Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply The Sims Guild
I'm a horrible parent...but it feels good. =)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Darth Kosher

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:43 pm
My newly-wed couple had a gorgeous baby girl. =)

She's now a toddler and now that she knows how to walk she tends to walk away from my sim when my sim needs to give her a bottle or change her tush.

I got very frustraited with her because my sim's needs were wayy down and all she needed to do was feed her toddler, but her toddler just kept walking around I suppose "trying to find a spot to sit" type of thing. So as soon as I got a hold of her, I stuck her in the highchair, gave her her food, and sent my sim off to bed.

It was almost like a time-out for the girl because by the time my sim was fully rested, the toddler was screaming her head off.

She now never walks away again.

I win. =)  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:34 pm
Wow... I did that before... It was lifesaving! mrgreen  

da_deadly

MizuBushi

1,900 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:42 pm
thats not too bad ive had my sims but there kid in the crib and i made the sims shower, eat, sleep, play games, and talk to each other. luckly i removed all the doors in the house cause cps came.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:23 pm
Yeah, it is a pain in the butt when you want the sims to pick up a toddler and they both slowly move half way across the room just so they can be in the correct position.
I don't bother with highchairs anymore. Bottles work just fine and it saves a lot of time.

Emradrig

Aged Healer

9,050 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Healer 50

Kecitich

Supportive Cutesmasher

13,950 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Waffles! 25
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:00 am
Lol that is funny bad girl learnt her lesson 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:21 pm
I normally just make the toddlers play the block thing or music toy... works well too.  

Chef Tine

mega_melfina

Anxious Werewolf

10,650 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Hunter 50
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:31 pm
Lol...well that will teach her.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:45 pm
I HATE it when the Sims have kids, because then the sims have to take care of them and their motives go down and they get depressed. So I hire the nanny or just don't give them a family aspiration.  

CelticCatGoddess

maggoty tacos
Crew

Friendly Regular

7,650 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:32 am
Haha.
It's very frustrating when they do that. Especially if you have a small kitchen or a large family (or both).
For some reason I really like the way babies sound when they cry.
Sometimes I'll just sit there and listen to them cry before I realize they need something. XD  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:42 pm
Meh, sim children don't bother me that much. Having two babies and a toddler at once was rather stressful, but otherwise i haven't had any major problems. All my nannies have been alright, and for the most part my toddlers co-operate. I just get the thinking cap / smart milk combo, and they're all good to go within like a day. After that I just have them entertain themselves unless they need to eat or sleep, and then someone just puts them wherever they need to be. I really just let them take care of themselves.

black_cloud14

10,275 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200

Emo Muffin Xo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:40 pm
Tehe. Must try that some time. surprised

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 7:40 pm
One time I had a toddler get really tired, but I guess they can't "pass out" like adults? The baby ran outside and walked in circles around and around the house, and I couldn't interact with it to pick it up and put it in the crib until the next day!!  

Fin Raziel

The Sims Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff