Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Hottest Place on Gaia - - A 2PM Guild

Back to Guilds

The first ever guild dedicated to the Kpop group 2PM~ 

Tags: kpop, korean, jyp entertainment, jaebeom junsu nichkhun taecyeon, wooyoung junho chansung 

Reply 2:00 PM News - - Only 2PM News
[09-05-09] Jaebeom's old Myspace comments

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dementieva
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:43 am
Another reason why Netizens should just get a life. Why would they do something like this? I'm pretty sure they're jealous of 2PM and they want to be like them so they decide to ruin them. Who else thinks the majority of Netizens are guys who just can't get dates?

Netizens dug up Jaebeom's old myspace comments from 2005 (that's 4 years ago). And they aren't happy with the comments that he made.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Later that same day, Jaebeom apologizes for what he said and made an public apology.

Quote:
Hello everyone this is 2PM’s Park Jaebum. I would like to apologize on behalf of the comments I had made through Myspace a few years ago. I’m sorry.

As I tell all of you about how I felt that time, I also would like to apologize. In January of 2005, I came to Korea as a high school student. I was born in the States and I had insufficient knowledge of how Korea is. Being it my first time, I couldn’t communicate with others, my taste buds didn’t fit, and I barely knew the culture which I couldn’t understand. I felt as though I was treated coldly by the people around me as my family was left in the States. It was such a difficult situation where I didn’t even know if I was going to debut. Due to many hardships, things were getting too hard and I was getting lonely being homesick. I had the thoughts of quitting and I wanted to go back to my family in the States. The comment based on the Korea part: I wrote that because of my personal situation I was placed in and my emotions took over. I was too young and said things in the wrong words. I was too foolish, young, and facing difficulties where I made the mistake into turning my surroundings worse. Time passed by and I forgot that I had even written them. I am now embarrassed and truly sorry of those comments I had made. After that time, I had adjusted to everything and my thoughts have changed tremendously as I thank the people around me to get me to perform on stage in any situation. Those comments were made four years ago, but I am a different person now. To my family, Hottests, members of 2PM, and those who love 2PM, I am truly sorry. From now on, I hope that there will be no mistakes like this ever again. I will say it one more time that I am truly sorry.

-2PM’s Jaebum-

Now that's a leader. Some one who takes responsibility for what he does. And fast.

But who can really blame him? He's was a teenager who grew up in Seattle all his life, didn't speak much Korean, has never been to Korea, and hung out with b-boys and rapping people (sorry if this is a bit stereotypical). He had to leave his friends and family behind in the States and go off to Korea alone. He didn't speak Korean and didn't know the culture. And of course, trainee life is hard. Of course he's gonna want to go home and have a way to vent someway. And he probably didn't have asian pride yet.

I was like that, too, when I was little (I'm 16 XD). I didn't like the fact that I was the only asian in my class so I told everyone that I was American ('cause no one knew what asian was when they were little). I hated being asian because I was different and I kept wondering why out of all the nationalities, I had to be chinese. But now, as I grew older, I love being asian and I have asian pride and I know so many people who wish they were asian.

Jaebeom's views on Korea have changed and I think people should forget about what he wrote. But I can see where everyone is coming from with the being angry at him. If Jaebeom or any korean (or idol I look up to) said they hated China, I would be pretty upset and it would be pretty hard to forgive that.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:22 pm
i dont get people who turned against him just because he made ONE mistake. jaebeom had hard time in korea all alone trying to become a singer because that's his dream. if he really hated korea why would he audition in the first place?? he could get in to other groups in america but no. he auditioned because that's his mother's tongue and because he thought korea was a nice place. the blame should go to the people who treated him badly and not respecting him. people who hate him for saying that 4YEARS AGO when he had a hard time should go to hell. people like that don't even try to notice which situation he was in or dont try to understand his feeling

oh btw i understand his feeling not because im his fan but because i know how he feels  

hug me tight 4ever

ciaoxu

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:09 pm
User Image

I'm guessing a lot of netizens have "moving-on-from-the-past" issues...

He apologized T^T

User Image

2:00 PM News - - Only 2PM News

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces