Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
fire element

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

koolaid117

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:51 am
what r the characteristics of someone of the fire element  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:58 pm
Depends on which system you're looking at. By Greek philosophy, all you really need to know is that Fire is primarily hot and secondarily dry. In essence that means that Fire as separates things out of a homogenized whole and gives them individual identities; it keeps them that way through its dry aspect which signifies self-limitations. It's a fueler and forger. It's discerning and is capable of logic.

Keep in mind the ancients understood all things to be composed of all four elements in a mixture; nobody is the fire element. In Humorism, they believed certain people had a slight imbalance of the four humors, producing a temperament oriented in one direction or another, though. Here Fire is associated with the choleric temperament and the humor of yellow bile as well as the season of summer, the age of youth, and noontime. Physically they were believed to be taller and slimmer than your average person, with a tendency for red hair (no surprise there!). This same temperament theory has been revisited in modern psychology through models such as Meyers-Briggs types and the overall personality models are similar.

I suggest taking some time to look up the specifics yourself; Wikipedia has some decent starter pages on both humorism and temperament theory.  

Starlock

koolaid117

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:39 am
ok i was just asking about the traits like what do alot of fire element people have in common since i know so few (like one and myself) but i looked up that stuff and its really interesting thanx  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:57 am
I don't know if this helps, but it's been right about most of my friends that are fire elements. ^ ^

Quote:

A Preponderance of the FIRE element
A preponderance of Fire signs planets exemplify high spirits, great faith in self, enthusiasm, and direct honesty. Your fire sign nature projects a radiant, vitalizing energy that seems to glow with warmth and exuberance. You need a good deal of freedom to express yourself naturally, and you will usually display a fairly unrelenting insistence on your own point of view. You put all of yourself in whatever you do. You are intensely assertive, individualistic, active and self-expressive. Fire sign energies stimulate people who are more lethargic, but often your energies overpower or exhaust the more retiring or more sensitive type. Good natured and fun-loving, you have many friends and you are generous with your time, energy, and resources. You place a far greater value on having a good time than on material possessions. For all the natural generosity displayed by the fire signs, they are also famous for the big egos they frequently demonstrate. You may believe so strongly in your own powers and abilities that you overlook and frequently fail to take advantage of the talents and abilities of others. You try to do it all yourself and don't delegate well. Despite this damaging flaw in your managerial ability, you belong to a group that is the most daring and capable inspiring in a management sense; the natural leaders. In battle, sports or business, it is usually the fire signs out front leading the charge. You are the type of leader that is very independent and individualistic, rarely consulting with others for advice. You are constantly out front or "on stage" and you need to be recognized and admired for your attainment and accomplishments. Appreciation is more important than money in your estimation. Nothing hurts more than being ignored. The fire sign sense of honesty is straightforward and often child-like. Thus, you believe everyone is, like yourself, an open book. You may be somewhat gullible and naive.

-Myst Sadakichi-

4,850 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Wall Street 200

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:02 am
Autumn Nightclaw
I don't know if this helps, but it's been right about most of my friends that are fire elements. ^ ^

Quote:

A preponderance of Fire signs planets exemplify high spirits, great faith in self, enthusiasm, and direct honesty. Your fire sign nature projects a radiant, vitalizing energy that seems to glow with warmth and exuberance. You need a good deal of freedom to express yourself naturally, and you will usually display a fairly unrelenting insistence on your own point of view. You put all of yourself in whatever you do. You are intensely assertive, individualistic, active and self-expressive. Fire sign energies stimulate people who are more lethargic, but often your energies overpower or exhaust the more retiring or more sensitive type. Good natured and fun-loving, you have many friends and you are generous with your time, energy, and resources. You place a far greater value on having a good time than on material possessions. For all the natural generosity displayed by the fire signs, they are also famous for the big egos they frequently demonstrate. You may believe so strongly in your own powers and abilities that you overlook and frequently fail to take advantage of the talents and abilities of others. You try to do it all yourself and don't delegate well. Despite this damaging flaw in your managerial ability, you belong to a group that is the most daring and capable inspiring in a management sense; the natural leaders. In battle, sports or business, it is usually the fire signs out front leading the charge. You are the type of leader that is very independent and individualistic, rarely consulting with others for advice. You are constantly out front or "on stage" and you need to be recognized and admired for your attainment and accomplishments. Appreciation is more important than money in your estimation. Nothing hurts more than being ignored. The fire sign sense of honesty is straightforward and often child-like. Thus, you believe everyone is, like yourself, an open book. You may be somewhat gullible and naive.

Can you provide for us the source of your quote? I know you're trying to share, but without offering us the author or book the quote came from it's plagarism. And I know that's probably not your intent. smile

People can and often do have more of one sort of elemental energy than another within them. However, we really are all the elements, and it's best to try to keep that within some kind of balance. Having too much or too little of one kind of energy over the others can cause us problems, physically, emotionally, and mentally.

Quite often a person who feels one element more strongly than the others, is so unbalanced: they are either lacking the element and thus surround themselves in it to balance, or they are overflowing with that element, and are trying to get rid of the energy to balance themselves.

It's perfectly ok to feel an affinity of love for one element more than the others. Many people do - I myself adore Air, and love to work with Air whenever I can. But I keep my own self in balance with the other three, knowing that I can't and don't live on Air alone.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:18 am
Morgandria
Autumn Nightclaw

Quote:

Can you provide for us the source of your quote? I know you're trying to share, but without offering us the author or book the quote came from it's plagarism. And I know that's probably not your intent. smile

People can and often do have more of one sort of elemental energy than another within them. However, we really are all the elements, and it's best to try to keep that within some kind of balance. Having too much or too little of one kind of energy over the others can cause us problems, physically, emotionally, and mentally.

Quite often a person who feels one element more strongly than the others, is so unbalanced: they are either lacking the element and thus surround themselves in it to balance, or they are overflowing with that element, and are trying to get rid of the energy to balance themselves.

It's perfectly ok to feel an affinity of love for one element more than the others. Many people do - I myself adore Air, and love to work with Air whenever I can. But I keep my own self in balance with the other three, knowing that I can't and don't live on Air alone.

I can give you the website that I found it on, actually. It has all the elements on them and mixtures of the elements as well.

http://www.astrology-numerology.com/elements.html

I've also found one other website that give the characteristics of the elements. I think this site is better than the one I just put up, but that's just my opinion, lol.

http://www.thedance.com/wicca101/4elem.htm

-Myst Sadakichi-

4,850 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Wall Street 200

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:36 am
Autumn Nightclaw
I can give you the website that I found it on, actually. It has all the elements on them and mixtures of the elements as well.

http://www.astrology-numerology.com/elements.html

I've also found one other website that give the characteristics of the elements. I think this site is better than the one I just put up, but that's just my opinion, lol.

http://www.thedance.com/wicca101/4elem.htm

The astrology one is pretty traditional as to how the elements relate to astrological signs and events. Some witches might use that information, and some won't.

The second is much more ecclectic, but still pretty standard neo-pagan witchcraft.

Many European and North American systems of magical practice and witchcraft have a basis in Western Hermetic tradition - which is why the correspondences for these paths are similar.  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games