Submit

0-Takashi-0

Wealthy Tycoon

4,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:29 pm
this is extremely important i bought a game farcry instincts predator and i think fallout 3 copied it and there are reasons www.oxmonline.com/.../far-cry-instincts go to this link and compare the first picture you see with fallout 3 any other questions just post in this topic and i,ll answer them the best way i can  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:14 pm
Posted on: Nov 12, 2007
Page Not Found!
Eep. The page you're looking for is missing. If you're using a bookmark or link from OXM's old website, then that's the problem (and there's help below). But if you're sure you've got the right URL, then perhaps you found a broken link.

I looked up Far Cry Instincts and I see what your getting at I think, about there being a war, but I don't think it's anything to go "OMG, COPIED" about. There's a lot more to Fallout 3 as I'm sure there is to Far Cry Instincts.

Speaking of copying though, has anyone seen RAGE?  

Ich esse dich

5,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

0-Takashi-0

Wealthy Tycoon

4,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:27 pm
yes!! xd thats basically fallout 4 its almost the exact same game it still looks pretty cool  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:28 pm
its a fallout based bioshock with vehicles... what else could you ask for?  

Herr Kaiser

Aged Codger

0-Takashi-0

Wealthy Tycoon

4,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:39 pm
scurr
i never said it was a bad thing i just noticed lots of similsrities i mean there are monsters in farcry called ferals you cant sit there and tell me bethesda didnt steal that  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:18 pm
creavous
scurr
i never said it was a bad thing i just noticed lots of similsrities i mean there are monsters in farcry called ferals you cant sit there and tell me bethesda didnt steal that
Lol, Feral is an actual word, I cant recall and cbf to get my dictionary, but basically it means untamed, wild, or savage so naming creatures after a real word isnt quite stealing sweatdrop  

Ser Martyr

Super Streaker

9,300 Points
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Super Tipsy 200

0-Takashi-0

Wealthy Tycoon

4,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:57 pm
Martyr_of_Death
creavous
scurr
Lol, Feral is an actual word, I cant recall and cbf to get my dictionary, but basically it means untamed, wild, or savage so naming creatures after a real word isnt quite stealing sweatdrop
would it still matter if the monsters looked like gouhls  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:45 pm
creavous
Martyr_of_Death
creavous
scurr
would it still matter if the monsters looked like gouhls

I bet you I can find something from any video game that has been copied. Besides old games like Pac man and stuff.  

mmmmmtoast
Crew

Erekayu

6,875 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:32 pm
Fallout Copied Oblivion!

Oh wait...They were made by the same people...  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:47 pm
Ghouls have been around since the first Fallout. Tacking the word "Feral" on to them in order to differentiate between "ferals" and "intelligent" is a logical step. Would you prefer they called them wild ghouls?

Also, I am a FarCry fan. I fail to see any similarity to Fallout in any of the FarCry games. I mean, the main character can jump ten feet in to the air to rip a sniper in half with his bare hands, then land and mow down unarmored mercenaries by the hundreds with whatever weapon he happens to have at the time, all while running at high speeds and tracking the enemies through their scent trails. The definition of overpowered.

Predator, if I am not mistaken, has to do with being trapped on a chain of islands after your job of guarding a "deal" goes bad and both warring factions present on the islands grow to hate you within 5 minutes of gameplay, then you go around with the only 2 people that trust you in order to destroy one of the factions because they are almost as overpowered as you are.

Now, if that gameplay is similar to Fallout, I am going to assume you got a different version of the game than I did.  

Roane Farhall

Distinct Hunter

0-Takashi-0

Wealthy Tycoon

4,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:49 am
Roane Farhall
Ghouls have been around since the first Fallout. Tacking the word "Feral" on to them in order to differentiate between "ferals" and "intelligent" is a logical step. Would you prefer they called them wild ghouls?

Also, I am a FarCry fan. I fail to see any similarity to Fallout in any of the FarCry games. I mean, the main character can jump ten feet in to the air to rip a sniper in half with his bare hands, then land and mow down unarmored mercenaries by the hundreds with whatever weapon he happens to have at the time, all while running at high speeds and tracking the enemies through their scent trails. The definition of overpowered.

Predator, if I am not mistaken, has to do with being trapped on a chain of islands after your job of guarding a "deal" goes bad and both warring factions present on the islands grow to hate you within 5 minutes of gameplay, then you go around with the only 2 people that trust you in order to destroy one of the factions because they are almost as overpowered as you are.

Now, if that gameplay is similar to Fallout, I am going to assume you got a different version of the game than I did.
well if you put it that way....  
Fallout 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff