Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)
how do you heal a broken heart?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

whiporwill-o

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:44 pm
how do you heal a broken heart?

short story, my boyfriend broke up with me. he had to move a fair while back and even though he and i lived far apart for a long time i still find myself feeling empty with him out of my life. he and i have been together so long that i dont know if i cant even date another, much less fall in love. i know i'm jumping the gun a bit, but i dont want to just sit around and mope, i have to get up and on with life, but i dont really know how. any advice (and no, i'm not asking for silly spells)?  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:48 am
You're going to hate this answer....but time. Time is what is going to help you. It's pretty normal I would say to feel like you can/will never love another right now. Don't dwell too long on your broken heart, but take it one day at a time, ya know?

*comforts*  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

whiporwill-o

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:19 am
Violet Song jat Shariff
You're going to hate this answer....but time. Time is what is going to help you. It's pretty normal I would say to feel like you can/will never love another right now. Don't dwell too long on your broken heart, but take it one day at a time, ya know?

*comforts*

you're right, i do hate that answer, lol xd

bleh, time takes too long and i dont want to be all alone sad  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:28 am
Um... I did make a spell for this. But I'd already waited a year and something to get over the guy and somehow it hadn't worked so I devised a spell and within a month the feelings were gone. I think it'd be a struggle to like him again.

In case you want this spell (though I don't recommend using it so early) I'll type out the basics.

You need;
Pen
Paper
Candle (whichever colour is up to you)
Red and white ribbon

Light the candle. Begin to meditate on releasing yourself from the binding emotions you wish to be free from. While doing this, write your name on a piece of paper and the male sign on the other. Wrap them up in the red ribbon and tie it tightly. Concentrate on how your emotionally attached and need to let go. As you think of letting go, untie the ribbon, take away the male piece and retie the ribbon around your piece. While thinking of protection, tie around the white ribbon. (I used that as a way of letting myself know that I can control my emotions with my self control. Thats what I guess the ribbon represents) pass them through the flame, say a few words (I can't remember what I said and I don't keep a book of shadows... yet) and then extinguish the candle.

It's a bit rough but it worked for me so you never know!

hope you heal soon!  

loveblackbutterflies

-X-Luciferin-X-Bandit-X-

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:11 pm
Rum seemed to help me a ton. If you are into that kinda thing...

That, or get a ton of your friends, and go do something fun for a few days (Music festivals - especially the hippy kind - do it for me)  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:10 am
XxBangbang.im.a.banditxX
Rum seemed to help me a ton. If you are into that kinda thing...

That, or get a ton of your friends, and go do something fun for a few days (Music festivals - especially the hippy kind - do it for me)

lol, thanks, but i see alcohol as more of a "alright, now its time to just chill and have a good time" rather than a tonic for depression. i actually refuse to drink when i'm upset or depressed as it only makes me feel worse, being a 'downer' and all.

going on a mini vacation sounds fun, but alas i have to work all the time (plus i'm dirt poor sweatdrop ) but i appreciate the input.  

whiporwill-o

whiporwill-o

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:11 am
loveblackbutterflies

hope you heal soon!

thank you  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:02 pm
Just get your mind off of it. do as much stuff as you can and completely exaust yourself everyday so when you go to sleepyou cant stay up and think about life. Call friends make plans. school if you go. i mean anything could help out. as long as you arent thinking about it.  

scarlet_moon225

whiporwill-o

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:27 pm
thank you, everyone for your advice and thoughts heart i really appreciate it, but i have another question or issue, rather.

i keep having dreams about him. i know that it is the minds way of dealing with the situation and such (or at least that's what i learned in psychology) but i really need to stop dreaming about him, it isn't helping me at all, it just makes me feel more alone when i wake up. how can i make the dreams stop? (simple before bed spells are welcome this time as i do not know how else to deal with or get rid of these dreams).  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:31 am

I found that incence helps me out, I don't know if it will work for you. I burn a stick around the time I feel myself start to get slightly tierd. Mind you I burn it in my bedroom since thats where I sleep... I burn a very calming sent - mine is sandalwood, jasmine, or ocean sents. Then I take a deep breath before I go to bed, I find that if I'm calm and relaxed before I go to bed I don't normally have bad dreams or nightmares. I hope this helps, and I don't recomend leaving anything that is lit (incence or candles) lit while you sleep. Fire hazard and all that.

Izzy_Beth45856

Witty Lunatic

9,450 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Guildmember 100

Arcaniss Vivian

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:08 am
I know this sounds weird but...try writing down the dream. Burn it afterward if you want, but I used to have recurring dreams and I finally just turned them into a story and wrote it down then lost the paper. It's sort of like if you contain it on paper it can't be replaying in your head.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:10 am
Arcaniss Vivian
I know this sounds weird but...try writing down the dream. Burn it afterward if you want, but I used to have recurring dreams and I finally just turned them into a story and wrote it down then lost the paper. It's sort of like if you contain it on paper it can't be replaying in your head.

it seems like i may (or may not have) heard that somewhere before.... seems like it might have been psychology class... my teacher had a hard time staying on topic, lol. thanks for the advice, i will have to try that.  

whiporwill-o

GoddessAttuned

Mind-boggling Fatcat

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:51 am
Yes time does help pretty much all things heal, but I think thats a no brainer for most people who have hade a brush with love or emotional problems in their lives.
When I have gone through heart break I like to, though usually not right away, take anything that may have belonged to that person or that may remind me of them and put it either in my memory box or I throw it away. On rare ocassions I wait and give it back to them when I am alright, but rarely.
Attatched with my items in my memory box, I like to write a letter to myself with each item. With heart break I sit down and write down the person, their name when we were together then I diverse into how they hurt me, how I feel. Pretty much venting, and then I try to write down the good things shared and the good things I felt with them.
I just find that helps me let go of the person, even just a little bit. Sometimes I enclose a picture, so when I look back I can remember. I am a sintimental woman though >.<
Other then that I like the small matra; " In everyday, in every way, I am removing myself of ( insert name/thing/feeling, etc. )"
But thats just me.

I hope I was of some help to you, if not, well that happens.
Get better dear, love and light.

*~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff