Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
spirits?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Can spirits visit into your dreams?
  Yes
  No
View Results

EstellaHanzatsu

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:05 am
I am not actually sure where i would post this. . .

anyway,
Spirits can contact people through dreams, can't they?
And if thats correct, does it happen with an animals spirit?

I found my cat dead last saturday (sept 5) morning, run over by a car.
a few days later, monday(sept 7) night, I had a dream.
In that dream, which didn't feel really dream like at all, I awake to what looks like late morning maybe 10 am ish, when i sat up My cat jumped onto my bed. I was in an utter state of shock, i knew very well that she wasn't alive. Thats where it doesn't feel like a dream to me, usually in a normal dream i wouldn't be aware of something like that, or I would know but not act upon it. It also seemed as though i had ful control of myself which never happens for me in dreams.
Anyway, i reach out to my cat, not sure if i can touch her, like maybe she's a ghost coming to see me. But she was solid, I cried and pet and hugged her.

The way my cat looked at me in this was loving and reasuring.
Like saying "I'm with you"

It was the most wonderful few moments of sleep i've ever had but so disapointing to wake from and not see that my baby is not actually there.

Mostly want to know, if it was really her coming to see me and not a dream, Do you think it means she loved me and i wasn't just someone who pet and fed her.

for something a little less, depressing i'll tell you my other cat has started sleeping in my room again since he realized she was gone.
It's not exactly nice but i rather fall asleep with him than be alone.
My kitty, she would only go out at night and come back 3 or 4 am and i'd wake with her beside me.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:45 pm
Well, nobody really knows "The Truth" of these things; it isn't something that can be quantified as a fact or a matter of science. The question you need to ask yourself is only this: what do you believe about the nature of spirits and/or what do you *want* to believe about them? How do you want to interpret this? What does it mean to you? In the end, does it really matter if it was *really* your cat's ghost or not if it was still emotionally meaningful to you?

Personally I wouldn't fret over whether or not it was "real" or not. I actually had something somewhat similar happen when I was in a trance where someone I knew appeared to be sending me a message. At the time I thought it was a portend that they were dead; turns out they weren't, but it did force me to investigate them further and come to a needed closure with this creature. For all I know, the critter *did* send me a psychic message, but maybe it didn't. Either way, it doesn't matter since the event held meaning for me and helped me resolve a personal issue I was facing. I hope that this experience can do the same for you in an equally positive way!  

Starlock

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:55 pm
It's subjective. Only you can really know. If it was me in that situation, I'd be pretty sure it was real. And cats do care, even if it doesn't seem like it. I imagine your other cat is sleeping on your bed as a form of reassurance. (Well, that or your bed was the best sleeping place all along and it's claiming its territory.)

It could have been wishful thinking, yes. It could have been your mind creating an experience you ardently desired. But this is a place where faith comes into things. One shouldn't dismiss everything as a creation of one's mind. So could it go either way? Yes.

Whenever you're unsure, the best idea really is to file it under "interesting experience" and leave it there. Something later on might inspire you to move it into "legitimate spirit contact" or "figment of dream".  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:34 pm
Sanguina Cruenta
It's subjective. Only you can really know. If it was me in that situation, I'd be pretty sure it was real. And cats do care, even if it doesn't seem like it. I imagine your other cat is sleeping on your bed as a form of reassurance. (Well, that or your bed was the best sleeping place all along and it's claiming its territory.)

It could have been wishful thinking, yes. It could have been your mind creating an experience you ardently desired. But this is a place where faith comes into things. One shouldn't dismiss everything as a creation of one's mind. So could it go either way? Yes.

Whenever you're unsure, the best idea really is to file it under "interesting experience" and leave it there. Something later on might inspire you to move it into "legitimate spirit contact" or "figment of dream".

Well my other cat used to sleep in my room almost everynight before i got the oen that died. He's reclaiming old territory.  

EstellaHanzatsu

EstellaHanzatsu

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:38 pm
I really don't know what to think.

I hope it was her coming to me.
I do think it's quite possible for a spirit to visit while your in REM. I've had glimpses of the future (not recently) while sleeping so why not get contacted.
I think she was saying good bye. . .
Thats how I feel about it.
mostly.

I'd like to find a way to see her again. . .
I've buried her in my yard, maybe sometime i could meditate out there. . .
does that sound like it could work?
Lets just hope no one who's owned this house in the past has anything else buried out there, I'm probably too new at all this to avoid other dead things . . . .>.<  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:48 pm
It might just be shock. If you really loved your pet, you're probably distressed. Dreams reflect your current emotional state.  

mechanical kitsy
Crew

EstellaHanzatsu

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:24 pm
xXx kitsy xXx
It might just be shock. If you really loved your pet, you're probably distressed. Dreams reflect your current emotional state.

well it was days after it happened and i was feeling better for the most part. . . I'm relatively good at shutting down my emotions and getting on with life. It took longer than most other things i've had to get over but i was just about over it, then i had the dream.
The shock was all in the first 2 days and i think i was just in a state of not wanting to let go at the point that i had the dream.

I am still not quite ready to let go but at the point where i accept she's gone and am almost ready to think about finding a new furry friend. It's lonely in the morning, and most of the day without her.  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games