Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Xbox and Playstation Gaming
I'm getting wet :)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blam
  Headshot!
View Results

Naomi_Hellsing

Enduring Lover

10,350 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:51 am
Yes, I'm aware that sounded naughty, but I AM getting the game Wet. Here are some awesome facts about said game.

1. Eliza Dushku is voicing the main character, that means I WILL buy it. Yes I'm Eliza's love slave...

2. The soundtrack it awesome, their are three different kickarse songs in the demon alone.

3. Based on a Spaghetti western esk movie feel you play as a hit woman.

4. I support women rights, and I believe that buying this game proves it, for far to long their have been only hitmen.

5. You get to use slow motion major attack to wipe out ALOT of enemies.

6. Your health refiller, it isn't' a health pack, it isn't a something lame, no, it's a bottle of whiskey, that numbs your pain.

7. You use a sword to kill people, to open locked doors, and to slide down wires and such.

8. The name sounds dirty

9. Their are scenes where you get blood on you and go into a blood rage form hell. NO ONE has anythign on this chick, I mean instead of handguns suddenly she has automatic machine guns. He sword is on fire, and everything in black and red. When you kill enemies in this mode the dissolve.

10. The main chick is very hot.

So people, let me know what you think about the game and my reasons for buying it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:01 am
I like the No More Heroes feel it has, and in Rubi Mode you also have shotguns and crossbows with exploding arrows.

The title wasn't really meant to be dirty, it's a reference to wetwork.

"Wetwork or wet work is a euphemism for murder or assassination, alluding to hands literally wet with blood."

Which explains the Rubi mode as well... kinda.  

Cybylt

Haratio TaFotter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:42 am
Played the demo, and frankly, I wasn't that impressed. Other than the grindhouse look its trying to puill off, it just looks kinda like every other third person bullet time shooter I've ever seen, with the exception that it doesn't play as well.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:20 pm
Razull
I like the No More Heroes feel it has, and in Rubi Mode you also have shotguns and crossbows with exploding arrows.

The title wasn't really meant to be dirty, it's a reference to wetwork.

"Wetwork or wet work is a euphemism for murder or assassination, alluding to hands literally wet with blood."

Which explains the Rubi mode as well... kinda.
I'm not saying that the wet thing was just to sound dirty.

But you know as well as I do that it isn't just the above definition.

I mean they could have called it Wetworks, or Hands of blood, having it with the name Wet, and a hot female as your Main Character, their was a little but innuendo.  

Naomi_Hellsing

Enduring Lover

10,350 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Naomi_Hellsing

Enduring Lover

10,350 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:21 pm
Haratio TaFotter
Played the demo, and frankly, I wasn't that impressed. Other than the grindhouse look its trying to puill off, it just looks kinda like every other third person bullet time shooter I've ever seen, with the exception that it doesn't play as well.
Are you kidding, the grindhouse look is a major thign of it. Also, it's controls are easy to get, hard to master, and I prefer an easier type to Lara Croft where it's three buttons to do some things.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:55 pm
Naomi_Hellsing
Haratio TaFotter
Are you kidding, the grindhouse look is a major thign of it. Also, it's controls are easy to get, hard to master, and I prefer an easier type to Lara Croft where it's three buttons to do some things.

I didn't say that the grindhouse look wasn't a major part of the game. I'm not saying you're a bad gamer, but I was picking apart guys no problem about thirty seconds into the demo. There's surely more stuff in the full game, but I haven't seen enough from the title to distinguish it from evey other bullet time game I've played before.  

Haratio TaFotter

Cybylt

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:40 am
As fun as it was though, I'd take No More Heroes 2 over Wet.

Travis Touchdown

Side note - What's with the broken image coding on this site?  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:22 am
Razull
As fun as it was though, I'd take No More Heroes 2 over Wet.

Now that's what I like to hear!  

Haratio TaFotter

Sami Von Disco

7,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:05 pm
No More Heroes! That's it! Thanks for coming up with something for my Christmas list!

And as stylish as Wet seems (I went to the website), it reminds me a lot of GTA: Liberty City. Not that that's a bad thing, but it seems like it's trying too hard to be original. I think I'd be more into it if Rubi was a classy dame, able to stay poised even while kicking a**.  
Xbox and Playstation Gaming

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games