GIVE ME GOLD!
View Results

rencav

4,400 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:05 pm
I am really horrible at role playing and I would like tips on how to do better at it  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:34 am
ok small suggestion when in character and someone has started and if its funny or u start enjoying it just say what you think sounds good for the moment XD  

sean2708

frisky J J jr

4,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:42 pm
Find the one rp thread that you know you would like and just START!!!!!!!!!!! that is if you have permission to. you'll get better. oh and read books written in the third person. they are basically just an rpg with a cover  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:08 pm
My tip is to keep your talking to other people and the actual rp seperate, that way you avoid confusion  

Thowan

un deux toz

Shameless Enabler

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:21 pm
Make sure that you stay in the same tense. Usually third person, like a regular book, yet you have complete control of that character's mind. So, not only should you post their actions and dialogue, make sure you post what they think as well. Not necessarily straight dialogue from their head, but their relationship with the person they are meeting (do they know each other well or not?). What do they think of their situation? What do they think of their surroundings? And also try to never get yourself caught in a corner when your character runs off by themselves and isn't in any position to interact with other characters. You will most likely have to go to them, not the other way around.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:49 pm
only thing i can tell you mate is to be creative. Nothing kills an rp worse than having to deal with a writer who has no imagination. well, other than tubgirl trolls that is  

KryDandee

FerretDango

Dapper Conventioneer

14,015 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:31 pm
think of yourself as the person ur rping, forget who you are like a split personality  
Role Plays - No RPing here

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games