Submit

SK Loda

Omnipresent Millionaire

6,350 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:22 pm
I never really thought much of it until today. Some kid from my grade who I didn't know came up to me, and in my school, when you smoke, mostly everybody know. Anyways, he asks me 3 questions, which I never thought much of, but it kinda bugged me, because not all people who smoke do this kinda stuff.

1) Do you skateboard?
My response was, "No, not everybody who smokes skateboards."

2) If you don't skateboard, surely you must play guitar in a band.
"Actually, I play drums, but no, that isn't guitar."

3)Do you smoke just to fit in with the other kids who are good stoners? You know, who play guitar and stuff, and skateboard.
This question really peeved me...I wasn't aware that I was doing it wrong, and I'm not, but apparently, some people are so ignorant and blind to what actually goes on, that they have convinced themselves that stupid crap like this, is standard and correct. My response was kind of nasty. "No, I smoke for myself. I'm not sure exactly what the hell your problem is, but I don't know you, and I honestly don't really want to." Or something like that.

I'm just wondering, when people categorize you as like a skater, a punk rocker, or whatever just because you smoke, does it get to you? Maybe I overreacted, I just want to get a second opinion.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:47 pm
I hate stoner stereotypes.
I hate stereotypes. I don't feel like I fit into
any of them.

I love school!
it's fun seeing people with their friends.  

Just Neva

BaylieJae OpenEyes

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:11 pm
Yeah! I agree. I can't skateboard for s**t! I don't play anything but piano. Well I am the type of stoner that laughs and confuses words but you give me a huge math paper to do and I am done faster than those really smart asian kids! Otherwise I just kinda sit there and draw crazy a** s**t or take cool picatures.
Like tiz =>

User Image  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:21 am
I dont make stereotypes for people and I dont really think I fit into any stereotype I use to skate before I smoked,I own a guitar but stopped playing before I smoked I'm looking for a bass now. And I dont know about you guys but I rock at video games when I'm high.  

Indie Jesus

SK Loda

Omnipresent Millionaire

6,350 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:05 pm
It honestly doesn't make any sense that stoners get put into those groups like that. People were smoking pot before people were skating. The fact that skaters began to smoke has nothing to do like the rest of people. The fact that guitarists of bands often smoke, is just because they have the money to do so, and happen to play guitar.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:16 am
since when were stoners consider skateboarders.. ?
i've never nor have any of my friends been asked if we skated.
this whole label thing is like, so middle school lol.  

red rabbiit

-D---B-

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:54 pm
those douchebags have probably never stepped on a skateboard in their life.

smoking 2 joints is definetly the key to a steezy treflip rolleyes  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:07 pm
its not just skaters and punk rockers
every type of person has someone in that group that smokes.

what about ghetto kids? am i right?

if you ask me those arent the stoner stereotypes at all.

i would say thay saying "man" after everything is a stoner stereotype..  

MICHAEL JACKSON DIED T_T

Darth_Nader

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:07 am
Well, I do play guitar, but not when I'm high. I like Calculus when I'm high  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:16 pm
i hate stoner stereotypes  

HippieKrowly

butsnif

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:15 am
stoner stereotypes are funny

bill bailey does a good one in one of his stand up shows about airport control

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsYhOvJhKm8

a wizard in a call centre!

i really dont mind, these are quite innocuous and dont really impinge on my life in a negative way. i pay them no mind anyway as it is generally the morbidly stupid who deal in stereotypes in general so why would you be listening to them?

plus there are so many stereotypes in this world that affect people in seriously negative ways, losing them their jobs, respect and self confidence because of the way they look or the way they live their life. so a few goons thinking im a waster really doesnt matter to me compared to a kid getting bullied at school for being gay or someone being victimised at work because of their race, to name but a few.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:16 am
red rabbiit
since when were stoners consider skateboarders.. ?
i've never nor have any of my friends been asked if we skated.
this whole label thing is like, so middle school lol.

mrgreen lol  

butsnif

OH_Kerrshey

Tipsy Regular

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:35 am

User Image
Panda slippers >> 367k//479k

lol. i googled Stoner stereotypes, and i found this and i ROFLED

Drop-Out Stoner Stereotype

--------------------------
This is the most common stereotype. Drop-out stoners didn't graduate from high school because they skipped most of their classes. They were always getting into trouble and sneaking around. You'd find a drop-out stoner in the bathroom trying to hide his smoke. They usually sounded like they had accents from California and they never washed (or changed) their clothes. They drove really crappy cars (usually vans with a mattress in the back) and were always getting tickets. The police usually knew them by name.

Drop-out stoners usually had lots of room mates. That's because most of them couldn't keep their fast food or movie theater jobs. And the only reason they wanted a job was to buy more weed. They were always late to work and looked like they had just woken up even if it was 9 in the evening. They didn't talk about much other than marijuana and getting high. They usually didn't own products like shampoo or toothpaste and thought of such objects as secondary to the weed they wanted. They would only buy weed in nickel or dime size bags and always owed a bunch of money with promises to pay back later.

The drop-out stoner was the typical stoner of the movies. They never had girl friends, they played jokes on the jocks, and they dropped out of school.

rofl

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:11 pm
butsnif
stoner stereotypes are funny

bill bailey does a good one in one of his stand up shows about airport control

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsYhOvJhKm8

a wizard in a call centre!

i really dont mind, these are quite innocuous and dont really impinge on my life in a negative way. i pay them no mind anyway as it is generally the morbidly stupid who deal in stereotypes in general so why would you be listening to them?

plus there are so many stereotypes in this world that affect people in seriously negative ways, losing them their jobs, respect and self confidence because of the way they look or the way they live their life. so a few goons thinking im a waster really doesnt matter to me compared to a kid getting bullied at school for being gay or someone being victimised at work because of their race, to name but a few.

yeah they are funny to watch or listen too ^^  

HippieKrowly

Bonquchko

Dapper Conversationalist

5,400 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:21 pm
One Stoner Stereotype is long hair... Most Definatly, Long hair...

I get dirty looks from tons of people when I walk around different places... But on the other side, I wouldn't have know that a friend of my smoked weed if I didn't have long hair...  
Marijuana Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff