Something to note for Dr. Who fans

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:57 pm
So re-watch the first and tenth episodes of season 3, notice something?

Thats right.

There are a ******** ton of New Rocks in those episodes, they are the boots the Judoon wear and the boots the Future Kind wear. Which was definitly a head trip when I noticed it and led me to believe the BBC had recruitment vans outside Download the year before and just asked people if they wanted to be a Doctor Who extra.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tasha-mode/1343837768/
Proof  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:26 pm
the pic is broke...

would be incredibly amusing to think that many ppl bought the same shoe and ended up on tv. The reality is more pathetic though....
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
producer 1: got a really good script this week, lots of drama and whatnot....so....what are we gonna make them look like?

producer 2: avent got a clue....

producer 1: well...we've got to come up with something rather quick or this weeks filming is in the crapper...

costume designer: I just witnessed a sale down at the corner market, that might do the trick.....

Producer 1: Really? not our usual fish and chips, but let's see what we can see...

Producer 2: The BBC did sign our last paycheck, didn't they?

Producer 1: I...don't...really...know? let me check the hedge fund box for a bit...(rumages through a box of old benny hill film reels)..ah....there we are.....

costume designer: anything good?

Producer 1: well, lets see, we got a rubber band, two tickets to the graham norton show, a paperclip, Tom Bakers resignation letter, about a thousand quid, and a memo from the director of the BBC saying to acquire your props by the cheapest means necessary, or else......

Producer 2: that, at least, explains why we havn't filmed any new episodes in the last few months...

Costume designer: Bollocks!

Producer 1: That cinches it then.....

Costume designer: what?

Producer 1: we'll have to resort to plan C then....

(everyone facepalms)(dejected looks all around)

Producer 2: Right! I'll go photocopy the help wanted posters, and get the boys down in the set department to go out and post them....

Costume designer: Ok,I'll try to contact the clothing companies for endorsement deals, and hope they'll give us some free crap we can use....either that, or poke around the local consignment shops and hope we get lucky...

Producer 1: Yes! and i'll just pop on down to the loo for a bit, for a quick prayer ,and while i'm there maybe i'll catch the BBC director in a good mood, and maybe with a whole lot of luck (and a good arse kissing) we'll actually get paid this month instead of free tea at the company kibble shop...

Costume designer: We're doomed.....  

Keevan Draco

Blood~~fox

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:54 pm
lol heart  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:24 am
Image be fixed.  

Rellik San
Crew

Keevan Draco

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:43 pm
thanks Rellik,

it looks like the costume dept. modified the basic mid calf new rock with a longer tongue and boot neck to allow for the wrapped lace look. It looks similar to the Demonia, but I can see where they attached the extra material to make it more of a knee boot...

to be honest, it almost looks like they built a pair of spatz to cover over the original boots. it's rather easy to make and fastens under the sole arch of boots with snaps and a hidden zipper somewhere to one side to allow it to slip over the original boot.

correction: it is a spatz over the original boot, notice the buckle at the ankle. that's where the strap from the otherside goes under the sole arch and fastens to the opposite side...from a costumeing standpoint, it's rather brilliant....and cheap to make....

of course, i might be totally wrong and NewRock actually makes that style of boot. I've never seen it before, so I'm guessing that the costume department just did a little modifying majick like good costume departments all over the world do every day...  
Multimedia

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games