Welcome to Gaia! ::

◇ Xtreme Skilled Knights ◇

Back to Guilds

An army of many is more powerful than an army of one. 

Tags: everything, anime, poetry, clan, gold, fun, knights, skilled, RP, games, music, advice, vending, webcasts, booty grab, contests, art, music, zOMG, Wii, Xbox, Playstation, PC 

Reply Mountain Peak____________-___________ Music
Musical Knowledge: Music Class Lesson 2 Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Im Gone I Lost

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:37 pm
Welcome to my class, here you will study the art of music my most pride subject, so I will be kind enough to teach you most of what you need to know.

Lesson 1
Reading Music

Not knowing how to read music is a disaster so to help you is me. Here will show you how to read on both Treble Clef and Bass Clef, not bass as in the fish but bass as in base.

User Image

The fancy symbol to the left of the top 5 sets of lines and 4 spaces is the Treble Clef to be specific the G Treble Clef

And the bottom symbol is the Bass Clef to be specific F Bass Clef.

A with 5 lines and 4 spaces is called a staff which is just a musical term meaning 5 lines and 4 spaces with a clef.

Notice how there are lines under the notes these lines are called "Ledger Lines". Ledger Lines, are lines that are either above or below the staff but keeps going in the same order as it is on the staff it just shows either higher or lower notes. Can be as many lines as needed.

Sharps # & Flats b

Sharps: A musical term used to express a half step or tone above a single note. Ex: C# B# E# F# G#, can be any note.

Flat: A musical term used to express a half step or tone below a single note. Ex: Gb Fb Ab Db, can be any note.

A sharp looks like a number sign and flat looks like a fancy italicized lower case b

Sharp = #

Flat = b

Lesson 2

Musical Notation

Reading music requires you to know your notes

User Image
This is a Whole note which gets four beats

User Image
This is a half not which gets 2 beats

User Image
This is a quarter note it gets 1 beat
(Note that a quarter and half differ from the shaded in circle)

User Image
This is an eighth note gets half the beat of a quarter note

There are more types of note which I will show you later on in the lesson but these are the basic notes

When counting in music you are led by a metronome either in front of you or in your head and this "Metronome" keeps the timing or the steady beat

A whole note is held for four beats meaning it is not let off until the forth beat has ended.

A half note is held for 2 beats and is not let off until the second beat has ended.

A quarter note is held for 1 beat and is not let off until the first beat has ended.

An eighth note is a fast note, and is held for half the value of a quarter note so when this is played count one and two and (And is a beat for an eighth including a number)

User Image
Trying clapping this during the week so it could help you keep timing and know how to keep the beat of each of these notes

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:22 pm
whoa, what instrument is this for? Piano?  

Coco Kitty the Killer X

Im Gone I Lost

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:28 pm
Coco Kitty the Killer
whoa, what instrument is this for? Piano?

Music is for any instrument piano guitar flute clarinet saxophone.

It's just that they may be in different keys but on the same harmony in one.

As the lesson progress you will find out. more about music. Such an easy language learned by anyone.
Understood by everyone in any country.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:30 pm
ooh sounds cool! It's like those binary numbers computer language where everyone knows everything on the computer XD  

Coco Kitty the Killer X

Im Gone I Lost

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:19 pm
Coco Kitty the Killer
ooh sounds cool! It's like those binary numbers computer language where everyone knows everything on the computer XD

LoL I see, it somewhat is related but binary code would be much harder to comprehend for the simple fact it's 8 sets of 8 and for each function it has that i just know that off is 000000000 and on is 111111111 but if we relate that to a scale a single note has no intervals and a scale has 8 intervals which makes it an octave.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:25 pm
umm is taht paiano?
i paly the cello,violin,cell bass,double bass,and the viola?  

axl the azn boi

3,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Im Gone I Lost

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:27 pm
axl the azn boi
umm is taht paiano?
i paly the cello,violin,cell bass,double bass,and the viola?

For any instrument! I can't stress that enough.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:42 pm
crap should ahve looked at the clef signs  

axl the azn boi

3,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200

ABUSER x BONES

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:24 pm
It's like the very beginning of music theory. : )  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:48 am
i can't really do this  

Norbert Loves Marwa

6,100 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Tycoon 200

Galiel Kaicho

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:27 pm
I used to be in band in high school, but I played the drums and bells, so it's really hard for me to read any other kind of music now. I'd really like to learn how to play the violin though. That, and the piano.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:22 pm
I daresay, you and i would be great friends, Nostalgic Melody. Ask me (a fellow pianist), and that all made perfect sense. smile  

The curious explorer

4,350 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150

Willian Blackmore

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:22 pm
were is the 1/64 note? you show till 1/32...  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:21 pm
aw :]
i couldnt imagine not knowing how to read music. i read it better then I read my own language >.<  

Lindsey The Viking

Prophet

VerticallySidewards

6,000 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:50 am
thx dude  
Mountain Peak____________-___________ Music

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items