Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Common Room~* (chatterbox, life, socializing)
getting ready

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

do you love family hallowe'en specials?
  yes, of course!
  no, i don't like this commercialized hallowe'en!
  yay, free gold! gimme!
View Results

whiporwill-o

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:01 am
ok, so i am a HUGE Hallowe'en fan. it is, hands down, my favorite celebration of the whole year, for many reasons. i love the colors and the (sometimes) slight chill in the air (i live in a sub-tropical climate so we dont really get chills until late december, lol) the deorations and costumes, i could go on, but i'll refrain.

i am currently working on a collection of classic Hallowe'en tv specials and shows from yesteryear and so far i have a decent collection (disney's hallowe'en treat, the animated legend of sleepy hollow, hallowe'en is grinch night, its the great pumpkin charlie brown, and several bugs bunny cartoons featuring witch hazel [i just love her, lol]). so are there any hallowe'en classics that you enjoy every year or any that you recommend? and i'm not talking about scary, gorey slasher movies, i dont like those xp lol.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:33 am
If I think of anything, I'll let you know. The one's you've already named, are the ones that I would have said, so now I've got to think about it.

There are some more recent Halloween movies from like the Disney Channel and what not (not so much in the "classics" but some of them are kind of cute). Have to go dig up the titles.  

ncsweet
Crew

whiporwill-o

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:49 pm
lol, yeah, i always have the problem of figuring out the most obvious then i get stuck. i'm like "i seem to remember more than this from when i was a kid....hmmm" that's why i asked you guys, lol.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:22 am
now i have added to my collection:

scooby-doo on zombie island
scooby-doo and the ghoul school
some really old mickey mouse cartoons
the thriller music video, i just love that song (one of my goals in life is to learn the dance for it, lol)
and, though they arent technically classics, some of the 'haunted' specials from the history channel

still searching for more to set the mood though wink  

whiporwill-o

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:40 am
I think there was a Warner Bros. cartoon wherein Daffy and co. were Ghostbusters.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:29 pm
Sanguina Cruenta
I think there was a Warner Bros. cartoon wherein Daffy and co. were Ghostbusters.

yes! daffy duck's quackbusters. i LOVED that as a kid, lol, thanks heart 3nodding  

whiporwill-o

Yanueh

Shameless Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:16 am
I don't really care for the commercialized version of Halloween anymore. Between the candy filled with yog-knows-what kinds of horrid things our children should not be eating, and the plastic or flame-retardant costume parts that you know contain way too many toxins and xenoestrogens... just... ugh.

As for specials... I'm not really familiar with a lot of them. There's Disney's Halloweentown series, and it's okay. Could be better, but it's okay.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:12 am
Yanueh
As for specials... I'm not really familiar with a lot of them. There's Disney's Halloweentown series, and it's okay. Could be better, but it's okay.

meh, not really a fan, but thanks smile  

whiporwill-o

*~Common Room~* (chatterbox, life, socializing)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games