not as good as zombies
View Results

dragontamer363
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:01 pm
I found this image and it tickled me smile

http://www.i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=43665

It's an ingenious advertisement, ni?
Pity the 'true blood' series looked so crappy. the vampire's TEETH fer god's sake. ugh.

anyways, what's your favourite vampire franchise and why?

User Image

I've got to say i adore buffy the vampire slayer, but for visual punch the Blade 'reaper' vampires are my favourites.

User Image

*hee*  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:17 pm
lol XD

I am also a Buffy fan as well as a fan of vampires from the books of Anne Rice or Sherrilyn Kenyon.  

0Moon_Maiden0

dragontamer363
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:27 pm
I've never heard of Sherrilyn Kenyon - what's her stories like?

I enjoyed anne rice and the interview with the vampire flm (tom cruise as lestat was sexy eek heart ), but i found the vamps to be very whiney, which grew a little tiresome.

while i enjoyed twilight and it had some interesting new angels on vampires (eg how they don't move/shift their weight when standing because they don't need to anymore), the cons outweighed the pros on the vampires. I preferred the new look at the 'werewolves' in twilight 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:00 pm
Don't worry-I think I drooled more over their clothes in Interview with a Vampire than the vampires themselves half the time.

As for Sherrilyn Kenyon....it's the Darker Hunter series that I love.

*tries to think on how to explain*

The Greek goddess Artemis created a group of immortal warriors called the Dark-Hunters. They dedicate themselves to defending mankind from the Daimons (vampires), a group of people who were cursed by Apollo, as well as fighting a number of other enemies such as other gods.....

There are other heroes too such as other gods and numerous people who can shift into another animal and form their own packs (wolves, jackels, bears.....and the really rare shifters that change into dragons).

I also recommend Patricia Briggs book series. The first book is called "Moon Called." Stefan is my favorite vamp because he likes Scooby-Doo. I think he even had his own mystery machine.  

0Moon_Maiden0

dragontamer363
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:13 pm
cool smile Greek gods+ vampires = must be a success! lol  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:25 pm
dragontamer363
cool smile Greek gods+ vampires = must be a success! lol

haha-but of course!

Granted for any innocent minds in the guild perhaps you should wait to read them.......heheh. xd *in my best announcer voice* Some scenes are not suitable for young children.  

0Moon_Maiden0

dragontamer363
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:31 pm
lol!  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:24 pm
I don't think my favorite vampire series would be considered a franchise.

It's just a book series
And it has more to do with werewolves than vampires.
I've always been more fond of werewolves than vampires so I liked that they were in the spotlight for once and not as the bad guys.

It's by Patricia Briggs.
I can't remember the series though.
It doesn't have an official title it's just "The (main character's name) Saga"
Mercy Thompson, if I remember correctly.
I haven't read it for a long time.  

Zizzykitty
Crew

Dornkus
Crew

Werewolf

11,300 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hunter 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:14 pm
That is a clever ad.

In all honesty, the Twilight craze killed vampires for me. I'm so sick of hearing about how someone thinks "vampires" are so awesome when he or she is referring to the sparkling animal suckers from the series. I just can't take them seriously anymore.

Fortunately people don't really go crazy over the "werewolves" in the book (my sister says they're actually shape shifters), so it didn't kill lycanthropy for me. However, the threads on the World of Warcraft forum after the announcement of Worgen becoming a playable race reveals that werewolves have been killed off for many people thanks to Twilight and you apparently can't like them unless you like the series.

Thank you, Stephanie Meyer. You are my favorite person ever.

I'm sorry. What were we talking about again?  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:16 pm
Zizzykitty

It's just a book series
I've always been more fond of werewolves than vampires so I liked that they were in the spotlight for once and not as the bad guys.

It's by Patricia Briggs.

The Mercedes Thompson Series

I heart Stefan & the Tri-Cities wolf pack! lol  

0Moon_Maiden0

Zizzykitty
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:14 pm
0Moon_Maiden0
Zizzykitty

It's just a book series

It's by Patricia Briggs.

The Mercedes Thompson Series

I heart Stefan & the Tri-Cities wolf pack! lol

FINALLY.
You are the first person I have met that has also read that series.

Stefan is how a modern vampire should be.
And the Tri-City wolf pack is amazing. heart  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:02 am
Dornkus
That is a clever ad.

In all honesty, the Twilight craze killed vampires for me. I'm so sick of hearing about how someone thinks "vampires" are so awesome when he or she is referring to the sparkling animal suckers from the series. I just can't take them seriously anymore.

Fortunately people don't really go crazy over the "werewolves" in the book (my sister says they're actually shape shifters), so it didn't kill lycanthropy for me. However, the threads on the World of Warcraft forum after the announcement of Worgen becoming a playable race reveals that werewolves have been killed off for many people thanks to Twilight and you apparently can't like them unless you like the series.

Aye, tehy are officially just shape shifters rather than proper lycans. But i do love the fact they're as big as bears and have a pack-mentality thing going on that's actually really well thought out.  

dragontamer363
Crew

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:46 am
lol Wow!! Buffy!!! I remember that show.
My favorite? Hm...I know I had some but i'm drawing a blank right now. >_< I like movies with vampires and warewolves. They're always so interesting. ^_^  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:49 am
Dornkus
That is a clever ad.

I couldn't agree more with you. Although I love the classics still, I hate when vampire's are automatically referred to as sparkling people.
On the other hand I did enjoy the first book but that was it. >_> She should have just made a new species rather than call them 'vampires'.  

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

xylert

450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:44 am
User Image

oh wait, wrong vampire lol

@moon

she didnt know much about vampires when writing Twilight and thought that if they were invulnerable/immortal, why was it that the sun kills them? so she thought of the "sparkly" vampires, which, to her, was a better explanation as to why vampires avoid going out in the day

though the sun killing them could be because when they turned into vampires, they developed a severe skin disease that causes them to burn up in direct sunlight. yes, i just explained it using science razz (i actually remember seeing something about a little kid who had such a skin disorder, he had the skin of an old man or something and he would pretty much burn up in direct sunlight. so he had to stay inside during recess at school, but his classmates raised money to get him a UV suit or something, not sure, this was a few years ago when i saw it)

my mom is a huge Twilight fan and while i've only seen the movies, i like it a bit, but not enough to read the books (bite me, no pun intended >.>)  
*~Purple Moonlight Haze~*

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff