Welcome to Gaia! ::

Random Gaian Charity: Hiatus =(

Back to Guilds

A really awesome chairty that helps people questing. 

Tags: Charity 

Reply Media & Literature
Joss Whedon Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

<3
  <3
View Results

Deschaine

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:12 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Questing Ain't What it Used to Be...

Any one else Joss fans?
I am rewatching the Dollhouse in anticipation of the second season. It is such a great show. Eliza Dushku is gorgeous as well.
I am a big Joss fan. I love Angel, it is probably one of my favourite series of all time. Firefly, Dr. Horrible, Buffy. They are all so brilliant and captivating.
He makes such goods characters. None are ever alike, they are unique and interesting. Jayne would be my favourite character. I am so disappointed they cut Firefly after a season.
So...
Who is your favourite Joss character?
Favourite show?

...Care to Help a Girl Out?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:13 pm
Captain Malcolm Reynolds FTW! My two favorite scenes in Firefly are across two episodes. The first is in that episode where he gets married to that con artist and Jayne corners him on the catwalk and Mal thinks he's gonna get shot. The banter between them is the best. xd
Second is in the one right after they rob the hospital and Mal has Jayne locked in the airlock. If that scene doesn't make him a badass I don't know what does.

Immortal Nobody
Vice Captain

Deschaine

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:31 pm

I love that scene too! What does Jayne name his gun... Can't remember but it is freaking awesome.
Have you seen Dr. Horrible's Sing a long Blog?
It also has Nathan Fillion and it is so funny.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:05 pm
Joss Whedon is made of win
I'm very sad that Firefly didn't last long. emo

Zoe is my fav character.  

Stop Touching My Fetus

Quotable Sex Symbol

9,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200

xBriar_Rose

Aekea Mystic

20,150 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:01 am
I love Joss Whedon! I've seen Buffy, Angel, Dr. Horrible, Dollhouse, and Firefly (in that order).

I'd have to say I like Anya the best in Buffy, Lorne and Doyle the best in Angel, Dr. Horrible in that, Tahmoh Penikett's characters in Dollhouse, and WASH!!!! in Firefly. 3nodding

I watched Firefly this summer and LOVED IT! I'm sad it ended after a season. emo

I think Firefly would have to be, overall, my favorite show, but I adore all the shows. The best scene in Firefly has to be the airlock scene, as Immortal stated. The musical episode and the silent episodes of Buffy were the best, first season of Angel was the best (because of Doyle!!!), anytime Penikett's character was in Dollhouse, and that's about it. whee

Joss Whedon is like Russel Davies, it's a love/hate relationship because they both like to kill my favorite characters.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:10 am
Deschaine

I love that scene too! What does Jayne name his gun... Can't remember but it is freaking awesome.
Have you seen Dr. Horrible's Sing a long Blog?
It also has Nathan Fillion and it is so funny.

Vera. Not sure how it's actually spelled.

"Ya know there are times I don't think you take me very seriously. I think that oughta change."
"Do ya think it's likely to?"
xD

Immortal Nobody
Vice Captain

ScottieBears MiaKitty

6,250 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Hive Mind 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:27 pm
User Image
I can't help being a gorgeous fiend.

My favorite show is Buffy. I was raised on it! But my favorite character is Lorne from Angel. He was so great and awesome and I just loved him.

It's just the card I drew.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:19 am
AHHHHH! I LOVE JOSS WHEDON! I even have a t-shirt that says 'Joss Whedon is my master now!', made because Firefly was so amazing! (creators were saying that Joss Whedon is now their sci fi guru rather than George Lucas)

I think that the reason why I adore him and his work so much is because he is a raging feminist! Buffy was ALL about being able to be powerful and feminine at the same time, and all of his female characters are just as complex as the male characters (unlike so many other action shows/movies)

My favorite character is Anya as well. One of my mules is named after her (Anyannka), and in every WoW realm I play in I make a character named Anyannka  

Marlyna

jesse quick

Swashbuckling Gekko

9,350 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Olympian 200
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 9:08 am
User Image
[ â—Ź Feels good just to walk â—Ź ]

I adore Firefly. It's probably definitely my favourite TV show ever. I was so sad it got cut and Serenity was kind of a disappointing movie because it didn't tie up anything.

Mal's my favourite character but I love how all of the crew are brilliant and unique.

I never really watched any of his other series, maybe I should.

[ â—Ź These streets of nowhere â—Ź ]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:32 pm
If this thread had been a room down a long hallway I would have fallen over myself many, many times scrambling to get here.

JOSS!!!

Love. Love. Love.

I'm a BtVS nut and while I didn't know it then
I was a Joss fan waaaaay back when Roseanne was cutting edge television.

Favorite Characters:

Anya/Anyanka
So glad to see so much love for her here!
Fred/Illyria
Drusilla
SPIKE
and
Willow

Pretty clear my favorite show is BtVS but I enjoy Angel and Dollhouse too.

I haven't seen Firefly
*is shot*

If I had to narrow down my list of reasons for loving this man.. can you say character development??

Wicked Lilith Thing

Cluttered Codger

3,550 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Informer 100
  • Brandisher 100

Rannchan
Crew

Aged Millionaire

15,775 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:45 pm
I love Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog!!! xd

I love Dr. Horrible. <3  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:11 pm
Has everyone heard.. the horror, the horror!

Whedon-less BtVS remake.

Yeah.

Joss had this to say..

Quote:

Kristin, I'm glad you asked for my thoughts on the announcement of Buffy the cinema film. This is a sad, sad reflection on our times, when people must feed off the carcasses of beloved stories from their youths—just because they can't think of an original idea of their own, like I did with my Avengers idea that I made up myself.

Obviously I have strong, mixed emotions about something like this. My first reaction upon hearing who was writing it was, "Whit Stillman AND Wes Anderson? This is gonna be the most sardonically adorable movie EVER." Apparently I was misinformed. Then I thought, "I'll make a mint! This is worth more than all my Toy Story residuals combined!" Apparently I am seldom informed of anything. And possibly a little slow. But seriously, are vampires even popular any more?

I always hoped that Buffy would live on even after my death. But, you know, AFTER. I don't love the idea of my creation in other hands, but I'm also well aware that many more hands than mine went into making that show what it was. And there is no legal grounds for doing anything other than sighing audibly. I can't wish people who are passionate about my little myth ill. I can, however, take this time to announce that I'm making a Batman movie. Because there's a franchise that truly needs updating. So look for The Dark Knight Rises Way Earlier Than That Other One And Also More Cheaply And In Toronto, rebooting into a theater near you.

Leave me to my pain! Sincerely, Joss Whedon.

Read more: http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/watch_with_kristin/b212644_joss_whedon_reacts_buffy_movie_news_i.html#ixzz16MzmkggX

Wicked Lilith Thing

Cluttered Codger

3,550 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Informer 100
  • Brandisher 100

Cires

Eloquent Enabler

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:15 am
Joss = my Hero <3
I've seen Buffy, Angel, Firefly, Dr. Horrible, Dollhouse.

Dr. Horrible is by far my favorite!! It is short, poignant, full of awesome, AND it has a musical commentary 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:09 pm
Sup all?
I love Buffy & Firefly. Whedon also helped out in making Alien: Ressurection, the 4th Alien movie & that's cool. whee

So I heard they're picking up Firefly again with all the same actors!
Also, on facebook I saw a petition against WB making a Buffy movie without Whedon!! eek  

.tangerine.tears.

Immortal Nobody
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:14 pm
User Image
User Image
That'd be cool, if they brought back Firefly. Dunno if it's true, though. Although the Science Channel has been airing the episodes lately.  
Media & Literature

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff