Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)
Learning disability vs being a solitary pagan advice plze

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shorana-iceheart

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:45 am
I have a issue I have never had any friends who are true pagans , and every time i try to network on the web i get sidetracked cause i am worried on how to act in that situation . I have a learning disability but i look normal to every body else , I am very shy in real life but when it comes down to writing what to say on paper or computer i get tongue tied .

what i want to say is that , I really want to learn to be pagan but i have no idea where to start due to little contact with the magical community .

so if anyone has some advice for me it will be greatly appreciated ty  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:55 am
Having a learning disability shouldn't make it impossible to study alone.

You may have better luck looking in a learning disability community to find ways of managing your own disability, rather than to the Pagan community specifically.

There may even be communities of Pagans with learning disabilities - but as I am not such a pagan, I don't know any specifically.

But I would imagine that there are tips, techniques, and coping mechanisms out there that will help any kind of learning-disabled student on any subject matter - and they can be applied while studying Paganism.  

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

Orchidsandfractals

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:44 pm
Think about how you learn best in school. If you have problems with reading and writing, try to find someone who can explain things verbally(As it sounds). Don't worry about how others will think of you on the internet! As long as you aren't a total jerk(And by this I mean openly racist sexist crazed people.), you'll be fine. Maybe try handwriting out what you want to say, and then typing it up? If you have a problem with learning anything(Lower IQ and such), I'm sure you can still be pagan, it's just you may want to talk to a special education teacher. If you have a disablity like Autism, socializing might be tough, but you can always be a solitary pagan. You found this site on Gaia, I'm sure you can find pagan stores/groups in your area, to ask in person!  
*~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games