Welcome to Gaia! ::

~*The Surreal Sanctuary*~

Back to Guilds

This guild is a safe haven for the literate of Gaia. It is a hang-out where otakus, writers, readers, artists, and musicians can have fun. 

Tags: anime, roleplay, writer, books, gold 

Reply .::The Surreal Sanctuary::.
The Surreal Guardian News post Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What do you think would be best for a damage generator?
  Keep what you had: an attack die and defence die
  Have each weapon have a damage counter and use the RNG to create damage!
  I have another idea*Post it in this thread*
View Results

Hellfire Champion
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:47 am
Hey, everyone, Hellfire Champion, your renegade Guild Crewman, at your service!

And to help fulfil that service, I have decided to prove to the world that I have NO LIFE. How am I to perform such a feat?

Why, making a very freakin' awesome RPG of course!!

I give you: the Surreal Guardian RPG, and RPG with a fighting system unlike any other known on Gaia!(I hope anyway...)

This is truly a deep, well crafted game, and I'm not just tooting my own horn! But enough with the meaninglyess banter, How about I tell you just what you can do!!

You can create a party of 3 characters. Choose their classes, buy equipment from them(With currency earned in the game, no need to shell ot anything from your own pocket!) and customize your character with skills unique to each class! Your classes can range from a sword wielding warrioer, a dedicated healer, or a powerful mage!

And that's only the BORING PARTS!!! Get this: what you do around the Surreal Sanctuary Guild actually has a drastic effect on your characters! Win contests, participate in RPs, write smal stories, and get a small group together on zOMG, and you WILL win prizes, like equipment, magic and others!! This system makes this the most personal, deeply customizable RPG on Gaia!

I highly... HIGHLY reccomed you play. Yes, I understand that the instruction manuel is a sorta long read. But just trust me, once you start playing, it will all make perfect sense!

Now, since this game is still in Open Beta mode, only the bare bones will be available to you. Here is a list of what you CAN do right now:

-Create your party(And send the profiles to me via PM)
-Battle other players
-Shop for equipment
-Accept missions
-Win special equipment.

Now, here is what I plan to release on the final version:

-More Runestones(Powerful artifacts that serve multiple purposes)
-Artifact Powers
-Mystic Drives(Devastating attacks that will make you all the more powerful!)
-Summoning
-More classes(This one is a maybe...)
-Party Relationships(The more you fight alonside another player, the deeper your bond grows, allowing stat bonus or even special attacks!)
-More contests
-Weapon Augments(Like the weapon you have, but don't want to give it up? Attach an augment, and add a cool effect!
-And I can add more stuff! So check back often!!!

Okay, feel free to use this post to discuss the game. Ask me any questions, offer any suggestions, or just tell me how you like it! I love feedback!

Oh, and don't bother telling me I don't have a life. I already know that, and will actually take it as a compliment!

Okay, from now on, I'll have a Version number on this thread. With each new addition, that number changes. The higher the change, the bigger the addition.

Okay! GO!  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:31 pm
I'm so sorry, everyone! Unknown to me, the subforum was actually closed when I opened the game! And, being just Crew, I couldn't unlock it! But I got Otulissa to unlock it, and so now you can join!!!

I'M SORRY! BUT IT'S OPEN NOW FOR REAL!!  

Hellfire Champion
Crew

Hellfire Champion
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:44 pm
Since I spoke to you all last, I have made the the following improvements:

-A more detailed description of the battle system
-Expert Classes and a brief description of each.
-Given all players the ability to swap weapons in midbattle.
-Added more magic power to the Sol/Luna skill tree.
-Created a FAQ thread. So now I can answer all your questions.

I promise to add more functions with each version update, but since I've recieved no profiles, then I'm just... not really motivated to do it! As more and more people join, I PROMISE I'LL ADD SO MUCH FUNCTIONALITY TO THE GAME, YOU'LL BE DROOLING!

And again, before you recieve any special award or win a contest in the guild, PLEASE make a profile, for in-game rewards won't be given to anyone without profiles, and ocne you miss the chance, it's gone for good!  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:14 pm
Great job with everything~! biggrin  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

Hellfire Champion
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:33 am
Ha! And I'm not even CLOSE to finishing yet! There are still many more things I want to impliment!

But you know what would relly speed things along? MEMBERS!

Come on, guys, send me profiles! If you have any questions on what you fill out, then just post the question in the FAQ thread! Or PM questions to me! Trust me! Once you get started, you'll be addicted, I promise!  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:19 am
I'm really sorry, but I don't want to join until after November; I am participating in NaNoWriMo this year...so I really will not have any free time in November; anytime I'm not at school/doing homework/doing necessary things for life, I will be writing.  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

Hellfire Champion
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:27 am
That was more of a general message to everyone in the guild, but yeah, I get you. Thanks for telling me.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:33 am
I will make a guild announcement, and copy/paste some of what you said here.  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

Hellfire Champion
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:46 am
That was an awesome announcement! Thanks SO MUCH!!  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:01 pm
What are the character skeletons? And would you be able to PM me the link once its finished?  

RaptarJesus

5,650 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250

Hellfire Champion
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:47 pm
Click the Surreal Guardian subforum at the bottom of the subforum list: Read the manuel, and it will provide you with everything you need. Look at the roster to see my characters as an example.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:57 pm
It looks... Interesting. I think I may join.  

rioliogio

flyingsilverwolf12

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:05 pm
I'm sorry I cannot join, one I still got to take care of my sister, who is doing well after her surgury and two, people are taking role play too far anymore I lsot three friends over role play cause they got to absorbed in it, so I'm cutting back on ym rping unless one on one or with good friends who i know won't take it too far and cost me friends. Sorry everyone, but role play isn't fun anymore people have turned it into soemthing stupid anymore and made it just plain dull with all the rules, I role play to get out of the real world not be surronded by rules constantly, sadly imvu is the only place i found role play people don't take too far even if msot of them only one line, but I'd rathe rone line than lose anymore friends. Tomorrow I am leaving this guild, i'm sorry.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:12 pm
I'm glad your sisters doing well.

However, I think that was a little... too harsh. This is a game, not a traditional RP like what you see on Gaia. I'm sorry about your friends, but I don't think that justifies you bashing all RP just because they want to play a little differently.

Don't tell me you've never played baseball. Or basketball, or any game of the sort. They've got rules. Yet people love it. I'm merely trying to do the same here. But instead of baseball, it's an RPG.  

Hellfire Champion
Crew

flyingsilverwolf12

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:31 pm
'm not bashing your game, jsut bashing what some role play has turned into. Your game is a great idea, I'm just stating why i am quiting role play for a while. Beside I wasn't talking just role play on Gaia, yahoo and other places have taken things too far that right now I can't deal with any form of diffcult role play, as I myself am a para rper expert on yahoo. Rp in genral has turned bad lately, not all just most. so i'm taking a temprary break from it, your game is excellant idea, the rules I was talking about is how strict people take role play.  
.::The Surreal Sanctuary::.

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff