Which is more ______?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Daearen

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:21 pm

a. Which is wiser? a pen or a pencil?
A pen is wiser than a pencil because its mistakes can never be erased so he is doomed to reflect on them and performs his best in the future. A pencil is deceiving for it hides all its mistakes and will never go about its life cautiously until he realizes his eraser is all used up.

b. Which is easier to forgive? a street or a sidewalk?
You might still be alive if you trip on a sidewalk but a street is less forgiving if you end up being killed.

c. Which is smarter? a clock or a calendar?
A clock is simple minded for it can only think of the present. A calendar can think of the past present and future.

d. Which is easier to teach? a question or an answer?
It is much easier to teach a question for answers only lead to more questions.

e. Which is more fearful? new or old?
The old is safe, it is still and will never change. The new is changing every second you will never know what will come up and hit you in the face.

f. Which is like a promise? mathematics or science?
Numbers are will always, always, always be correct no matter what. Science is less reliable since it is always changing and coming up with new ideas.

g. Which is more difficult? a dream or a nightmare?
A dream is more difficult because when it is over you want to go back and relive it again, or it is unfinished and you want to know the ending. A nightmare is less difficult because you only have to go through it for a little while and once its over, its over, you are not left in nostalgia over it.

h. Which is braver? an hour or a year?
A year has to endure, live, and grieve much more than an hour ever will for it is much braver.

i. Which has more pride? an entrance or an exit?
An exit is an escape, the proud will endure what ever was in the entrance.

j. Which is more suspenseful? rain or snow?
Snow is more suspenseful than rain. More bad comes from it than good, frozen pipes, car accidents. Rain is a necessity for life. It is calming an peaceful.

k. Which is more trustworthy? history or literature?
Literature is much more trustworthy. It cannot lie for there is no truth in it. Now history is always fickle, there are big gaps of unknown. There are both truth and lies in history.

l. Which is more useful? a friend or an enemy?
A friend will always be there to love and comfort you, to motivate you. I cannot think of a use for an enemy other than to compete with.

m. Which is sadder? seek or find?
It is sadder to seek, when you are seeking something you are always filled with disappointment when you look somewhere are you don’t find what you are looking for. You are filled with joy and accomplishment when you find something.

n. Which costs more? a home or a house?
A house cost more. A home is where your family is, wherever or whoever (relative or not) they are.

o. Which is happier? music or art?
When I think of “good” art it is always sad and gloomy. Music can be sad at times, but I think it can bring joy even to the saddest person.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:00 pm
lCobaltl
n. Which costs more? a home or a house?
A house cost more. A home is where your family is, wherever or whoever (relative or not) they are.

I don't know, with the recent housing slump they may be at a more competitive price.

xp I don't know what I'm talking about..also!

lCobaltl
a. Which is wiser? a pen or a pencil?

Photoshop beats them all. you can make a bunch of mistakes and always learn from them without loosing all your hard work! Undo for the win! And Undo as the eraser of all erasers! heart  

Garek Maxwell

Jungle Boots

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:28 pm
Quote:
f. Which is like a promise? mathematics or science?
Numbers are will always, always, always be correct no matter what. Science is less reliable since it is always changing and coming up with new ideas.

numbers are just a human language, the concept of numbers, of counting, of math is only a perception of what reality really is, and in fact numbers and math are only capable of rendering that reality as far is their language's bounds allow. between 1 and 2 is infinity. numbers are a false representation of measurement as you cannot make a finite language of a reality that is infinite.

always always always correct? no... perceived to be always correct.

then again we are far more conscious of the inadequacies of scientific knowledge than we are of math. and perhaps those inadequacies are far more conscious in us because the inadequacies in science is more consequential to our knowledge than our ability to conceive infinity.

so then... perhaps math is still more like a promise in that a promise may fill us with hope and certainty but eventually it very well may be broken.  
Adult Furries Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games