Welcome to Gaia! ::

The 'Read only manga' guild: Open to all who love manga!

Back to Guilds

The Best manga guild...ever. 

Tags: Manga 

Reply The 'Read only manga' guild.
Recommend a manga series! Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Darks sister
Captain

O.G. Demigod

13,325 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:30 pm
This thread is for...you guessed it, recommending manga series'! Just post a little description of each one you recommend like; the age rating, a summary of the story and other little details. Have fun! whee

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 3:46 pm
X/1999 thats a really good series!!!! I weould recommend that one to anyone... even tho its not all the way completed it is still really good!!! If you like CLAMPs work heres one that i think you might like the best!!! Mostly if you like violence (hint angel)  

heerobaby1

Darks sister
Captain

O.G. Demigod

13,325 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 4:09 pm
heerobaby1
X/1999 thats a really good series!!!! I weould recommend that one to anyone... even tho its not all the way completed it is still really good!!! If you like CLAMPs work heres one that i think you might like the best!!! Mostly if you like violence (hint angel)
Awwww man! I love that series! You might wanna make a more detailed summary next time though. sweatdrop Like include the age rating. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 4:11 pm
Darks_sister
heerobaby1
Awwww man! I love that series! You might wanna make a more detailed summary next time though. sweatdrop Like include the age rating. 3nodding
Its OT!!! There happy!! (its because i couldn't remember)  

heerobaby1

Darks sister
Captain

O.G. Demigod

13,325 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 4:15 pm
heerobaby1
Darks_sister
heerobaby1
That's better! xd  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 4:16 pm
Darks_sister
heerobaby1
Darks_sister
heerobaby1
That's better! xd
ok!! next time i should just copy & paste.. it might be easier xd  

heerobaby1

Darks sister
Captain

O.G. Demigod

13,325 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 4:18 pm
heerobaby1
Darks_sister
heerobaby1
Darks_sister
heerobaby1
That's better! xd
ok!! next time i should just copy & paste.. it might be easier xd
3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 11:38 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  

natsu-nat

Dark_angel_dragon

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 11:50 pm
Hmmmm...i'll have to check that one out someday. whee  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 7:59 am
^^ its nice~ so its worth checking out! ^^  

natsu-nat

chimonster3
Crew

950 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 12:44 pm
I reccomend Chobits! Anyone who knows me will probably know that i'm obsessed with it...*hint: My name!!!* But I have good reason!

Chobits
Rating: OT
Category: Sci-fi/Romance

It's about a poor 19 year old boy living in Tokyo trying to get into the university but nothing seems to be going right, until one day he finds a persocom in the trash. A persocom is a robot that are not uncommon in his day and age but are extremely expensive and very useful. He can't believe his luck and takes the persocom home but finds that this persocom differs greatly from the others...his persocom seems to have the ability to learn and feel.

Woohoo!!! Check out Chobits!!!! I really reccomend it!! It's soo adorable and Chi is the cutest little thing ever!!!!  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 1:07 pm
For you folks that like to be a part of fresh off the press manga titles, here are a few I got into that I know you'll find darling. ^^

Princess Ai
Genre: Fantasy, Romance

[Taken from the introduction on the Tokyopop site]

Ai is the only royal princess of Ai-Land, a magical kingdom caught in the midst of a horrific revolution. When Princess Ai makes a hasty escape from her war-torn land, she finds herself in modern-day Tokyo. Confused and in shock, Ai wanders the streets in this strange new land to unravel the secrets that could tear her and her kingdom apart ... The first volume of Princess Ai is a journey to the heights of fame and fortune found in this world and beyond!

If you want a personal manga preview, CLICK HERE

I LUV HALLOWEEN
Genre: Comedy, Horror
Ages: 16 and up

Halloween has always been and always will be about one thing ... getting the best CANDY. And, some fiendish friends excel at tricks if they don't get the right treats. When these gremlins receive a frickin' apple at their first house of the night, they plan deadly revenge on the offending fruit-favoring old-timer. Join the misadventures of a group of particularly disturbing trick-or-treaters as they go about their macabre business on Halloween night.

Each volume of I LUV HALLOWEEN will focus on a full night of Halloween, from devilish beginning to untimely end.

Shutterbox
Genre: Fantasy, Romance
Ages: 13 and up

Where is this place that photography student, Megan Amano travels to when she dreams? The inhabitants call it Merridiah University. They tell her that ambitious spirits attend the University to be educated before they are reborn ... and that since she is still alive, Megan is an exchange student. But why Megan? Does it have something to do with the mysterious young man she saw walk into the ocean? She feels a strange connection with him, a desperate need to speak with him ... is he here, at the University? And if Megan is an exchange student in this shadowy afterlife, who or what takes her place in the living world when she is asleep?

These are just a few of the questions plaguing Megan as she attends college in Santa Monica, California by day ... and Merridiah University by night. Here, spirits train to be muses to aid and assist humans in the living world. For a girl such as Megan, who once thought she'd live a boring life with no purpose, the idea of being a living muse is nearly beyond belief ... and yet what is this promise of finding her soul mate all about? Can such a person exist for her?

Perhaps the drowned young man, Adrien Crandall, and his cold-hearted brother have all the answers for her ... or maybe the cycle of unanswered questions will remain as such forever. Eternal questions. Nothing more. However, the mystery behind the great gothic castle that is Merridiah University begins to unravel for Megan the night she peers through the shutter of her camera lens, opening a mystery inside a mystery, inside a mystery, inside a mystery ...

Irmatu

Beloved Dabbler

Xellina-chan

Familiar Flatterer

5,700 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:57 pm
I recomend Kodocha. It's rated T (for teen). It's a comedy set in japan about 2 elementary/jr. high kids. If any of you have read anything from Miho Obana then you know her sense of humor is a little off the wall, esp. for a shojo manga. Trust me, you'll love it.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:31 am
I'd reccomend Death Note. It's a good series with plenty of suspense and a very good plot. It also has amazing good artwork in it. It's mainly about a College student named Raito who finds a notebook that allows him to kill anyone whose name he writes in it. This leads him on a crusade to cleanse the world of evil, but also leads him to lose himself. A good story so I'd highly recommend it.  

Akuki

Xellina-chan

Familiar Flatterer

5,700 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:25 pm
I guess this is still on topic: A manga I would NOT recomend. I started buying Kare-Kano books a little while back and it moves wayyy too slowly. Save your money and read it in the store. Re-reading it doesn't bring any deep realizations or fun observations. And it's long!  
The 'Read only manga' guild.

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff