Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)
In need of a new sister of faith.... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Goddess Aidos

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:41 pm
hello everyone, i have lost someone very dear to me, she was the only other wiccan i knew...and she is now gone...i am now looking for a new sister...

Someone who can:

. be there for me
. love me for me
. envoke the spirit with me
. connect with me
. relate to me
. help me in hard times
. cast a circle with me
. even long distance sister
. a bond that is strong

someone i can:
. relate to
. help in hard times
. be there for
. pray for
. ask the goddess to gift/ watch over
. connect with
. sisterly love
. bond with
. have a unbreakable relationship with.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:43 pm
if your interested, you may just say so on here. we can discuss things on here. or if you have any questions, or would like to get to know me...just ...use this as our connection..

Blessed Be!!

Goddess Aidos

Lilith Marie Raventhorne

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:44 pm
I would love to be your wiccan sister and a dear bestfriend!

~Goddess Blessings!~  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:47 pm
thank you my dear!! i knew there would be someone to answer, i just didn't know it be this soon. Thank you so much..and i'm open for more then one as well. It's always good to be sorrounded by close friends, and some close enought to be called my sister in faith.

Blessed Be!!

Goddess Aidos

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:59 pm
I really don't want to burst your bubbles here, ladies...

Neither of you are Wiccans, factually speaking. I'm all for you being sisters in witchcraft, sisters in paganism - whatever makes you happy - but I'm politely asking you not to appropriate a title neither of you may rightfully claim for your own use.

I would also ask that you refrain from using 'Blessed Be' as a casual greeting, as this removes it from its' proper context.

"Blessed Be" is a ritual statement that carries with it a specific intent - it's like using liturgical phrases in common conversation. So if you wouldn't say something like "In the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit" when you say goodbye to someone...you shouldn't use "Blessed Be" in that manner, either.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm
Don't either of you feel that it's kind of....unsafe to fish for a sister in faith this way? Have you, BrItTaNy, ever spoken to Galaxia before? How can you be sure that she will follow through with what you are looking for in a SoF? Would there be any reprimanding if she does not provide what you are looking for? Worse yet, what if she wants to use this kind of bond for woe?

And for Galaxia, if you've never spoken before to BrItTaNy before, how can you know if you can aptly fill this role that she requires? How do you know how well she defines her criteria? How do you really know if this is a person you want to bond yourself with in faith?

And I have to agree with what Morg said.
Besides, if the OP was actually Wiccan, she'd have a coven to help ease her pain/grief and strengthen bonds with as well neutral  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

Chrysanthemum Trifecta

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:26 pm
Not everyone has a coven. Some people are Solitary Wiccans(I do believe this is the term I'm looking for). I may not know much about wicca and paganism yet but I do know that you don't have to be part of a coven to be considered wiccan.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:29 pm
Darkend Shadow Angel
Not everyone has a coven. Some people are Solitary Wiccans(I do believe this is the term I'm looking for). I may not know much about wicca and paganism yet but I do know that you don't have to be part of a coven to be considered wiccan.

No such thing as a "Solitary Wiccan". You have to have a lineaged coven to be a Wiccan.

Namikikyo

Chrysanthemum Trifecta

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:35 pm
Can you point me to a spot that says you have to be in a coven to be considered a wiccan?  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:42 pm
Darkend Shadow Angel
Can you point me to a spot that says you have to be in a coven to be considered a wiccan?

Gerald Gardner, The creator of the religion.

:/

Namikikyo

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:54 pm
Darkend Shadow Angel

Unfortunetely, this is not the case. Wicca was never designed to be a path for a solitary - its' rites and practices are meant for a group, and to attempt to perform them differently changes them sufficiently that they are no longer Wiccan rites.

Wicca is defined by its' proper practice. That practice is something you can't even begin to learn without becoming a member of a lineaged coven - it isn't available anywhere else.

Many people, unfortunetely, have decided they don't want to put the time and effort into finding Wicca and earning its' knowledge properly - so they call any old neo-pagan witchcraft Wicca. This is not only misleading, it's misappropriation.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:56 pm
Darkend Shadow Angel

Actually, the founder of the faith does say that one needs to be in a coven by virtue that the rituals of Wicca do not work unless one is in a coven environment.
The only time a Wiccan is "solitary" is when s/he is unable to meet with his/her coven. Even then, his/her rituals are Wiccan-flavored and not properly, fully Wiccan.  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

Chrysanthemum Trifecta

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:02 pm
Yes, I understand that he is 'the father of Wicca' but he is not the creator.
Sorry, The books that I've read have mainly been on 'solitary Wicca' I didn't realize that Wicca wasn't meant to be a solitary practice. Thankyou for making that clearer for me Morgandria.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:03 pm
I in a coven, its a beginner coven or wiccan study group, it me my bestfriend and my boyfriend. What people don't think about is that the very first Wiccan had to be a Solitary, cause there were no others around untill it began to spread.  

Lilith Marie Raventhorne

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:16 pm
GS Sailor Chibi Galaxia
I in a coven, its a beginner coven or wiccan study group, it me my bestfriend and my boyfriend. What people don't think about is that the very first Wiccan had to be a Solitary, cause there were no others around untill it began to spread.

So who is the teacher/authority in that beginner coven? Why would you want to be led by someone who knows what you do, if not less? Doesn't seem particularly helpful.

IIRC, Gardner was initiated by the Gods; the creation of Wicca received by divine revelation. The precepts of which included practicing in the correct manner, which involves being initiated and practicing with a coven.  
*~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff