Reply Gaia Gun Enthusiasts
lol .22 sniper

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Desert_Fox_Rommel

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:29 pm
So I'm watching this cult horror movie "God told me to". It starts with a sniper killing a bunch of people. He uses a .22 rifle to snipe random civilians. He was at least a hundred feet up shooting people a couple hundred yards out. I know .22 can kill, but isn't the effective range only 50-75 yards? Everyone shot was a kill so he never missed, and even managed headshots.

I guess that's all I can expect from a 70's film, but seriously they should have given him something heavier.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:25 pm
I suppose it's possible, but not terribly likely.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Desert_Fox_Rommel

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:30 pm
Fresnel
I suppose it's possible, but not terribly likely.
There were some 14 targets that got shot in the torso and every one of them went down in 1 shot. I don't think a sniper can get that lucky.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:02 pm
Typical '70s movie.
Bad guys get rifles that are dead on, cops get guns with 6 shots and hit nothing but air.

Also bad guys get infinite ammo because of 'high capacity "clips"' yes, that was a quote within a quote.  

OberFeldwebel

Desert_Fox_Rommel

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:11 pm
OberFeldwebel
Typical '70s movie.
Bad guys get rifles that are dead on, cops get guns with 6 shots and hit nothing but air.

Also bad guys get infinite ammo because of 'high capacity "clips"' yes, that was a quote within a quote.
Yo dawg I herd you like quotes so we put a quote in yo quote so you can talk while you talk.

Anyway he wasn't much of a bad guy. He kills the people, the police ask him why, he says because God told him to, then he jumps to his death. The cops didn't even shoot at him. After the first half hour I realized I was paying more attention to the forums than the movie so I just closed out of it.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:51 pm
The boxes of .22 LR I've used say the effective range of the round is about a mile and a half. Or at least that the round can travel 1 1/2 miles. Not sure which.  

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:25 am
Requiem in Mortis
The boxes of .22 LR I've used say the effective range of the round is about a mile and a half. Or at least that the round can travel 1 1/2 miles. Not sure which.

not effective range, that's how far they can travel.

I think the effective range, depending on game, varies.

I can hit a tree with my .22 that's close to 1,000 yards out, but that doesn't mean it would be very effective.
Hell, I'm aiming real high, I dont even know where it's hitting I just hear the 'tack' after a few seconds.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:33 am
.223 falls into the window of '.22' in my opinion. I am very aware that they're different rounds, I'm just saying....  

OO23OO

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:15 am
OO23OO
.223 falls into the window of '.22' in my opinion. I am very aware that they're different rounds, I'm just saying....
.22 generally refers to either .22 Short or .22 LR, but I consider any round that falls in the 5-5.9mm range can be considered a .22 caliber round. Just like any round that falls between the 7-8mm range can be considered a .30 caliber. Don't quote me on it, though.  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games