Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Xbox and Playstation Gaming
My & Niaxus's Guide to ODST Firefight!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Xx_-Syrupey_-_Carpet_xX

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:39 pm

There are 4 difficulties in Firefight:
Easy
Normal
Heroic
Legendary

These are the setups:
Easy-
Wave 1: Grunts and Jackels
Wave 2: Grunts and Jackels w/ carbines or snipers
Wave 3: Same as Wave 2 but with Drones
Wave 4: Brutes and Wraiths introduced.
Wave 5: Brute Chieftains and Spec Ops Grunts introduced

Normal-
Wave 1: Grunts and Jackels
Wave 2: Grunts Jackels w/ Carbine or Sniper, and Drones
Wave 3: Wraiths and Brutes Introduced
Wave 4: Drone Major introduced
Wave 5: Brute Chieftains and Stalkers introduced

Heroic-
Wave 1: Grunts and Jackels w/ Carbines
Wave 2: Sniper and Drones introduced
Wave 3: Brutes and Wraiths introduced
Wave 4: Brute Stalkers and Spec-Ops Grunts
Wave 5: Brute Chieftains introduced

Legendary-
Wave 1: Grunts and Jackels w/ Carines and Snipers, Drones
Wave 2: Brutes and Wraiths introduced
Wave 3: Brute Stalkers and Drone major introduced
Wave 4: Brute Chieftains introduced
Wave 5: Have fun.

Theres 5 Waves in a Round, 3 Rounds in a set, 5 Sets in a Game. In the Waves, its basically an endless cycle of the same things.

TacticTakedowns by: Niaxus

Hello today im going to teach you about that annoying a** wraith sitting up on a hill or off in a corner...they are REALLY annoying heres a few ways to end their ******** miserable lives...just because theres a wraith dont waste your spartan splaser theres a sniper and plasma pistols EVERYWHERE...drive up beside wraith and jump on top (dont cling to the thing yet) and beat the turret man to death as your standing over him showing him your big odst balls....then after hes dead just so you can get the achievement stun the wraith with your pistol and kill it...or just stun the wraith and kill it from behind...SO MANY WAYS TO KILL A WRAITH that do not include wasting splaser ammo thank you and good night...plus when i said the sniper i only meant for legendary and heroic...get a buddy to take out the turret guy before rushing it...or you could just use your dam splaser and be a lazy c**t bag...your choice
Uses for the plasma pistol

Wraith killer : Freeze the wraith and bash its back up BOOM BOOM!!!

Brute crusher : one charge shot from the plasma pistol and two smacks should kill brutes but it will take more then that for the chieftains.

vehicle snatch : use the plasma pistol on an on coming chopper to stop it hop on and enjoy your spree!

Annoyance device : team getting on your nerves? being total idiots? killing themselves at ever chance they get because they think they are master chief? don't team kill them just blast em a few times with the plasma pistol while they are sniping...its annoying and fun i

AND THAT is why a completely ignored weapon that you can find ANYWHERE can be useful anything to add?

Chopper skillz!!!

Tough s**t! : Tough luck skull got you down? cant get a splatter worth a living s**t? heres a good strategy (and a well known one) when you see a tough a** squad of brutes blast a few rounds at them before splattering them they will lose their shields and let out a little monkey scream the second they do this BOOST forward and claim your splatter

Swarm me no more : the swarm of drones are REALLY annoying in fire fight a good way to take them out is to hop on one of the brute's choppers that you might have left to rot and take em out one by one within seconds the swarm is no more and you saved your ammo icon_biggrin.gif

Game of chicken : so you got your chopper...your owning a** left and right...oh but whats this theirs ANOTHER few choppers after you?...easy way to take them out is to avoid them as they pass you and turn around quick...do to brutes being horrible drivers they cant turn very well But the second you turn around go full throttle towards the other chopper shooting and when your a few feet from it boost and slam through it (yes i know EVERYONE does this but still)

cant touch this : wow look at your your running em down like a pro...but whats this...a wraith? DAM he will destroy you for sure...unless...you could charge the wraith with your chopper....try to avoid the blasts they are instant death...get close and hop off your right and use one of the many wraith killing techniques such as jump on top and beat the turret guy with your gun until he shuts the ******** up then latch and destroy among others

Lost Platoon:
This is really the only map I have a tactic for. One person should take a hog or a chopper and just run around the entire map killing things. This person is the one getting a lot of points. If more than two players, have one in the gunner seat. Now, if theres a second person, he will be in what I call 'The Campin` Spot'. The person not in a hog will have a Splazer and any other weapon of their choice. There, the enemies will come to him in small, disorganized groups. On Heroic or Legendary, get a Sniper and hide it somewhere, but use it frequently so it won't disappear. The person Campin should be the best player, because he will most likely never die and will be able to hold his own for a wave to get his buddies back. Also, if theres two wraiths, kill the gunner on the one your bud will kill, and kill the other one with a Splazer. The Campin spot is the building, of course. And they come up stairs, they won't really shoot.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:07 pm
you stole my chopper and plasma pistol tips >> AND my wraith tips ... you can expect plasma sticks to the back of the head from now on...  

Niaxus

Xx_-Syrupey_-_Carpet_xX

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:23 pm
Niaxus
you stole my chopper and plasma pistol tips >> AND my wraith tips ... you can expect plasma sticks to the back of the head from now on...

I thought I changed it back to what is was supposed to be, one sec, >>

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:59 pm
well atleast i get credit where its due...but i dont think people are going to read this since much hate is going around about odst  

Niaxus

Tron714
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:01 am
Your tactics aren't completely horrible... but people would probably rather read about more level strategies than general combat tactics. It is a good start though. I possibly might put a few of my own strategies that work prety well.

I would like to know your gamertags to play with some people. Send a friends request to Tron714 and lets tag some achievements . 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:57 am
dude thats all fire fight IS is combat XD what are you gonna do go see the sights watch the clouds pass by? NO ur gunna shoot s**t and do it in funny ways then you t bag and scream at the digital aliens  

Niaxus

Xbox and Playstation Gaming

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff