Welcome to Gaia! ::

Random Gaian Charity: Hiatus =(

Back to Guilds

A really awesome chairty that helps people questing. 

Tags: Charity 

Reply Media & Literature
Reality TV

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Deschaine

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:43 am
Does anyone else hate reality TV as much as me?
I don't even know why it is called reality TV because those situations are no where near reality.
Just to name a few that are airing currently are Momma's Boys and Beauty and the Geek.
I mean what the frick. The only thought I have when I see these kinds of shows is "how demeaning for everyone involved."
These shows aren't about two people making a connection mentally it is just lust, physical attraction. It pisses me off so bad.

So discuss your most hated reality TV shows.User Image  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:59 am
I'd rather burn than discuss these poor excuses for manure! D<  

Immortal Nobody
Vice Captain

Venombabe

Timely Muse

14,125 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:40 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

==========
A very small degree of hope

heart The only reason we have reality TV is because it seems that the networks are running out of ideas. Sad isn't it? heart

is sufficient to cause the birth of love
==========

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:41 am
i dont have it ... too badUser Image  

ii-gott-haalkkkeedd

little mintchan

Heroic Mage

17,250 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hero 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:48 am
i dont watch tv anymore....unless the news and 1000 ways to die  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:10 am
Kind of looks like the sitcom is on it's way back in.
Could be wishful thinking on my end.

Either I've gotten very good at tuning out things like that, or there doesn't seem to be as many of the so called reality programs
being promoted on the major networks. Unfortunately the new sitcoms don't have much appeal for me either.

There are precious few current television shows I enjoy and I'll soon post up threads on all of them.

Wicked Lilith Thing

Cluttered Codger

3,550 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Informer 100
  • Brandisher 100

Rannchan
Crew

Aged Millionaire

15,775 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:36 pm
Sitcoms are on their way in. Also, dramas are coming back. Reality TV started with a single guy with a single idea. There was only the one and people seemed to like it. The problem being that "Reality TV' is some of the CHEAPEST TV to make. People seem to eat it up and so they make alot of money. Even with the backlash against it now, they still make money because it's so cheap to make.

All of this became worse during the Writers Strike. I don't begrudge the writers for striking because I think that they needed to get what they got. The problem being that without the writers, we had nothing. There was re-runs and of course, the unscripted 'Reality' shows. They just keep getting more and more far-fetched because they used up all of their ideas already. The only 'Reality shows' I'm likely to watch are on the History channel. They watch more like a documentary anyway. I happen to be a fan of documentaries, which as we know, is the ORIGINAL reality show.

I'm glad that we are coming back into sitcoms and dramas but 'reality programming' is going no where. The thing that bothers me the most about them... is that most of them are just drawn out game shows with backstage drama. I LOVE game shows. If they just had a game show, I would watch it. But they focus alot more on the drama-llamas than they do the games.  
Media & Literature

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games