Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Nature Makes Us Nicer People, New Study Says

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yanueh

Shameless Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:06 pm
I know this isn't directly pagan-related, but I thought it was so cool I had to post it.

Nature Makes Us Nicer People, New Study Says  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:17 pm
interesting...  

DemoniaFairy

Aislin Artiers

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:11 pm
Very interesting indeed  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:38 am
Sounds reasonable to me, looking at nature scenes (which I have a lot of access to out here in the sticks), tends to make me feel more calm, and pleasant. You know?  

Katsumi Aki

Yanueh

Shameless Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:54 pm
Yup. Clearly, we need to engage on a wide-scale campaign to make sure pictures of nature are displayed where people can see them. whee  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:53 pm
I think there should be more natural areas in big cities, so people have that chance to calm down and recharge.  

too2sweet
Captain

Tipsy Fairy

Arcaniss Vivian

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:16 pm
I think that draawing landscapes helps calm down. I draw my best pictures when I'm upset and I draw it out. It gives my landscapes more emotion. smile Plus who does'nt love tree covered mountains with drops of lake here and there?  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:58 pm
In the nurses office back in middle school, there was this picture of a forest with a couple of deer drinking from a clear pool of water. Almost every time I went in there feeling sick, that picture seemed to make me feel better.  

Emerald_Angel28

Teh Bloody Princess

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:09 am
Set a seal upon my heart...

Makes sense...
Every time I come back from a long hike I'm calmer and nicer. More intune I suppose you cold say.

...love is as strong as death.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:48 am
Hmmmm that actually makes sence in some ways.
I am sure it's not this way for everyone, but when I come back from a good camping session, I alwaus feel more relaxed and calmed.

GoddessAttuned

Mind-boggling Fatcat

Orchidsandfractals

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:26 pm
To be honest, I'm not a huge fan of nature. It's cold. I do like spring/summer, but I live in New England, and well, it's cold. And then I get sunburns easily. My doctors have honestly told me to live in the artic Circle if I don't want to get skin cancer due my ancestry. I am very pasty, and have very light hair and eyes naturally, so I'm a rare case. And then, I just don't like the cold. I do still practice violin outdoors occasionally, garden and go for walks, but it's still not fun after the fact.

Other than the severe pain I can have from blisters and such from the sunlight if I didn't put on a high enough SPF, and such, I do enjoy being in nature. It's calming till the ill effects kick in. I feel nicer for a few minutes, and then I'm just in pain till my skin calms down.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:13 pm
i would have too agree, the days that i spend working out side, im less depressed and more open to talk with people
- bambi heart  

hcoburn

Raissa Firehawk

Familiar Gaian

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:08 pm
I agree. When we're more conscious of our surroundings, namely nature...we're nicer to everyone in general. I guess that could be related to Buddhists, who are very mindful of everything.  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games