Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Sims 2 Guild

Back to Guilds

Great place to share/show your creations and meet other TS2 fans! 

Tags: Sims2, Simulation, Maxis, Electronic Arts, Social Bunny 

Reply Main Forum
Put Away/Have Leftovers WITHOUT EPs!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jessie-the-Foodie

9,700 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:45 pm
Hey everyone, though most of you would probably be able to figure this out, or maybe have already, I just wanted to share and perhaps discuss a trick to put away and have leftovers without the needed expansion pack to do so. I don't have that pack, and don't know for sure which it is, so without this trick, I wouldn't be able to do it.

You might need nightlife or something. I don't know if the base games for The Sims 2 has inventories for sims, but you'll need an inventory for your sims. I have Double Deluxe, so you might need that or nightlife or something, but at least you won't need the other EPs. Anyway, let me know if you know if sims have inventories on the base game, please and thank you.

Anyway, what I do is I click on the sim, click on their inventory, grab the food (normally I serve meals, have my sims eat and do this after they've had their fill and there's some left, or if I want to make a meal to serve it at the right time, such as for a headmaster visit, don't serve it, but just make it, but you can just have them make a meal, eat half if it, and then put the rest away (I THINK...dunno for sure, but I don't see why it can't be done). So anyway, what I do is I move the food into the inventory, and then maybe a few days later, take out the leftovers to eat the leftovers. I guess you can do this if you just want to eat leftovers, have food left over and don't have much time to make a meal, or if you want your sim families to have a schedualed 'leftover night' or 'leftover day', or if you want to save them until your fridge runs out of food, for backup supplies. Anyway, I've only kept them for a few days in the inventory, but I have a feeling they'll last as long as you need them. Let me know if I'm wrong though.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:04 am
when my sims were in uni, they were in a greek house. they randomly went off lot and brought back pizzas. before they put it down, i grabbed the pizza box and put it in their inventories. the pizzas stayed forever mrgreen  

RebelGh0stZer0

Snarky Survivor

20,390 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Citizen 0

Jessie-the-Foodie

9,700 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:38 pm
They could randomly bring back pizzas? XD.

I like the putting food in the inventory for leftovers, but I'd really like to see/be able to use the put away leftover options that that one EP has.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:51 am
That's so clever, I've never thought about doing that. Even though I do have the option to put leftovers away, I think I might do that from now on, so my sim doesn't have to spend time walking over to the food and putting it in the fridge. heart  

Celestial Fireflies

Witty Autobiographer

Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces