Fallout 3 Finale gripe

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Haratio TaFotter
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:20 am
Okay, so recently, my XBox died, and since its untimely demise about a week ago, I have spent most of my time daydreaming through lectures on sedimentary rock about my games. It was in that time that I thought about the last time I played Fallout 3.

Okay, so when I beat broken Steel I went with the evil option and blew up the Citadel. Natrually it seemed to me that the Enclave, the natural enemies of the Brotherhood, would accept me for such a feat, despite the things I had done. Yet I began to find out that now both of them hated me.

It doesn't really add up: I mean I helped the Brotherhood forever and ever, and when I blew up their bases, they hated me all of a sudden. On the other side of that coin, I did some terrible stuff to the Enclave, and when I blew up their enemy's base, they still hated me.

Does anyone else agree or disagree? Your thoughts?  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:52 am
well,if you punched me in the face with your friend then blew up his house i'd probably just be laughing too much to do anything.  

Herr Kaiser

Aged Codger

mmmmmtoast
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:11 pm
Well, Its hard to explain it but, From both point of views I would hate you too.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:13 pm
looks like your on your own now. neutral  

Herr Kaiser

Aged Codger

mmmmmtoast
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:22 pm
Here's one thing I can explain: Its a game.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:44 pm
Mournful Maniac

Yes, I understand that, but if they can make it so that Ghouls won't attack you (and for some reason I always run into more ghouls than I do Enclave anymore) then it seems like it would have been fairly easy for them to program it so that if you Blew up the Citadel, the Enclave wouldn't attack you. It just seems kinda lazy......

And scurr, I have always been alone in that game. I mean it seems like every time I try to get someone to help me in that game, they wind up dead or just wind up screwing me over.  

Haratio TaFotter
Crew

Herr Kaiser

Aged Codger

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:49 pm
i had fawkes and charron but after i did the waters of life they ended up ontop of the rotunda. confused  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:12 pm
Haratio TaFotter
Mournful Maniac

Yes, I understand that, but if they can make it so that Ghouls won't attack you (and for some reason I always run into more ghouls than I do Enclave anymore) then it seems like it would have been fairly easy for them to program it so that if you Blew up the Citadel, the Enclave wouldn't attack you. It just seems kinda lazy......

And scurr, I have always been alone in that game. I mean it seems like every time I try to get someone to help me in that game, they wind up dead or just wind up screwing me over.

I tend to agree. You'd think the Enclave would be a bit more grateful that you blew up their number one enemy. It does seem very lazy when you think about it.  

FireKunai

Roane Farhall

Distinct Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:12 pm
Haratio TaFotter

The Outcasts will except you!

Well... As a friend... If you bring them tech... With both the technology toting giants against you, though, I guess you would have all sorts of things to bring in to Casdin, though. I am sure they love you. Even though they still make fun of you.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:36 pm
FireKunai
Haratio TaFotter
Mournful Maniac

I tend to agree. You'd think the Enclave would be a bit more grateful that you blew up their number one enemy. It does seem very lazy when you think about it.

Yeah thats all true. Now that I think about it, A new Fallout should give you the option to side with the Enclave or Brotherhood. I mean really, Even if you radiate the water purifier the Brotherhood still trusts you and asks you to go on extremely important and dangerous missions for them to stop the Enclave.  

mmmmmtoast
Crew

Haratio TaFotter
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:16 am
Roane Farhall
Haratio TaFotter

Well... As a friend... If you bring them tech... With both the technology toting giants against you, though, I guess you would have all sorts of things to bring in to Casdin, though. I am sure they love you. Even though they still make fun of you.

Yeah I know about Casdin. I can't fast travel to him anymore because it seems every time I do, something really strong spawns in the fenced in area where he's standing and kills him before I can do anything. Frankly, those guys are my meal ticket (I have some 500 stimpacks and some 12000 assault rifle rounds because of Casdin).  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:18 am
Well, you still blew up their s**t as well. If you take my candy and then my enemies candy, I'm still out of god damn candy, so ******** you! wink  

Brabouch

Roane Farhall

Distinct Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:28 pm
Haratio TaFotter
Roane Farhall
Haratio TaFotter

Yeah I know about Casdin. I can't fast travel to him anymore because it seems every time I do, something really strong spawns in the fenced in area where he's standing and kills him before I can do anything. Frankly, those guys are my meal ticket (I have some 500 stimpacks and some 12000 assault rifle rounds because of Casdin).

I generally get around that by spawning in the raider town right by them. Every once in a while an albino radscorpion rushes him, but most of the time nothing spawns.

Also: I have both Butch and Charon sitting there next to him in full Hellfire armor and minigun outfits waiting for me to ask them to follow me again, so almost anything that spawns there gets mowed down pretty quickly.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:08 pm
lol, i would pretty much despise you if you did all that too me.  

Dona Amora de Crema

Shy Gawker

8,650 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Consumer 100

johnny blackk
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:57 pm
After doing everything, including playing the DLC's I have found being evil to be way to fun in that game. I destroyed the Citidel and the Enclave's bases with mini nukes just for the fun of it. But with a evil character finding help is a pain. Dogmeat dies to easily, Charon dies to fast too same with the guy from Megaton, the only good fallowing character is Fawks. He can take loads of dammage, but you have to be good to collect him.  
Fallout 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games