Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Tianxia Lands [IC]
[PRP - North] For want of a nail.. (Sheng & Yin Xián)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Neon Fly

Tipsy Hellraiser

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:15 pm
User ImageFor want of a nail the shoe was lost.
For want of a shoe the horse was lost.
For want of a horse the rider was lost.
For want of a rider the battle was lost.
For want of a battle the kingdom was lost.
All for want of a horseshoe nail.

Yin could still hear the windbag old lion's voice, aged and creaky as it was, reciting the human proverb. Long after the lesson had come to a close the words still rang soundly in the back of her mind, unlike other cubs who seemed able to dismiss the teachings once the session was over. For some reason the concept puzzled her. She didn't understand its meaning, granted that she also didn't understand half of what was being said, but there seemed to be sage wisdom in the eclectic message, if she could only figure it out. Maybe her siblings and the others weren't so haunted by the message because they already understood its meaning? Yin wasn't exactly known for her prowess in anything related to the North House's teachings. Sometimes she felt as though she had been born to the wrong family.

It was a depressing thought, platinum ears drooping as she edged to the outskirts of the playground where the nannies told stories and the adult playmates tagged about like overgrown cubs to entertain them. Moonlight white cub wasn't much in the mood to interact, her thoughts distracted as she slipped out of sight around a corner and began to todder off. She knew she shouldn't be wandering around on her own, but the noise of play was far too distracting for her taste this afternoon. Gazing at a grasshopper in the distance, slender tail lashed with unexpected interest, creeping after it as she mumbled to herself. For want of a grasshopper...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:11 pm
Sheng sagged a bit as he sat before the waterfall. The last stop of his patrol was the one that made him stay still for a while and the only one that distracted his attention should he linger. The roaring falls boomed beside him as mist of delicate moisture wafted around the river's flow. Rocks littered the bottom of the waterfall and behind it, the emergency hideaway for House members who could not escape an attack. He had to make sure it was safe and not rogue was hiding out in there. This was his House. This was his home. No rogue was welcomed without his knowledge. Still, what caught his attention was the waterfall. So strong and powerful, cutting away at the cliff's edge into a dip to let it fall freely. Its strength crushed rock and earth and then it becomes as smooth and calm as the river that flowed in front of the Zhi Ming. Something about this place was calming.

On his way back to the House to return to his duties as Lord, something caught his attention. A young youth was meandering outside of the House's gates which meant it was vulnerable. At first he would have simply been stern and directed the cub back inside. But at second glance, it was one of his.

How did one of his own get out? Where were the Royal Guard that was watching over his children? Where was his son whom was watching and guarding the gates?

A snarl passed his maw as he sped his way to the young cub.

"Yin, what are you doing out here?" He growled as he padded into a stop. Sharp green eyes glanced down the slop to the savanna and around his position. No others were around which meant she was relatively safe. He was lucky he got to her first. "What do you think you are doing outside of the gates? We've specifically told you to stay inside!" His voice was deep, strong, and gruff, always containing a rumbling growl deep inside his chest. Of course he was angered, one of his cubs was vulnerable and thus the House was vulnerable. Vulnerability was not something Sheng ever wanted to experience again.

PhiferWolf

Loyal Werewolf

Neon Fly

Tipsy Hellraiser

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:13 am
It wasn't the rush of paws as much as it was the roar of her father's voice that stirred Yin from her distant thoughts. Pinning herself low into the grass as the flame colored lion approached her with surprising urgency. He was angry with her obviously, though she didn't understand why. She'd only traveled a little ways from the...

Glancing around silvery irises realized that her home caves were no where in sight. Stupid grasshopper, this was all his fault for leading her so far from the safety of the adults. Papa, I...

Timid expression lifting towards her father as the royal cub found herself hovered over by her father. Shrinking lower as the culprit of her escape disappeared with a springing bound, obviously not stricken scared by Sheng's appearance. I.. I was just ... I followed... a.. grasshopper.

Finishing lamely, abashed little female ducked her head and pressed against the ground. It was a pathetic excuse even if it was true, staring at her dark paws half wishing she could turn invisible to avoid the critical look that pinned her. Yin tried again to explain herself, hoping that she might be better able to explain herself. I.. uhm, didn't want to play with the others so I went for a walk. Teacher's lesson today.. it makes my head feel all mixed up. I.. I didn't mean to walk so far... honest.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:28 pm
Sheng gave a scoff as his eyes diverted toward the sad grasshopper after it had jumped off into the grass. The rustle was what got his attention and made him narrow. Insignificant insect lured his precious daughter from the sanctity of the House. He chose this location for the protection, he did not care who originally carved the cove or if it was made by some other force. It was his and Fukuaji's blood and sweat that went into digging all those dens that litter the face of the House's wall like a wall of paintings. It was here that his mate, the lady of the house, bore her litter to give the house life. This place was the safest around until one reaches the other houses. Sheng the lord. The demon duo who've became the house's Major, for the Lord's close watch. And there are Shu, the Royal Guard who has proved time and time again his usefulness.

Yin's words snapped him of his mental state, flicking his ear and then his head down to her.

"The grasshopper isn't important. It should not have been significant enough to have lured you from our home," he spoke. With a reluctant sigh, the Lord resigned himself to lay around her like a father, nosing her delicately. Then again, delicate for this one was relatively hard. "See that, it was fearful of your father it fled in fear. You were brave to stay."

She was still a young one, but she had so much that is expected of her. She is the daughter of the strongest male, in his opinion, of the pride. She should not have left her guard down so easily to have been so far distracted to leave the house without even noticing.

Sheng smirked. "The teacher made your head all mixed up, you say? Good. Proves you are my blood, I do not care too much for those teachings, but your mother insists you little ones become knowledgeable. I would have to send you to the House of Intelligence if you didn't get mixed up." He let out a throaty laugh.

PhiferWolf

Loyal Werewolf

Neon Fly

Tipsy Hellraiser

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:31 am
Yin watched as her father's gaze drifted off into the distance, following the emerald grasshopper as it sprung off across the savanna eventually disappearing as it blended into its surroundings. The sharp sound of disapproval caused the cub to flinch with drooping ears. Ashamed to have worried her papa so. She couldn't even bare to look at him when finally his attention returned to her, silvery stare focused on her paws while Sheng continued to scold her properly. He was right when he said for her to have given an insect even a passing glance was pointless, of course. And that at the heart of the matter that she should have been paying better attention to her surroundings.

If only she could have gained the wisdom of his lessons without having to go through the embarrassment of getting herself in these sorts of precarious situations.

Her legs seemed to turn gelatinous as the young duchess quivered under the piercing look of her father. Yin couldn't help but wonder if he was terribly disappointed in her, though unable to bring herself to ask. The next words to fill her ears caused her head to lift sharply with evident surprise. Brave? Tiny frame teetered and flopped into the grass on her side as she was nudged, stunned. Her papa thought her brave? She could hardly believe it as an expression of disbelief lifted towards the figure hovering over her.

Realizing that her father had settled down with her, despite how he had initially disapproved of her traveling so far from the watchful eye of the royal guards and the safety of the dens. Rolling towards him the tiny cublet rested between enormous forepaws. It was almost impressive to think she had traveled so far on her own without tiring. Yin's own paws stretched up to capture her papa's muzzle, wrapping around it as she offered him an adoring lick on his nose. Sheng thought her brave! It was a compliment she wouldn't be forgetting any time soon.

Surprised by the sudden smirk, brows furrowed as her eyes lifted to the face above her own curiously. Hardly able to contain the pride she felt at having something in common with her father though her voice filled the air a rush of excitement as if completely astounded. Teacher makes papa's head all mixed up too?!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:28 pm
Sheng watched as she rolled herself between his large paws. She was his daughter, a duchess of the Zhi Ming, but more important and, a fact that often overlooked, she was still just a cub. A innocent, young cub and yet here they are pressured by the family to uphold an image that most would see abusive. He cared for his family, these litters with Fu Ren are the only litters he has personally care for. Sure he has sired many with wanton females, but Fu Ren was different. The past has long since faded into the past with the name of Moto'Vianzio, the rogue. Looking down at his precious daughter, he was a father and a lord of the Zhi Ming of Tianxia.

The male gave an exhale as he was muzzled by tiny paws and licked by Yin. Such an innocent act only reinforced his mindset. Perhaps in private he was able to relax and become the caring father rather than the brute male lord of the house. These little ones deserve the caring figures now more than ever until they are able to grow up. Looking back at his first litter, he wondered if Xun'lin hated him.

"Never noticed me leave?" He questioned, scooping his daughter closer to his chest as he rolled onto his side. How curious that one that shared similar habits like himself could withstand such teachings! Sheng chuckled as he nosed his daughter, smiling slightly. "I do not try to figure things out. I do not want to know how to hunt or how to act appropriate; if I want to hunt, I will kill it, if I wanted to act appropriate, then whomever it is I am with has to deal with me or I will make them deal with it," he gives a roguish grin. "Because that is the male I am."

PhiferWolf

Loyal Werewolf

[IC] Tianxia Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces