Submit

Jojo the snow leopard

Dapper Dabbler

4,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:07 pm
People keep on staring at me around school (someone even tripped me and people keep swearing), and its starting to annoy me a LOT. It's not like it's weird for me to go around wearing cat ears, tail, and collar... Oh well, I get a good laugh out of all the weird looks I get.

Anywhos, discuss:
Have you ever worn anything like this around different places?
Has anybody... well, sworn profusely and/or physically abused you for it?
Despite any difficulties this gives you, do you find it amusing that people are weirded out by it?  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:24 pm
Yes, no, and no, in order.

On the college and grad-school level, people don't assault you because they know there's a good chance they will be forcibly separated from you by bystanders, and/or will get arrested for it. Am I correct in guessing you're in high school?  

Shaviv

Shadows sweet embrace

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:26 pm
To be honest, I've only worn a collar with a bell on it that was made by my sister, and that will most likely be the only non "normal" thing I'll wear out in public. I don't like dealing with other peoples bad reactions to my look, and would rather then take me seriously.

But I did go to school with three other furs two of them wore ears and tails to school every now and then. Did I think it was normal? For them yea and I didn't have a problem with it, mostly due to them being my bestfriends. Did they get picked on? Yea, a lot. Did they care? No not really, the understood that people are going to think differently and just like let it go. It didn't mean that they liked being called names or picked on, shoot both of them hated this one guy because of everything he said and did to them. But they realized that getting into a fight over it would be pointless.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:40 pm
I have ears and a tail, but I really have no desire to wear them out in public except on special occasions. Like when there is a con I have them on all the time, even when just around town. I do get a lot of stairs and even people asking me what it is all about, which I love to tell them all about furries. I have gotten a few people interested by talking about it.

This will be the first Halloween since I got them and probably will end up wearing them just for the fun of it. Considered even doing so for work, but since right now I am off work do to disability I probably wont get the chance.  

Artemis Vulpes

Atlaas

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:41 pm
In highschool I always assumed people with animal ears were like, animu catgirl fans.
I was right though, they all were. None of them were furries, or at least not yet.

I used to dress up and stuff when I was with my friends. Never to school. But I'd go to mall in butterfly wings and stuff.
People didn't seem to mind at all.
We were just like, a bunch of girls playing dressup in public.

I wouldn't really wear anything though, unless in that situation.

I would go fursuiting though. In fact I'd love to.
It's a little easier when you're anonymous.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:46 pm
Shaviv
Yes, no, and no, in order.

On the college and grad-school level, people don't assault you because they know there's a good chance they will be forcibly separated from you by bystanders, and/or will get arrested for it. Am I correct in guessing you're in high school?

correct. the teachers didnt care though. they were like, 'whatever, you're the one wearing the gay @$$ costume. my teachers are stupid like that lol  

Jojo the snow leopard

Dapper Dabbler

4,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Person of Interest 200

Aijo_Iceblood

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:04 pm
i wear a collar every day. im in the process of gettin a tail made and i will wear it every day as well.
nobody has ever abused me physically, mainly cause i intimidate alot of people lol. but i have been called a furfag a couple time.....which i replied to by say, my furry as gets more p234y than you will ever get *which isnt true lol, only one girl for me and we are still "pure" as my mom calls it.*

i love gettin weird looks. it is fun to see how people react to different situations. i had a cop stare at me for a few minutes yesterday b4 he looked away and left. i laughed rather hard.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:33 pm
i used to cross dress alot in high school right about the time i was starting to realize i was a bit different sexually. also i had been meeting alot of gays at school, some out some still in the closet, but no cross dressers. (its a small town school, lots of rednecks understandably it was rare to find a man in a skirt.) Being the antagonist that i was and never one to walk softly when i had something to say, i made my own skirt, cut the shoulders off a t-shirt and punxed up some super tight black jeans i had, wore that a few times. It was one of the greatest moments of my life i think.

I never got abused physically, and the closest i have gotten to being verbally abused wasn't even to my face. as i was walking down the halls staring down everyone that looked at me oddly some guy only had the balls to studtter out "f*****t" once he had gotten behind me. i turned around and no one continued confrontation.

i feel like a bad a** every time i think about it.

once in college i kind of got past the shock value thing, and just wore normal cloths ussually I did cross dress a few times, once for halloween last year and once for an Aids awareness lecture for my GSA. it was a pretty mellow outfit though it looked more like a kilt than a skirt.  

Jungle Boots

Artemis Vulpes

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:50 pm
As cool as collars look, I have personal pride issues about wearing them. I see them too much as symbols of submission.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:01 pm
User Image

I don't like bad reactions either but surprisingly I don't get them as much. In High school I always wore collars and bells. So my teachers and class mates were used to it. They'd know when it was me running down the halls. Yeah some of my peers thought it was weird but they never harassed me about it.

Then after the anime convention one year, I decided to wear my cat ears and tail. I was nervous about it and tended to take the ears or tail off every now and then. But I got to my spanish class and everyone was fawning over my ears and wanted to wear them. Which made me happy. I didn't do it often but I was comfortable to do it at least 2 more times that year.

Her heart races deep as she sleeps...

Demoness of Heart

Romantic Hunter

7,350 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Millionaire 200

Sunegami

Playful Nerd

22,040 Points
  • Pizza Party Attendee 500
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:18 pm
Artemis Vulpes
As cool as collars look, I have personal pride issues about wearing them. I see them too much as symbols of submission.

That's part of why I wear mine quite often, actually. X3 It's a red cat collar with a silver bell, exactly like the one my fursona wears; my fiancé bought it for me to replace an identical one that fell apart a few years ago. I wear it because it gives me a strong feeling of being owned by/belonging to him, which I love. ♥  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:25 pm
All the time... just when i was in school i was popular with the popular kids because i was an orriginal free thinker. I also knew how to be a mans man though too so that helped a bit . But i left because it got a little out of hand in my senior year... I had flocks of middle school girls worshiping me ... it was pretty bad ... they expected me to know who they were and when there birth days ... they all turned psycho.... then i left  

Gotherine Foxx

Dangerous Genius

Jojo the snow leopard

Dapper Dabbler

4,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:05 pm
Artemis Vulpes

haha thats why i wear em. my friends bringing me a leash on monday X3  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:11 pm
This fox is no one's pet.  

Artemis Vulpes

Atlaas

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:17 pm
Somehow, I don't think a collar would look right on a deer.

Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff