Reply Chatterbox/Humor
Buying/Selling Conterfeit Money?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ArmasTermin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:41 pm
I always wondered: how does that work? When what you're selling is worth what it's worth, and no profit seems possible. Wouldn't the buyer want to spend less on the conterfeits than they're "worth"? And in that case, why would the sellers accept that, if what they made is "worth" more? And if the buyers spend more on the conterfeits than they're "worth" then why not just keep the real money? Is the risk of using it calculated in? What about the cost of manufacture? If the counterfeiters spend a lot on making it, they have to sell it for more, but how much more in relation to how they made?

It just seems really stupid to me, unless you're buying an item with counterfeit money, or you're making it strictly to use by yourself.

I'm sure it's really obvious, but it doesn't make any sense to me.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:16 pm
The cost per bill is only a buck or two, so you print a counterfeit bill, and pass it off at the local Safeway as a normal $20. $18 profit per transaction.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

ArmasTermin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:35 pm
Fresnel
The cost per bill is only a buck or two, so you print a counterfeit bill, and pass it off at the local Safeway as a normal $20. $18 profit per transaction.

But what about someone buying them knowingly, on purpose?  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:02 pm
ArmasTermin
Fresnel

But what about someone buying them knowingly, on purpose?
You stand to gain nothing, unless you buy it at middleman prices (like $15 per $20 bill).  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Desert_Fox_Rommel

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:43 pm
I tried reading this last night but kept reading it as Confederate so it didn't make any sense. sweatdrop That's a good sign to log out and go to bed.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:55 pm
ArmasTermin
I always wondered: how does that work? When what you're selling is worth what it's worth, and no profit seems possible. Wouldn't the buyer want to spend less on the conterfeits than they're "worth"? And in that case, why would the sellers accept that, if what they made is "worth" more? And if the buyers spend more on the conterfeits than they're "worth" then why not just keep the real money? Is the risk of using it calculated in? What about the cost of manufacture? If the counterfeiters spend a lot on making it, they have to sell it for more, but how much more in relation to how they made?

It just seems really stupid to me, unless you're buying an item with counterfeit money, or you're making it strictly to use by yourself.

Okay, let's say I knowingly buy counterfiets at 10 cents on the dollar. If I buy 100,000 dollars, I pay 10,000 dollars. Let's say it cost 2,000 to make the 100,000. I made a 90,000 dollar profit and the seller made 8,000 dollars. Everyone benifits.  

Ubasti

Orkronos

Gracious Sex Symbol

6,575 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:31 am
Thrice Damned Mick
ArmasTermin

Okay, let's say I knowingly buy counterfiets at 10 cents on the dollar. If I buy 100,000 dollars, I pay 10,000 dollars. Let's say it cost 2,000 to make the 100,000. I made a 90,000 dollar profit and the seller made 8,000 dollars. Everyone benifits.
Except the mint, but ******** the mint.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:13 pm
Well, no one really benefits. Short run, you do.
Long run everyone is ******** the market with counterfeit bills, destroy the economy.
Anyway, not like someone needed to flood ours with counterfeit to ******** it up. People in charge did that pretty well, and legal too.  

OberFeldwebel

Buki_Actual

9,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:11 pm
Thrice Damned Mick
ArmasTermin

Not if you buy the counterfeits with counterfeits! O_o  
Chatterbox/Humor

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff