Reading group Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

thesportygirl9
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:25 am
Love reading? lots of other people do too! talk to people about books that you have read and get some great reads to read yourself!  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:30 pm
I really like to read. I'm currently finishing the Inkheart trilogy and I get really irritated when people say it's boring! Sure, the movie couldve been better, but the series is great!  

Amaki Mikashi
Vice Captain

Friendly Nerd

11,250 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Kiori Yuki
Captain

Romantic Prophet

7,200 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:21 am
i am reading a really good book it is the last book in the series it is called forever princess by meg cabot  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:31 am
Im reading the outsiders!
I love it emo  

SushiOnSteroids

Miss Grumpy Panda

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:09 pm
I read part of Inkheart, but I was being to lazy and the library needed it back. So instead of renewing in I just let my friend get it.

I loved the Outsiders, it was amazing. I normally don't read books like that and was surprised at my love for it. I cried when Johnny died.

I'm reading Wicked. I haven't seen the play, but I have listened to the music for it. It is a very good read.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:36 pm
Rawr. We need a weird group, for those of us who just aint right.
PS: If I'm half naked when your reading this and you laugh, you one of us.

Anyhow. Reading Cthulu for class now, and when I was young I read so much in school, my teachers actively sought to discourage me from reading. biggrin

Anyone else big on lovecraftian stories? Or Tom Clancy? I'm writing a novel in that style.  

Taint with Cheese

0oMusic of the Nighto0

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:41 pm
I've read quite a number of books that I like. There's this one series my friend reads and I've borrowed books from her (but for some reason I can't remember the name or the author)

If you have an overactive imagination and can stand reading through numerous descriptive paragraphs, I would definitely recommend the Lord of the Rings books. They are really good and definitely worth the time it would take to read them.

I was also reading this book called Late Nights on Air for my English class last semester. Unfortunately, I never did finish it (too busy getting my blood sucked out of my body by evil doctors trying to figure out what exactly is wrong with me) But the passaged I read definitely piqued my interest.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:55 pm
Im also reading this other book called the pitcures of hollis woods.........i like it because it puts alot of detail into it and its like awsome

Its kinda sad tho how much people hate her and stuff  

SushiOnSteroids

Miss Grumpy Panda

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:10 pm
Oh gosh I laughed at the half naked thing...
The Cthulu I always think of is the one from the Calls to Cthulu on Youtube... good series.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:21 pm
Miss Grumpy Panda
The Cthulu I always think of is the one from the Calls to Cthulu on Youtube... good series.

Welcome to the wacko fold, sister. biggrin

Anyhow, so. Yeah, Lovecraft is great, but in subsequent years his work has been bastardized by multiple authors. In this book i'm reading, there is 27 short stories, and so far, each one has been a rip off of the original Call of Cthulu, and has a nameless protagonist. o.0

Anyhow, not just to b***h. They do a great job of revealing the mystery slowly. Still a great source of stories.

Your link asploded my head!  

Taint with Cheese

Miss Grumpy Panda

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:41 pm
Taint with Cheese
Miss Grumpy Panda

Welcome to the wacko fold, sister. biggrin

Your link asploded my head!

Whoot!

Ya that link asplodes heads... I think it might be mentioned XD  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:07 pm
Its eyes..... your link's eyes make my brain want to asplode.

o.o they're peircing my soullllll!  

Taint with Cheese

MyFistYourFacee
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:53 am
i have currently finished reading The Outsiders which is an AWESOME book
pictures of hollis woods is another book we're reading i personally dont really like it..
i have read Hachet which is an AWESOME book too. blaugh  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:09 pm
I'm currently reading Blue Moon, I believe it is book 6 or 7 of the Anita Blake series written by Laurell K. Hamilton. I'm about to start on her new book for the Merry Gentry series that just came out. I greatly recommended the Merry Gentry series, it is my favorite! heart  

x Bloody Mari x

2,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Cart Raider 100

Sakhetla

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:00 pm
I like to read to. I also finished the Inkheart trilogy. I have not watched the movie though.
If you liked them you could try 'The Golden Compass'. But only if your okay with people dying and getting hurt. It is also a trilogy.
Amaki Mikashi
I really like to read. I'm currently finishing the Inkheart trilogy and I get really irritated when people say it's boring! Sure, the movie couldve been better, but the series is great!

Friends of Gaia

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff