Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply The Sims Guild
Different playing styles.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

maggoty tacos
Crew

Friendly Regular

7,650 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:22 am
Everyone has a different way they play the game.
It is kind of frustrating for me to watch my friends play the sims. They spend a ton of time on small details whereas I just make sure everything matches.

They also play kinda slow. They take their time and plan things out.
I'm very fast at playing. I do things in chains. I do not make direct my sims to interact with a person one at a time. I set them up to do several things (like cleaning toilets, putting up dishes, etc.)

I also use the 1, 2, 3 hotkeys to speed up time and the mouse to rotate by my friends usually click on the arrows and aghhh ._. It annoys me, lol.

What is your playing style?  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:08 pm
It depends what mood I'm in. Sometimes I go on just to build and other times I go to play families. Some I have stories and plans for, others I just play as I go along.

Decorating is one thing I tend not to do much of though. I tend not to bother with 'clutter' items. When I do they seem to add so much personality to my Sims.

I always use the 1,2,3 speed keys and mouse to move the camera. Sometimes I even use the camera set keys to save certain angles. Mostly that's for photos though.  

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100

Life Hath Immortality

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:26 pm
i play pretty fast... i would never have them do 1 thing at a time! sometimes i pay attention to details and other times i dont. it depends on what i created that family to do.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:10 pm
I'm mostly like you. fast forward if it's bathing/remove trash/clean dishes. I do sometimes take it very slow if I haven't touched sims 3 for a few weeks so it's more like enjoy and relax mrgreen  

Kecitich

Supportive Cutesmasher

13,950 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Waffles! 25
  • Gaian 50

Celestial Fireflies

Witty Autobiographer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:03 pm
I like my sims' needs to be as high as possible while also keeping up a relatively normal schedule, so I like to pause a lot and set them up with work. I also like to set them up with busy work if I don't feel like pausing while I figure out what they need to do. My current household has 2 twin girls and a new baby, so it was pretty hectic for a little bit while I tried to sort everyone out.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:39 am
I am always playing on speed 2 or 3. It bugs me to watch other people play on speed one. Everything takes so painfully long.  

a1b2c3d4e5f

12,300 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Autobiographer 200

da_deadly

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:21 pm
I like playing at speed one,because if you look away for a few minutes, and than you turn back, you could miss something. burning_eyes  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:22 pm

The words I want are out of reach, but they've never been so loud...

It depends. I always use the 123 keys for speed (If I play all day, I will use them to try to speed up things that aren't the sims gonk gonk )

I usually like to try to get into the details (I love putting clothes on teh kids floors!) And filling up side tables with books and photos ^^

MarianasLlama

6,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Consumer 100
  • Full closet 200

pinapplepielady

2,350 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:25 am
It depends on which version of the game I am playing. But my playing styles are similar. I always like to make scandals and interesting plotlines.

I usually play with my friend, in which case my playing style varies greatly. I come up with a story involving something related to romance. I make a character or a family nessecary for the story. I use cheat codes, but none that actually help me like motherlode or 'set needs static'. I like the cheats that allow me to move objects wherever I please, instantly age up a kid, edit in cas or unlock new outfits. I ~hate~ motherlode and like to start with a pre-made house and slowly make it fancier as they get more money. I used to like making a fancy nursery for the kiddos but sometimes I'm just not in the mood. When I am, I do, though.

The Sims can be either really easy or kinda hard, depending on your scenario and usage of cheat codes. I liked every version I played and NEVER got frustrated enough to use cheats. When I play, I make the whole story beginning to end and wait until inspiration hits to start a new one. I like to make my housese look old fashioned by the way. When I'm not inspired I sometimes play just to make pretty houses and upload them to the exchange. It's really fun but I am able to stop playing which surprises me. I never got bored of The Sims and never had a reason to, not even the first one. But that's because I always have an idea before I play ~unlike some people~ *looks at my friend and my aunt*.

My friend refuses to actually do anything about their needs. It's actually very amazing to watch, which is why I am so eager every day to see it. Lets call her the blob.

Would you like to know how the blob plays? We usually play together. I make a married couple, it makes a married couple. They live together and have two kids each. The whole time, the blob just turns the cheats on, sits back, and watches it's sims make out, woohoo and have babies. It uses motherlode like 23840328408320948 times and builds a freaking tower of a house shortly after. Then it ages up the babies to young adults, without aging up the parents. So now they are the same age. Fascinating isn't it?

I always thought The Sims was a hard game. Every version had it's own challenges that I got used to. But when the blob plays, it's just a cycle of birth, cheat codes, building and moving out. Oh, and did I mention the blob never gives it's house a roof or wallpaper? Another odd thing about the way it plays the game is that the whole house looks like one gigantic bathroom. Amazing, much moreso than it sounds. I usually get bored of the blob and order it to play The Sims 3 on another computer while I play another version of The Sims (lately, the sims medieval) on my computer. But that's when it starts to spice up the game and actually does something challenging which manages to shock me every time.

Anyway, there have been exceptions, for both me and the blob, but this is how it usually goes.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:04 pm
I like to keep my sims busy so I can just watch as their day goes by without worrying that they'll do something on their own that I don't want them to. I only fast forward during tasks that nothing interesting could happen like when they do certain hobbies or bathing or eating. But besides that I usually play on speed one. And I like to only use the mouse so I don't use the 123 keys.  

Bunny_Gaz

Inquisitor

10,950 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Inquisitor 200

GregarMoon

Divine Werewolf

3,575 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:13 am
Think I'm the odd one out then. Since I play my Sims family-oriented, I prefer to watch my Sims interact with other Sims, micromanaging them when they're not at home. I pause the game, issue commands, and keep my fingers between the pause key, buy key, build key and the speed mults. I like to take pictures, and tell a story of particular eventful things that happened.  
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 1:08 pm
I tend to enjoy setting up my sims for particular tasks and then I give them a bit of free time in the day when they are done with their "chores" so to speak. As well, I tend to pause a lot to take pictures because each family I play becomes a story in my head that I must document and give depth to.

Building is one of the most fun parts of sims for me, so I do tend to spend A LOT of time renovating / decorating lots during each play session. cat_3nodding  

bewbcup

Sparkly Raider

7,200 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Friendly 100
The Sims Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items