Cooking Group Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

thesportygirl9
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:29 pm
Like to cook? share recipes and get new ones with other people who love to bake also!  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:09 am
I want to cook because i want to be a Pastery Chef.  

Kiori Yuki
Captain

Romantic Prophet

7,200 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Beta Explorer 0

Parakeets In Love

3,100 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:24 pm
I've recently been trying to create a new recipe.

contains- Squid, Rice, Some Kind Of Hot Sauce, Carrots, and Potatoes.

any Ideas on how many/much of this stuff I should put in?  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:53 pm
ManiFesta
I've recently been trying to create a new recipe.

contains- Squid, Rice, Some Kind Of Hot Sauce, Carrots, and Potatoes.

any Ideas on how many/much of this stuff I should put in?

is it goin to be a soup stew curry or what?  

darkmageofskittles

6,800 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Kiori Yuki
Captain

Romantic Prophet

7,200 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:18 pm
will it be soup or stew?  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:19 pm
Hi
I AM a pastry chef!!!!
well, not a chef, but I make pastries.
Everyday I bring 3 baskets of croissants, crepes, and tortes in to school to pass around at lunch.
I know, it's all french, but their famous for their pastries.
Two other things they are famous for are below (emote)
cheese_whine
yes, wine and cheese
anyway, there is a recipe I have just made
Anyone want to hear it?  

Angelic_Waterfall

freakleaf

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:29 pm
I am Actually going to start schooling in January to become a professional chef >:3 i would be second generation, my mom Is a sous Chef for wolfgang puck and my father, a former pastry chef, now is the manager of one of the major importing company [truffles, caviar, ect] I <3 cooking  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:20 pm
Anyone want my new recipe?
Here it is.
Try it out, kay?

Cinnamon Raisin Bread

5 1/2 to 6 c. sifted flour
1 egg
2 pkg. active dry yeast
1 c. raisins
1 c. milk
1 c. sugar plus another 1/4 c. sugar
3/4 cup water
1 tbsp. ground cinnamon
2 tbsp. melted butter or regular margarine
1/4 c. cooking oil
2 tsp. salt

Stir together 2 cups of flour and the un dissolved yeast in a mixing bowl. Heat the milk, water, 1/4 cup of the sugar, oil, and salt in a saucepan over very low heat until the mixture is very warm (120 to 130 degrees). Add the liquid mixture to the flour mixture and beat with an electric beater until smooth (about 3 min.).Blend in the egg, then stir in the raisins.
Gradually stir in enough of the remaining flour to make a moderately soft dough. Turn dough out onto a floured surface and knead until smooth and satiny (about 10 min.). Cover the dough with a bowl and let rest for 20 minutes.
Combine 1 c. sugar and cinnamon; set aside.
Punch down dough and divide it in half. Roll out each half on the floured surface to a 14x7 in rectangle. Brush with the melted butter and sprinkle with half on cinnamon-sugar mixture. Beginning at the narrow side, roll tightly, like a jelly roll. Press the edges to seal. Fold ends under, and place in 2 greased 8 1/2x4 1/2x2 1/2 inch loaf pans. brush tops with remaining melted butter then sprinkle with remaining cinnamon-sugar mixture. Cover and let rise in a warm place for about 45 minutes. Bake in a 375 degree oven 35 to 40 minutes, or until loaves sound hollow when tapped. Remove from pans immediately.

MAKES 2 LOAVES. HAVE FUN BAKING IT AND ENJOY!!!!!!!!!  

Angelic_Waterfall

DelightedDavi

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:07 pm
I love to cook and make random recipes razz
Idk if I will school in it though, anyone have something I could try making I am up for anything XD  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:05 pm
Angelic_Waterfall
Here it is.
Try it out, kay?

Cinnamon Raisin Bread

1 egg
2 pkg. active dry yeast
1 c. raisins
1 c. milk
3/4 cup water
1 tbsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 c. cooking oil
2 tsp. salt

Stir together 2 cups of flour and the un dissolved yeast in a mixing bowl. Heat the milk, water, 1/4 cup of the sugar, oil, and salt in a saucepan over very low heat until the mixture is very warm (120 to 130 degrees). Add the liquid mixture to the flour mixture and beat with an electric beater until smooth (about 3 min.).Blend in the egg, then stir in the raisins.
Gradually stir in enough of the remaining flour to make a moderately soft dough. Turn dough out onto a floured surface and knead until smooth and satiny (about 10 min.). Cover the dough with a bowl and let rest for 20 minutes.
Punch down dough and divide it in half. Roll out each half on the floured surface to a 14x7 in rectangle. Brush with the melted butter and sprinkle with half on cinnamon-sugar mixture. Beginning at the narrow side, roll tightly, like a jelly roll. Press the edges to seal. Fold ends under, and place in 2 greased 8 1/2x4 1/2x2 1/2 inch loaf pans. brush tops with remaining melted butter then sprinkle with remaining cinnamon-sugar mixture. Cover and let rise in a warm place for about 45 minutes. Bake in a 375 degree oven 35 to 40 minutes, or until loaves sound hollow when tapped. Remove from pans immediately.

YUM! That sounds delicious! I may try it!

hmm...the most recent things I've made are:
Mint chocolate thumbprint cookies
Turkey Chili

And I'm going to try a tofu/bok choy dish...anyone have tips for cooking with a wok?  

Maid Botan

Kiori Yuki
Captain

Romantic Prophet

7,200 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:34 am
i learned a new recipe! ^_^  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:23 pm
Angelic_Waterfall
Here it is.
Try it out, kay?

Cinnamon Raisin Bread

1 egg
2 pkg. active dry yeast
1 c. raisins
1 c. milk
3/4 cup water
1 tbsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 c. cooking oil
2 tsp. salt

I'm gonna hafta steal this one! mrgreen  

agony_roses

Generous Friend

10,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Overstocked 200

My Dark Moon

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:29 am
I LOVE TO COOK BECAUSE ITS FUN AND MY FAMILY (exept my mom) COOKS AWESOME AND YUMMY AND I LOVE TO COOK AND EVERYONE SAYS THAT EVERYTIME I COOK IT TASTE AWESOME ^w^ AND WEN I HAVE MY VERY OWN HOUSE I WANT TO COOK DIFERENT THINGS ^w^ NOT RICE AND BEANS EVERYDAY LIKE MY MO. stare OR MY GRANDMAS -_-  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:40 am
i love to cook. Its a great way to relieve stress, on all the people around you, and it makes a great date.If both you and your date love pizza this just might the best and the cheapest date you ever had. Here is what you will need :

arrow A tube of biscuits ( 1 biscuit makes 1 pizza)

arrow Tomato Paste or learn to make your own :http://startcooking.com/video/428/Tomato-Sauce-Recipe

arrow Assorted pizza toppings (cheese, pepperoni, etc.)

arrow A cookie sheet (non-stick preferable)

arrow Rolllllling pin (optional)

........oh and preheat your oven for 400 degrees Fahrenheit

So Let The Cooking Begin exclaim exclaim exclaim
Open the tube of biscuits and with your partner flatten each of them with either a rolling pin or with your hands on top of theirs to flatten them together heart heart lol. Next place the flattened dough on a cookie sheet (non stick preferable) and place a little tomato paste/sauce on top of each one. Now comes the fun part! Add whatever toppings you want! you cant go wrong! After you are done making a mess all over each other.. i mean....dressing your pizzas, place them in the oven for about 25-30 minutes. After that enjoy a movie or a favorite show together eating these tasty and fun pizzas.  

GravityKaze

esale44

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:29 pm
i love cooking and baking, im a natural baker and could bake just about anything with a recipe, but cooking.......not so much hahahah  
Friends of Gaia

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff