Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Poppets

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Emerald_Angel28

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:07 pm
I'm making a poppet for my own health and healing, for reasons a bit personal, and I don't know what I should make it out of. I've read some books with totally different ideas and I'm a little twisted around. Does anyone have any ideas? And what's the difference between the material inside and the material outside? eek  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:47 am
Emerald_Angel28
I'm making a poppet for my own health and healing, for reasons a bit personal, and I don't know what I should make it out of. I've read some books with totally different ideas and I'm a little twisted around. Does anyone have any ideas? And what's the difference between the material inside and the material outside? eek

Poppets are sympathetic magic. You're using it as a symbolic representation of a person - whether that's you, or someone else. You can stuff it with rags, leaves, herbs, or cotton batting - anything liike that, but if you intend to have it represent yourself, also include something from you - hair, toenails, etc. Also, decorate its face to look like you, give it hair or ribbon or yarn. The more clearly it resembles a person the better.

If you're looking to make a poppet to increase your health, adding herbs of appropriate type is a good idea. Make the doll strong, and make it even and sturdy. And leave it someplace where it will be safe and secure - don't let it get bedraggled or ruined. That sort of defeats the purpose.  

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

Venra Axel Prey

Wealthy Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:50 am
Morgadria has the right idea.
as for what to make it out of, i would say a strong fabric, like canvas(although that might be hard to sew) and preferably green, to represent healing energies. as for what to put in it, research herbs that work with the kind of healing your going to do. for example, lavender is soothing, while mint helps with the stomach and digestive areas.  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games