Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)
Is there an herb that makes women infertile? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is there an herb or potion that makes women infertile?
  Yes
  No
  Im not sure
View Results

Venra Axel Prey

Wealthy Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:15 am
I only ask this because of a strange dream I had, where I was in some form of toast factory, where they were harvesting pregnant women's fetuses into cakes(I woke up vomiting--it was the most disturbing dream Ive ever had) but when they came for me(it was like..a breeding thing) i drank some kind of herb that made me infertile. the name was mentioned, and i thnk it started with 'A', but I just dont remember.
Oh, and if you can help me figure out what my harrowing dream was about, i would appreciate it.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:35 am
Angelica is not supposed to be taken by pregant women. I'm not sure why exactly. Probably it just increases the risk of miscarriages. Tons of herbs can be used as aborficants, or contraceptives. Queen Anne's Lace is an example of it. Even Basil shouldn't be eaten in large amounts!

It could be just a bad dream. Are you trying to concieve a baby currently?  

Orchidsandfractals

Venra Axel Prey

Wealthy Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:44 am
No, no no! I never want to have children. besides, im only 16!
i was just curious.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:45 am
The dream scared me alot too...the image of the babies being cooked...i cant get it out of my head. what's it supposed to mean...??? crying  

Venra Axel Prey

Wealthy Werewolf

Orchidsandfractals

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:18 am
I'm not sure what it's supposed to mean...Maybe a sort of warning? It could have just been a bad dream. What do children mean to you? Do they mean the future? If so, then it could be just a warning to be careful about your future, or just your fears about it. Do you have any major events coming up that you're stressing about?  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:37 am
well, the thing is, i dont partucularily like babies. in fact, i hate them. but its still scary to see them being...cooked.
i dont really know what they mean to me. but, a boy im intersed in wont talk to me...so yes, I am stessing out a bit.  

Venra Axel Prey

Wealthy Werewolf

Yanueh

Shameless Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:39 am
Silphium. But it's extinct now because over over-harvesting in ancient times. Go figure.

Nowadays, asafoetida is used as a contraceptive... and it starts with A.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:43 am
now that i think about it, babies=sex in my mind. that is how theyre made, after all. and pretty much evryone in america looses their virginity before they turn 16(gennerally speaking, of course) and i have never even been kissed. i dont mean to sound like a brat, because im really not that interested in sex, but when most of the people having sex/getting a boyfriend/being romantic in general are mean, slutty, ugly people(a least in my neck of the woods) it isnt realy a big self-esteem helper.

im not ugly, but im not realy pretty, either.(people tell me i am, but how can i be, when boys never even look twice at me?) so, i guess im...stressed/scared abot that? idk.  

Venra Axel Prey

Wealthy Werewolf

Venra Axel Prey

Wealthy Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:44 am
Quote:

I think thats it! thanks. ...where does it grow?  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:34 am
Hmmm, well it could have been a reflection in your mind of wanting the "sluts" to die, and their offspring, but your morals made you disgusted by it?

And don't worry. I didn't get my first kiss till I was 14, and I didn't have a boyfriend till I was 16.  

Orchidsandfractals

Emerald_Angel28

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:05 pm
Hm, the dream sounds really messed up coming from a logical standpoint, but maybe you should look up dream interpretation online. I had a dream once where someone I barely knew back in school was hit by a car. I heard every sound and I couldn't even drive to work that day because of it. It turned out that the car represented a new obstacle that the girl ended up not being able to overcome. She's fine, though.

It's possible that your dream could mean that while some people around you are having sex, the outcome for them isn't all that good. There are tons of things that can go wrong, like pregnancy and STD's and such. But then because of your beliefs and standards, you are able to keep these bad things from happening thanks to knowledge that those other people may not have had.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:59 pm
Yanueh
Silphium. But it's extinct now because over over-harvesting in ancient times. Go figure.

So far, Wiki seems to be about the only place that is listing contraceptive qualities for Asafetida. It seems to also be used primarily as a cooking spice.

asafetida (botanical.com)
asefetida

In general, with any herb that you are considering taking, you should consult with a trained herbalist first.  

too2sweet
Captain

Tipsy Fairy

Esselean

Tipsy Fairy

11,225 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:33 pm
EbonyxXxDiamond
now that i think about it, babies=sex in my mind. that is how theyre made, after all. and pretty much evryone in america looses their virginity before they turn 16(gennerally speaking, of course) and i have never even been kissed. i dont mean to sound like a brat, because im really not that interested in sex, but when most of the people having sex/getting a boyfriend/being romantic in general are mean, slutty, ugly people(a least in my neck of the woods) it isnt realy a big self-esteem helper.

im not ugly, but im not realy pretty, either.(people tell me i am, but how can i be, when boys never even look twice at me?) so, i guess im...stressed/scared abot that? idk.

Don't feel bad. Generally speaking guys at that age (or at any age really) are only interested in sex no matter what you look! If you are giving off a "I'm not interested" vibe then of corse they are not going to be interested.
It's nothing to do with how you look. So cheer up I'm quite sure you are a very beautiful girl xd  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:32 pm
San Provides a Dream Interpretation:

If you are thinking about sexuality in some way, and sex and babies are connected symbolically for you, and you are afraid of getting pregnant, it might have something to do with concerns you have there. The prospect of getting pregnant is there at the bottom of your mind, bothering you.

And why the horribleness? To you pregnancy would be a terrible thing. So it's not just babies by themselves, but a dreadful distorted view of them that expresses your horror.

Or they could represent everything you dislike about sex.

Does that make sense? sweatdrop  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

Venra Axel Prey

Wealthy Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:15 pm
@ San
...i dont know, maybe. i never realy thought of the getting pregnant part(although, since the contraceptive was in my dream, it makes sense) just the image of babies being cooked *shudders* but that does make sense.

@ Esselean
Thanks for that. i needed it sweatdrop  
*~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas