0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other
18%
 18%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 11

Shrantic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:40 pm
Well, this is pretty straight forward- how often do you go to shoot your guns? For some people, (usually living in more rural areas) they get to shoot whenever they damn well please. For others, it's a rather special occasion.

Personally, I go to the range every week. I live in the suburbs, so there's really no place I can just go and shoot guns willy-nilly. (Which means no plinking for me. sad )  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:55 pm
I live in a small town, but I don't get to go shooting very often. There isn't a gun range within 50 miles of my house. The police don't want any shooting within city limits and there aren't really any good places to go shooting out of town. I don't want to drive around for some 45 minutes through the middle of nowhere to find a secluded place with a hill for a back stop that isn't private property.  

Desert_Fox_Rommel

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:12 pm
I only go shooting whenever I go up to my friend's house in Placerville, and I only go whenever he has a free weekend. Which means at least three to five times a year. Usually, I only get to shoot the Scoremaster, which isn't that much fun.

His grandpa might let me fire the shotgun if I bring up some 16-gauge shells, but I'm not positive.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:13 pm
I have a free range nearby a friend's house outside of town. No one bothers the folks as long as no one leaves trash on the land.

It's fun to go shoot off a few hundred rounds of cheap .22LR in my Ruger 10/22. And once I get a table suitable for field work, I'm going to get serious about sighting in my new hunting rifle.  

Floyd

Quotable Prophet

14,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:18 pm
I only shoot every so often, when the urge strikes me and I don't feel bad about blowing off ammo. It's gonna be a while now, my ammo stocks are running real low and I don't have the money to replenish them.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:42 pm
NOt ********' enough, because i can't afford it. Once a month a bunch of us meet together and I get ot shoot on other people's dimes, though.  

uryu ishida

Thdark

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:11 pm
A new Gun Range opened up around here recently, way closer then the one I used to go to.

The Wyoming Antellope Gun Club, Florida Chapter I believe it's called. Looks pretty damn nice.

But yeah, I don't get to shoot much at all.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:01 am
During the late fall/winter I go goose hunting a lot so I get to shoot quite a bit during the winter. During warm weather, it's limited to pellet guns only. I have a feeling that I will be a little less conservative on ammo usage this year because I found an unbelievable deal on ammo.  

Man of the Demoneye

Kuuhaku-shou

Benevolent Prophet

8,800 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Accounting Whiz 500
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:54 pm
"So this is how liberty dies..."

I can go and shoot whenever I want. There's a perfect place just 5 miles from my house. It seems faraway and secluded, but it's not. The advantage of living in/near Spokane is that downtown Spokane is 25-minutes away, but so are the secluded places. ;D

Unfortunately, school and other business gets in the way for any time that I have to go out and shoot for fun/practice. That and hunting. But I don't think that really counts for what we're talking about here. wink It's a sport, I don't care what the hippies and other crazy yokels think.

"... with thunderous applause."
Padme Amidala, SW Episode III: RoTS

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:42 pm
not as often as I like to.
been getting kind of low on ammo and I've been busy every damn weekend.  

OberFeldwebel

Buki_Actual

9,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:52 pm
I go to an indoor pistol range that is about 20 minutes away from me every couple of weeks  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:31 pm
The only time I really get to go shooting is when my family goes up to the mountains (which is maybe once every three months cry )  

Lord Puffandsnuff III

Conservative Codger

Hans Reiker

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:29 am
I can go shooting just about when ever I damn well please. I have 4 different locations where I can shoot. However at one location, handguns and shotguns only, no rifles, haha.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:27 pm
Living in Jersey, its tough to get to a range, so we just go to PA with friends every once in a while, or to our friend's house. They have a 2 acre backyard, perfect for shooting. But if im really bored, i take one of my plinkers (usually spring action or pump, because my M16A1 AEG makes a lot of noise) into the alley and shoot at bottles.  

Longshot CS-6

Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff