Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pass The Peace Pipe [Stoners Welcome]

Back to Guilds

Tags: marijuana, weed, herb, chronic 

Reply Marijuana Discussion
medicinal marijuana users are now safe from the feds!!!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Obiwan katokey

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:59 pm
check out the article put out by MSNBC today:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33376482/ns/health/?GT1=43001  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:10 am
thank you obama
i was waiting for this to come into effect i didnt think it would happen so soon. mrgreen  

-D---B-

Snow White Jinx

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:54 am
Its about time. Now they can focus on people dealing meth and more serious things like that.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:19 pm
They will still target the stoners. No card, no go.  

Propaganda Americana

Obiwan katokey

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:09 pm
Propaganda Americana

oh of coarse, this only applies to medicinal users  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:15 pm
pretty cool.
i just recently heard a story of a marijuana patient who had their weed taken from them. it was only a quarter, but they took it to court and the city had to not only give the weed back but pay 250,000 dollars to the person who it was taken from.  

MICHAEL JACKSON DIED T_T

Obiwan katokey

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:53 pm
MICHAEL JACKSON DIED crying
pretty cool.
i just recently heard a story of a marijuana patient who had their weed taken from them. it was only a quarter, but they took it to court and the city had to not only give the weed back but pay 250,000 dollars to the person who it was taken from.

thats kick a** getting paid for having your weed stolen lol  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:15 am
Propaganda Americana

They don't target "stoners," they target "drug-users" or as they state, "law breakers" ; since it's "their job" to enforce the law. Needless, they don't really go out looking for the younger generation -- they just tend to get lucky with it, but they aren't exactly eyeballing you out from anyone else.

But, it's good. Medical users don't have to worry no more. /Since/ it's more messed up when someone with the card was able to get into trouble, rather than just someone walking down the street without the card. People with the card, have the legal right to use, we don't. But, it's one step ahead.  

PtPP Mule
Crew

PickledCreamPuff

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:57 am
sweet now let's hope the rest of the country follows  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:05 am
RubyDarkStar
sweet now let's hope the rest of the country follows

do you mean follow as in pass bills allowing medical use?  

Obiwan katokey

Exultati

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:57 am
not really safe from the hospitals though... if you have cannabis in your system, you can get denied treatment  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:37 pm
Exultati
not really safe from the hospitals though... if you have cannabis in your system, you can get denied treatment

well thats a lawsuit waiting to happen if i ever saw one. the reason is because marinol is a schedule 2 medication. so its in the same class as painkillers and anti-anxiety meds. which means that in the eyes of the law it can legally be prescribed in all states regardless of such state's medical cannabis laws. so if they deny a patient a transplant because they have a perfectly legitimate prescription drug in their system then it is my understanding that the patient can sue, and most likely win, on the basis of discrimination.

to sum it all up dave myers, assuming he plays his cards right, will most likely be getting a nice big wad of cash and a place on the transplant list pretty soon  

Obiwan katokey

ChoFruits

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:45 pm
that took long enough didn't it and we are still fighting this is only a battle as they say not the whole war.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:16 pm
Naiice.

Thee Ringmaster

5,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Conversationalist 100

SuchSweetSadism

8,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:54 am
SnowMinnie
that took long enough didn't it and we are still fighting this is only a battle as they say not the whole war.

Yeah it's a step in the right direction.  
Marijuana Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games