Wish you were here *wink* Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

the_underworks

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:30 pm
Welcome to Kirkland Lake Ontario.

Population 10000 (slothful, cold hearted, passive aggressive useless alcoholics.)

Nestled in the middle of NOWHERE, you can enjoy the cold and brisk weather around here because there is nothing else to do here... unless you enjoy shooting animals for fun and getting hammered in sleazy bars.

If you are a "night owl'' , well, chances are that you will get harassed by useless police trainees past 7 pm.

Here in Kirkland Lake we do things right. We all have monstrously over-sized and useless pickup trucks. Due to that fact, we do not believe in road maintenance (Or house maintenance either, people here live in old delapitated shacks.... probably due to these truck payments) we keep our roads looking like s**t to justify our stupidity.

Don't you wish you were here?

I am so happy to only live in KL only one week out of two.

Share what where you live looks like?  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:26 pm
Hunters? Douche police? Trucks? Ugly houses? That freaking small of a population?

Dude, you're in hell....

((There's traditional 100 year+ neighborhoods in my city in the midwest, english tutor houses, beautiful victorians, a few wonderful brick streets, cops not caring what time your out, really... nice traditional and gothic style churchs, a few nice parks, two malls, a few good concerts each year, a rave every now and then, alot of people decorate the outside of their houses beautifully every season, there's a yearly anime fest, a few colleges, a high school that is so big it could be well misconsidered to be a college, a transit center, although downtown is dead... in this one graveyard we pass on my way to and from school, it is huge and beautiful, there are tombs and graves from people who died in the 1700s, and wonderful statues, mosiliums, and crosses, but no gothy club, and ugly cow-town style brass statues downtown... As of now, I will thank God every day I live in a big city that is not in the south or on the west coast.))  

Angel of the End

ChiRubian

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:04 am
I am [very thankfully] living in MD not far from DC. I love DC, it's hella fun. We've also got Edgar Allen Poe's grave here. ;]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:40 am
Welcome to Windsor, Ontario, Canada.
Population 250,000

A crowded city, bordering Detroit Michigan. We assure you that you will always be in the lovely sight of drug dealers, drunks, and other scum while travelling through the downtown area of our city.

Hm..Not much to b***h about my city, actually.
Sure, we have a lot of disturbing people in the downtown area, but so does everyone. Our city is filled with interesting art, from statues on the river, murales downtown, to beautiful graffiti tucked away in alleys. And we have quite a few highschools, the one I go to happens to focus on the arts, and it's amazingly friendly, and whatnot else. So that is nice, ofcourse.

So, as much as I would like to b***h about my city, about the strike in our city with city workers (All the city workers were on strike a while ago, garbage men inncluded. -.-'), about the horrid stench of the unclean air, and whatnot else, I am reminded that all these big cities are like this, and it is home.

So, it's a horrid unclean polluted dangerous city, but it's my horrid unclean polluted dangerous city. (Wow, that was Hallmark lame).

And I've actually never heard of Kirkland, Underworks.
What city is it close to I might know of?  

SADERR

The Goth Apple

Dapper Dabbler

14,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:07 pm
User Image
My mind boggles at you complaining about your town being small. The population of my town is 1,624.
And I love it. I've lived here my entire life and I want to die here. If I ever reproduce, I want to raise my children here. I want to be buried in one of them when I go. There are five well-sized graveyards in the town limits. Most of the houses are over a hundred years old, and the town is just rich with history.
It was founded in 1736 under the name Salem-Canada, which was later changed. It had this name because the founders were from Salem and were granted the land for their work in the war with Canada. During the industrial revolution, alot of girls who worked on farms and in orchards resented the fact that if they went to work in the factory they only had to work ten hours a day, and they wanted the same conditions on the farms. To which the mayor responded, "Any farmer who can finish his work in ten hours is either a genius or a madman, and either way he bears watching." (This amused me alot, because we lived on a farm and since my father owned it but worked for less then ten hours, this made him either a genius or a madman. I'm happy to report he was both.) In the early twentieth century, there was a glass factory and a train station, but after the factory exploded industry pretty much stopped. You can still find glass if you dig in the right area.
I'm a big history buff, and this just delights me. Our local militia are the nicest gentlemen you'll ever meet, and you never see a man return to boyhood quite the same way as they do when they get to fire off their cannon. Which they do in period uniforms.
The winters are hard and long. Deep snow on April Fools is not uncommon, and while it has already snowed this year, none of it has stuck yet. We usually
The only way it could be better is if my family had lived here longer than one generation. I'd love to find ancestors while wandering around in graveyards.
I took this photograph myself. I know that's more than you ever wanted to know about the town formerly known as Salem-Canada, but I have two loves in this life, and this one didn't just propose to a douche.
Also, I'm pretty sure there's vampires here. -^.~- Cold, impersonal, New England vampires.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:50 am
Welcome to Chicopee, Massachussetts.
Population: who gives a crap

This city is home to the biggest group of conformists you would ever see in your life. Oh, and what better way to enjoy your afternoon in a park under the moonlight than by a good old fashioned group of people telling you to get lost. Oh, and the gothic population would blow your mind! We have a total of no gothic people whatsoever in this city. So come on down to Chicopee, where originality means nothing! Yee hah!

I was speaking sarcastically. Oh, and ignore that last word as I think I may have gotten into the part a little too well. I cannot complain really about my city except that it is a hive of conformists. The city's air is good, the schools are... okay, I suppose. sweatdrop

I hate where I live stare  

xX Lord Despair Xx

5,100 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0

The Goth Apple

Dapper Dabbler

14,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:48 pm
d00med wanderer
I couldn't tell.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:09 pm
I live in a certain snow filled city with horrible excuses for sports teams in Western New York State with a minimal geek/otaku/furry/whatever population and literally no goth or alternative community whatsoever. Lots of old hideous buildings that are unused, full of pests and posing a health issue, and instead of having any nice shops or anything, we have pizza places. EVERYWHERE. Might sound like a good thing to you, but I feel my arteries clogging just walking the streets here. And your lungs blackening, too. I don't think anyone here knows what global warming is.  

Sulphuric

SADERR

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:43 pm
The Goth Apple
d00med wanderer
I couldn't tell.

Mhm, the acting was quite good. Never woulda geussed.
xD  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:44 am
Jonathonn
Welcome to Windsor, Ontario, Canada.
Population 250,000

A crowded city, bordering Detroit Michigan. We assure you that you will always be in the lovely sight of drug dealers, drunks, and other scum while travelling through the downtown area of our city.

Hm..Not much to b***h about my city, actually.
Sure, we have a lot of disturbing people in the downtown area, but so does everyone. Our city is filled with interesting art, from statues on the river, murales downtown, to beautiful graffiti tucked away in alleys. And we have quite a few highschools, the one I go to happens to focus on the arts, and it's amazingly friendly, and whatnot else. So that is nice, ofcourse.

So, as much as I would like to b***h about my city, about the strike in our city with city workers (All the city workers were on strike a while ago, garbage men inncluded. -.-'), about the horrid stench of the unclean air, and whatnot else, I am reminded that all these big cities are like this, and it is home.

So, it's a horrid unclean polluted dangerous city, but it's my horrid unclean polluted dangerous city. (Wow, that was Hallmark lame).

And I've actually never heard of Kirkland, Underworks.
What city is it close to I might know of?
its about 3 hours away from Timmins or Sudbury. And yes... over here we measure distance in boring car hours in the bush at around 70 mph.  

the_underworks

the_underworks

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:51 am
The Goth Apple

My mind boggles at you complaining about your town being small. The population of my town is 1,624.
And I love it. I've lived here my entire life and I want to die here. If I ever reproduce, I want to raise my children here. I want to be buried in one of them when I go. There are five well-sized graveyards in the town limits. Most of the houses are over a hundred years old, and the town is just rich with history.
It was founded in 1736 under the name Salem-Canada, which was later changed. It had this name because the founders were from Salem and were granted the land for their work in the war with Canada. During the industrial revolution, alot of girls who worked on farms and in orchards resented the fact that if they went to work in the factory they only had to work ten hours a day, and they wanted the same conditions on the farms. To which the mayor responded, "Any farmer who can finish his work in ten hours is either a genius or a madman, and either way he bears watching." (This amused me alot, because we lived on a farm and since my father owned it but worked for less then ten hours, this made him either a genius or a madman. I'm happy to report he was both.) In the early twentieth century, there was a glass factory and a train station, but after the factory exploded industry pretty much stopped. You can still find glass if you dig in the right area.
I'm a big history buff, and this just delights me. Our local militia are the nicest gentlemen you'll ever meet, and you never see a man return to boyhood quite the same way as they do when they get to fire off their cannon. Which they do in period uniforms.
The winters are hard and long. Deep snow on April Fools is not uncommon, and while it has already snowed this year, none of it has stuck yet. We usually
The only way it could be better is if my family had lived here longer than one generation. I'd love to find ancestors while wandering around in graveyards.
I took this photograph myself. I know that's more than you ever wanted to know about the town formerly known as Salem-Canada, but I have two loves in this life, and this one didn't just propose to a douche.
Also, I'm pretty sure there's vampires here. -^.~- Cold, impersonal, New England vampires.
I personally prefer the motropol to the country. Even then I don't judge a town by it's size. Come to Kirkland Lake at you will understand the hatefulness of this miserable town.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:02 pm
I live in a town in Tennessee, if I remember right the population is around 3000. The town is basically composed of broken down trailers, Dollar stores, some old factories, a Save-a-lot, a Walmart, and a TON of churches... So there's not a lot of options here for your future to say the least. :XP:
Many of the people (But not all of course) are pretty much the stereotypical 'Redneck'.... Sadly it seems that my generation is far far worse.

Though there are a lot of forest areas and animals, so if you like nature it is pretty nice in that regard. surprised  

Awesome Akwardness

Whisper Gently

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:54 pm
Bum ******** Egypt.
It takes me half an hour to get anywhere close to the city.
It's in middle of the dessert, but the nudist hotsprings is only a few miles away. biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:21 pm
Los Angeles.

It's one whole big metropolitan area with nothing really isolated from anything else in the county. In the metro area, there are around 13 million people.

Not all of these following things apply to everywhere, but here's something....

Good points: Lots of diversity (not as much as New York, but still a great amount), interesting history because it used to belong to the Spanish, lots to do for everyone, can be fun and exciting, varied architecture, we have some great universities/colleges down and around here, ect...

Bad points: traffic, smog, traffic, summer heat, crime downtown, earthquakes, everything is so spread out you need a car, the public transport, ect...

Overall, there's something very appealing and something very unappealing about LA. I really like it, but it can be revolting at times. I feel differently about it every day. Different parts make different impressions on me. I've gotta acknowledge them all.  

Henneth Annun
Captain

Whisper Gently

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:55 pm
XWraith_LordX
Los Angeles.

It's one whole big metropolitan area with nothing really isolated from anything else in the county. In the metro area, there are around 13 million people.

Not all of these following things apply to everywhere, but here's something....

Good points: Lots of diversity (not as much as New York, but still a great amount), interesting history because it used to belong to the Spanish, lots to do for everyone, can be fun and exciting, varied architecture, we have some great universities/colleges down and around here, ect...

Bad points: traffic, smog, traffic, summer heat, crime downtown, earthquakes, everything is so spread out you need a car, the public transport, ect...

Overall, there's something very appealing and something very unappealing about LA. I really like it, but it can be revolting at times. I feel differently about it every day. Different parts make different impressions on me. I've gotta acknowledge them all.

I live in Apple Valley if you know where that is.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff