Submit

Modern fantasy
  ..booyah!
View Results

dragontamer363
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:40 am
howdy howdy.
(i'm supposed to be wirting an essay, so i'll make this brief lol)

I had an idea for a roleplay, art project, comic thingy -whatever,and iwondered if you guys wanted to get in on it, since a lot of people here have fantasy characters of some description.
I also may be offering a prize or something if it comes down to an art-thingy.

The idea is basically taking fantasy characters out of the traditional medieval setting and sticking them in the modern world.
Not so much as in our modern world, but more like the fantasy world if it was moved on a few hundred years.
(eg 900 years)
(jesus, i study stuff form the 1100s..i've only just realised that was 900 years ago. AWESOME. feels like yesterday when i study it -haha)
-ahem-

so yeah - you interested?
I'm thinking fo making an rp for it, but maybe trying something new and focusing on dice - roleplay. we'll see about that.... maybe just a normal rp.

also - I challenge you: if you have a 'medival' fantasy character, why not have a go at transforming him/her/it into a modern fantasy counterpart - either thorugh their character sheet or art.
the most impressive/unique gets a prize! biggrin

Looking forward to your comments :3

[also a note to vampressleona and moon : I really want to join your lunasol rp, but i'm genuinely completely stuck for a character idea, but i hate rping pre-mades. I wondered if anyone has any suggestions?]  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:24 am
That sounds like fun!
I'd definitely join, I just have to make a fantasy character since the only ones I have are elementals and already modern.

I love drawing RPs and I've had a couple friends try to start them with me IRL but after the one I was in that I slowly started uploading on deviantart none of them can keep up with my pace. We passed that notebook around three to four times a day using the hour and a half class periods to scribble something down.

I don't expect a drawing RP to be fast paced.
I'm just saying I'd love to join one. :3
(I just realized you only say comic in there once.
I guess it just stuck in my mind because that's what I thought you wanted to try, rather than the roleplay idea itself.)

I don't know if I'm too keen on dice though.
I've never done it but I'd try it, I suppose.  

Zizzykitty
Crew

0Moon_Maiden0

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:32 am
eek > whee

Ooooo....this sounds fun!

And I've been meaning to put up a folder on DA of characters I use (or want to use) in the RP.

Now....as for a sin a LunaSol character you could use.

There could be a person who was so kind and never expressed displeasure. Thus one day she/he is sent over the edge which gives 'birth' to their counter part that's lets you know when their pissed while the oringinal continues to hide their feelings.

The sin I was thinking of was anger/wrath. Perhaps the counterpart is abusive and likes S&M? lol  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:34 am
hmn, well drawing rps are very new to me BUT perhaps something like at the weekend of the traditional rp we rp through drawings - or we pick a specific scene and drawing rp it then?

dice rp is quite simple in form, basically the dice takes over for consequence sof action (usually in combat) and you react to it.
it adds a little extra life at times.

So to explain i'll use an example I did this week when we were doing vampire masquerade (which is a more real life/ table top rp thingy but hey-ho)

My character tristen was in a painball match with some other crazy vampires (don't ask! lol). but since she goes crazy over art she started going a bit mental and shooting everyone to make 'pretty patterns'.
The storyteller noticed this and asked me to roll a dice (according to my stats, though in the rp i'd make it's be much easier).
because Tristen's self control was so low stat-wise, it meant that the dice roll decided that Tristen would 'frenzy' (ie go apeshit and try to kill everyone with her paintball gun).
I didn't expect this at all, so it was a very cool rp moment since my character lost all control and was at the mercy of the other characters.
Tristen ended up getting incapacitated and dragged off to heal at someone's house.

Another example would be rolling a dice to see how much you perceive.

for example (again the same rp) if someone uses magic to trya nd see something (like strange auras on a person ro whatever), you roll a dice to see if you're successful. high number - successful and see lots fo information, low number = unsuccessful or only see a few things.
your character then has to act off the information they gathered.

Finally teh most simple form of dice rolling is in combat. basically you roll to decide how successful you are at taking a shot, etc.  

dragontamer363
Crew

dragontamer363
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:35 am
0Moon_Maiden0
eek > whee

And I've been meaning to put up a folder on DA of characters I use (or want to use) in the RP.

There could be a person who was so kind and never expressed displeasure. Thus one day she/he is sent over the edge which gives 'birth' to their counter part that's lets you know when their pissed while the oringinal continues to hide their feelings.

The sin I was thinking of was anger/wrath. Perhaps the counterpart is abusive and likes S&M? lol

haha that sounds awesome!
dude I must mAke a character for that twisted  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:40 am
dragontamer363
0Moon_Maiden0
eek > whee

haha that sounds awesome!
dude I must mAke a character for that twisted

Yay-I was useful!  

0Moon_Maiden0

dragontamer363
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:44 am
My dear, you're always useful
3nodding

So it looks like I'm going to have to work on some rps, eh?
*looks morosely at my essay*
huzzah for procrastination! s'long as the essay plan gets done today i'm all good, so no worries -lol
9after all gaia keeps me form going insane XD)

-ahem-

so the modern fantasy rp is a go, then?

moon, what do you think of zizzy's idea of a visual rp bit occasionally?  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:56 am
I wouldn't mind trying it out.  

0Moon_Maiden0

dragontamer363
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:59 am
Coolio biggrin

now to figure out what fantasy characters to use...

obviously i have to use Craban, that's practically the law ( whee )
the real question is, do i trot out dara(craba's boyfriend and archer), Lucifer (madge) or Long(dragon) or felix 9moonmaw), or just stick with craban....hmm
felix is a littel complicated so I'd probably leave him out. ( sad )  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:02 am
Weee......CRABAN!! He's become one of my favorite Night Elves ever!  

0Moon_Maiden0

dragontamer363
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:08 am
Tee hee -yaaay! (mine too :3)

on deviantart i found an 'age meme' where you draw your characters at age 3, 13, 19, and 25

though craban ages different being an elfy dude, i still want to do this for him methinks. since he changes so much over time.
(also since i decided that he keeps cutting his hair shorter and shorter lol)

oh if only i could find time for this stuff ><

p.s - i mailed off my character/s to vampiress :3
*jumps up and down*
i wanna rp nooooooow!
*is all excited after reading up on what yu two were rping* lol  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:47 pm
haha this will be fun. Just read everything here, and yea I could so create a fantasy character....attempting to put them into the modern world may be slightly difficult if we are talking "their" modern world compared to ours....cuz...how far has society evolved? lol

I need parameters...I dont work well with a lot of open ends because then I have a lot of questions.

Off topic- in LunaSol, I am going to start moving it out of the original town because the hunt for the 'medallion' must commence and therefore I will be posting pictures of the scenery as the characters move. Because of this and updates on the front page we can pull new characters into the story from other towns or country who are on similar paths or against it. So on and so forth.  

VampressLeona

dragontamer363
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:22 am
cool smile

and yes don't worry, i'm rattling my brainbox for getting a summary of the world setting and important recent political events etc done. it might take a few days but hopefully it'll make things easier smile  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:38 pm
dragontamer363
and focusing on dice - roleplay.

User Image

*rolls 20-sided die*
*lands on ********!!! scream

lol, srry, couldnt resist >_<  

xylert

450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

dragontamer363
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:57 am
lol XD

i'm in a live-roleplay at uni...is it pathetic that i'm getting all excited about my d10 dice arriving form ebay? 0o  
*~Purple Moonlight Haze~*

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games