Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Graphic Makers [TGM]

Back to Guilds

A guild where graphic designers / webpage builders can enjoy each others company. 

Tags: graphic, profile, web design, photoshop, design 

Reply The Graphic Makers
Gimp Tools?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Eidolon Style

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:33 pm
Are there any shape tools on gimp like in PAINT where you can make simple straight lines or simple shapes like circles and squares?  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:37 am
There isn't a specific tool to do that, but there is a way.

To make a straight line, take the paintbrush tool, select a circular brush, click on the canvas, hold shift, and click on another point in the canvas. Straight line.

To make a circle or square, choose either the circle or square tool and draw the outline on the canvas. Then, at the top of the canvas, click "edit" and then "stroke selection" and choose a line width and hit okay.

Hope that helps!

Captain Kiza Pirate

miiimic

400 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:36 pm
G r a p e y m a n g o -
There isn't a specific tool to do that, but there is a way.

To make a straight line, take the paintbrush tool, select a circular brush, click on the canvas, hold shift, and click on another point in the canvas. Straight line.

To make a circle or square, choose either the circle or square tool and draw the outline on the canvas. Then, at the top of the canvas, click "edit" and then "stroke selection" and choose a line width and hit okay.

Hope that helps!
Sorry to deffer, but yes, there is. It's been in GIMP for quite a long time now, it just ain't that visible.

Squares, Circles and straight lines can be done like Grapey Mango said right above me, but what when it comes to figures with more than 4 sides, or a triangle. There is a way to make a perfet triangle, star, among others in GIMP. rolleyes

Can't blame you guys though, it's not that visbile.

In order to create other shapes like triangles, starts, among others, just go to Filters -> Renders -> GFig.

smile It creates geometrical shapes in case you didn't knew. <3

This is just another way to proove, GIMP has potential unknown to many people rofl
been using 2 years GIMP, it should be worth it right? rofl

-GIO

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:48 pm
Oh! I didn't know that! Thank you so much for pointing that out - it's much easier than the method I've been using. <333

Thanks again! That really is a HUGE help. *:

Captain Kiza Pirate

oxo__p a p e r crane

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:05 pm
I've been using GIMP for two years too
well more like one, since I didn't touch it for a year
but I never knew that ~
That makes things easier, thankies Bright 8D <3

-clings to kiza-

The Graphic Makers

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff