Welcome to Gaia! ::

~*The Surreal Sanctuary*~

Back to Guilds

This guild is a safe haven for the literate of Gaia. It is a hang-out where otakus, writers, readers, artists, and musicians can have fun. 

Tags: anime, roleplay, writer, books, gold 

Reply •◘•The Readers' Haven•◘•
Favorite Fantasy Novel?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

--Bello-Diavolo--

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:20 am
Hey all! What would you say is the best fantasy novel you've ever read?

Mine happens to be fairly recent with Patrick Rothfuss' first novel 'The Name of the Wind'. An AMAZING book. Anyone who is a fan of J.R.R. Tolkein or Harry Turtledove won't be able to put it down! I can't wait til the next in the series is released so I can get my fix. 'Til then I guess I just have to settle for a reread.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:35 pm
Hm... my all-time favorite has to be Guardians of Ga'hoole, even though I first started reading it so long ago... xD;; I just love it too much; it's one of those good old childhood memories, you know?

But I also have a weakness for dragons... and I LOVE the Inheritance Cycle.  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

Irishroseh
Crew

Aekea Athlete

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:57 pm
Anything Dianne Wynne Jones(:  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:25 pm
Weakness for Dragons you say? Awesome, then I know one buyer for a book me and a friend are going to pen. biggrin

As for me, what got me into fantasy for the most part was Mercedes Lackey's The Last Herald-Mage trilogy. That and Discworld, but the former's a little more serious, and I happen to love Vanyel as a protagonist.  

Virgil Lifeson
Crew

Irishroseh
Crew

Aekea Athlete

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:56 am

I never really much got into her Last Herald-Mage books, I like her Five Hundred Kingdoms series though.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:06 pm
Virgil Lifeson
Weakness for Dragons you say? Awesome, then I know one buyer for a book me and a friend are going to pen. biggrin

As for me, what got me into fantasy for the most part was Mercedes Lackey's The Last Herald-Mage trilogy. That and Discworld, but the former's a little more serious, and I happen to love Vanyel as a protagonist.

Ooh, what are you and your friend writing?  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

LonelySilverHanyou

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:24 pm
Mercedes Lackney's Burning Brightly 4laugh It is a part of her Valdermar series.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:52 pm

Sara Douglass' The Wayfarer Redemption series, hands down. You haven't read an epic fantasy until you've read those.

Talon StarDrifter
Crew

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100
•◘•The Readers' Haven•◘•

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers