Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Graphic Makers [TGM]

Back to Guilds

A guild where graphic designers / webpage builders can enjoy each others company. 

Tags: graphic, profile, web design, photoshop, design 

Reply The Graphic Makers
Adobe Illustrator

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

usaginano

Fluffy Bunny

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:29 pm
Hi everyone! It's been awhile since I've posted - college keeps me super busy. redface
( procrastinating on an English essay due tomorrow as we speak xD )

In my D. Design class which is going over the basics and some in depth work for multiple programs we're working on a self-portrait project for AI and I am having some issues with it.

Does anyone have any good tips for the program? Starting out has been really hard, especially making lines which aren't so mechanical. I really want to learn more and work with the program later on so hopefully I can become comfortable with it if I need to.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:20 pm
Lar-uhh: I don't really use illustrator trhough i could just download it, i haven;t. Though if I'm not mistaken you can use guides in Illustrator, like in photoshop, and that'll help you a lot. Also, try hitting the CTRL key when making paths P:

All the advice I can give you without using it >_>

miiimic

400 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0

Janviarius

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:28 pm
I'm just learning it this week, and it's a real pain. But I'm sure I'll get use to it once I become familiar with everything. So, I have no real advice, but the usual of just keep fiddling around. Good luck!  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:36 am
The best thing about Illustrator is that you can manipulate your lines, shapes, text, almost anything. I would suggest getting a book about illustrator and look at the basics for it. Another thing is that when you make vector art, it doesnt print out pixelated and it can work with photoshop and indesign. I would say that Illustrator is the best program if you want things to work your way. So you can just go to a bookstore and check out the adobe illustrator books there. They should have some in Barnes and Nobles or Borders.  

Paine_Lovely128

600 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

rtfct

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:51 am
Use Inkscape!

Illustrator is designed to give you headaches!  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:55 pm
wow don't have any Adobe illustrator

@offtopic
can anyone give me a download link -.- that is free  

Broken_Melody_ FX

1,050 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100

War Star666

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:10 pm
The pen tool will become a close friend of yours when you get the hang of illustrator. It may take some time gettting used too, but you will get the hang of it after messing around with it.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:03 am
Artifect
Use Inkscape!

Illustrator is designed to give you headaches!
Wow, you're all about Inkscape. :/
Your work with it is great, but that doesn't mean everyone will be good with it. Some people actually learn how to use the big, expensive programs.
This is also for her class, not for free time. She needs to use AI. rolleyes

I haven't learned Illustrator, so I have no advice to give.  

Vixenoire

The Graphic Makers

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff