Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sailor Moon / / The Gaian Senshi

Back to Guilds

Info, Skits, Coseplay, Games, Roleplaying, Much More. 

Tags: Sailor moon, Sailor scouts, Information, Acting, Roleplaying 

Reply Sailor Moon Free Chat (Chatter Box, General Discussion)
I've got the Sailor Moon theme song in my head :XD Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which do you watch?
  English Version
  Japanese version with subtitles <3
View Results

Hidden_Amaranth

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:55 pm
Best part is, its the Japanese version, and I don't even speak Japanese xd

Do you guys watch the English version or the version in Japanese with English subtitles? (I grew up watching the English version, but... thank you internet: I have been watching the Japanese versions with English subtitles lately. Its much better, of course. xd *Glomps Usagi-Chan*

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:09 pm
I used to love the english version... that is until I watched the Japanese version. Now whenever I hear the English it just annoys me.

Especially the lyrics to the English theme song. gonk  

Blackdemondreams
Captain

Shadowy Citizen

12,350 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

JesstheOtaku

Invisible Sweetheart

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:56 pm
I watch the Japanese one ^^ I can almost understand it. *is taking Japanese*  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:24 pm
I've gotten used to the Japanese version. The English theme song is catchy in its own way, but it's hard to compare the two. One is a superhero ballad, the other is a song about a teenage girl in love. I suppose there's a lot of commentary to be made about the differences that illustrates in our cultures and what we tend to focus on. But meh. I like them both. (Sayonara wa Dance no Ato Ni is pretty too!)

Gotta be honest, though, I don't like the anime as much after reading the manga. It was like when I went from the NA version to the Japanese version all over again. I can't go back. razz  

Yume_Silvermoon

4,900 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200

Blackdemondreams
Captain

Shadowy Citizen

12,350 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:49 am
Yume_Silvermoon
I've gotten used to the Japanese version. The English theme song is catchy in its own way, but it's hard to compare the two. One is a superhero ballad, the other is a song about a teenage girl in love. I suppose there's a lot of commentary to be made about the differences that illustrates in our cultures and what we tend to focus on. But meh. I like them both. (Sayonara wa Dance no Ato Ni is pretty too!)

Gotta be honest, though, I don't like the anime as much after reading the manga. It was like when I went from the NA version to the Japanese version all over again. I can't go back. razz

I feel the same way. The manga has way more substance. But the anime will always be close to my heart. lol!  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:46 am
Blackdemondreams
Yume_Silvermoon

I feel the same way. The manga has way more substance. But the anime will always be close to my heart. lol!

I know what you mean. It was my first... <3  

Yume_Silvermoon

4,900 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200

Hypatia Star
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:04 pm
I liked watching the dub made by DiC when I was a kid, everything after that I couldn't stand. the original (Japanese) version is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay better though, it's like a whole different show.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:04 pm
sailor moon star song(last season)
The power of love(First movie)  

Star Struck Princess

Yume_Silvermoon

4,900 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:50 am
Ooh! I almost forgot La Soldier from Seramyu. Awesome song. biggrin (I don't know if it's really a "theme song" per se, but they sang it at the end of several musicals and it was very popular.)  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:45 pm
Blackdemondreams
I used to love the english version... that is until I watched the Japanese version. Now whenever I hear the English it just annoys me.

I totally agree. *dies*  

Hidden_Amaranth

Blackdemondreams
Captain

Shadowy Citizen

12,350 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:21 am
Hidden_Amaranth
Blackdemondreams

I totally agree. *dies*

LOL! I have to see the musical sometime though. I've seen parts of it and it looks really good.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:28 pm
Blackdemondreams
Hidden_Amaranth
Blackdemondreams

I totally agree. *dies*

LOL! I have to see the musical sometime though. I've seen parts of it and it looks really good.

If you see one, I'd definitely recommend either Eien Densetsu or Starlights ~ Ryuusei Densetsu. (But maybe that's my inner Shitennou fangirl talking... X3 ) First stage had the best Beryl and Galaxia, IMO.
I looked on Youtube and they have parts of it! Here's a video of Drive Me the Mercury (aka "Mercury/Zoisite Dancefight Smackdown"): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkbOK6-Cc6E&feature=related  

Yume_Silvermoon

4,900 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200

SG Sailor Comet

7,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:32 pm
i watched the first four seasons in engish and the fifth season in Japanese. im more into the japanese better (:  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:49 pm
Rhythm Heaven Freak
i watched the first four seasons in engish and the fifth season in Japanese. im more into the japanese better (:

I agree it's waaaay better.  

Blackdemondreams
Captain

Shadowy Citizen

12,350 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

srv1025

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:26 am
Yume_Silvermoon

I totally agree with that! I grew up with the english version but now i prefer to watch the sub version. Thats why I want the second season is the original version that ADV put out, I have the first season ( found it for $100) but the second eludes me because i'm broke crying  
Sailor Moon Free Chat (Chatter Box, General Discussion)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games