Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Republican Guild of Gaia [A Big Tent Republican Guild]

Back to Guilds

A Political-Debate Guild Aimed at Republican Users. 

Tags: republican, conservative, debate, politics, moderate 

Reply The Republican Guild of Gaia
legalize POT Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

goodshot911SNK

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:43 pm
i think we should legalize pot this is a continuation of a chat in the prisons forum  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:50 am
In controlled settings I think it could work. Medicinal marijuana should be legal no matter what.  

Lord Bitememan
Captain

Latopazora

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:46 pm
like through the pharmacy. Its the people who go dancing around in weed suits that make me not want to support them.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:23 pm
Lord Bitememan
In controlled settings I think it could work. Medicinal marijuana should be legal no matter what.

that is what i mean it could work is what I'm saying i mean its better than anything ells like cigarettes that are addictive and harder to get of then heroin and alcohol can make you violent irrational and is addictive as well as impairs your decisions severely and causes severe liver damage and DEATH

and with pot its bad for your lungs like cigarettes but alittle more its your choice its non addictive you can not over dose you are mentally stable peaceful and hungry sleepy that's all i don't think you should drive while under the influence but a high man i don't think would endless he wanted taco bell and well it dose not impair your decisions just makes you high its not very safe but if pot was legal and we clearly stated you can not drive while using pot I'm sure they wont  

goodshot911SNK

Semiremis

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:29 pm
It should be legalized.

It's pretty abhorrent to deny it for medicinal purposes especially since it couldn't even hold its own against many of the drugs we dish out to patients who need them (there are some with pretty nasty side affects). For example, methotrexate killed a priest in my area, one of its side affects is liver damage, apparently he didn't get blood work done enough so the doctors weren't aware of how badly it was affecting him. To be this puts everything into perspective and really makes it seem stupid to deny someone medical marijuana if it could help improve their quality of life. Sometimes people just don't think.

I don't see the problem with allowing it to be used for recreational purposes either. It's one of those things that we need to commit to either one way or another. Ban the consumption of alcohol, maybe smoking as well and force a healthy lifestyle on all, or just let them be as long as it's not hurting others.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:46 am
goodshot911SNK
Lord Bitememan

that is what i mean it could work is what I'm saying i mean its better than anything ells like cigarettes that are addictive and harder to get of then heroin and alcohol can make you violent irrational and is addictive as well as impairs your decisions severely and causes severe liver damage and DEATH

and with pot its bad for your lungs like cigarettes but alittle more its your choice its non addictive you can not over dose you are mentally stable peaceful and hungry sleepy that's all i don't think you should drive while under the influence but a high man i don't think would endless he wanted taco bell and well it dose not impair your decisions just makes you high its not very safe but if pot was legal and we clearly stated you can not drive while using pot I'm sure they wont

Alcohol is legal and everyone knows you should not drive, but people still do. So your last sentence has no logical sense to it.  

Pumona

Pumona

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:51 am
For medicinal purposes it should be allowed, but there really is no good reason to legalize pot. I'm sorry but I do believe, why encourage other issues to start.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:34 am
goodshot911SNK
that is what i mean it could work is what I'm saying i mean its better than anything ells like cigarettes that are addictive and harder to get of then heroin

Heroine is more addicting than cigarettes... ever hear of crack babies? They are babies that are born addicted to heroin because their mother took it during pregnancy, they come out an odd color, and usually weaker than the average baby. Many people are robbed, sometimes murdered, by addicts that need their fix-- I rarely hear of this with cigarettes.

Quote:
alcohol can make you violent irrational and is addictive as well as impairs your decisions severely and causes severe liver damage and DEATH

And? In controlled situations alcohol is not as bad as you think.

Quote:
pot is alittle more its your choice its non addictive you can not over dose you are mentally stable peaceful and hungry sleepy

This is not true. Pot can be just as addicting as cigarettes and alcohol. The use of pot releases the chemical dopamine (I think this is the right one) into the brain-- dopamine is the same chemical that is released when we do things that pleasure us (video games, win a game, altruistic works), essentially the release of dopamine causes your brain to feel pleasure whilst taking pot. The brain then seeks pot to get this flow of dopamine-- and as it becomes more used to it an increased amount is needed to get the same feeling.

Quote:
that's all i don't think you should drive while under the influence but a high man i don't think would endless he wanted taco bell and well it dose not impair your decisions just makes you high its not very safe but if pot was legal and we clearly stated you can not drive while using pot I'm sure they wont

People who drink alcohol still drink and drive knowing they shouldn't. Also, high people can be JUST AS violent, irrational, and have impaired judgments.

I'm for legalizing marijuana in controlled situations-- maybe in some convenient stores and something like a Hookah Lounge... but your statements are quite arbitrary to reality.

The legalization of pot could result in more money for the government for two reasons; less people in prison, the sales can be taxed.

I also believe that crime rates may go down a bit-- instead of going to a dealer, one would be going to a store. The price of marijuana would drop as it would not be so monopolized and secretive, and corporations and jobs could be made for the growth, manufacturing, and selling of marijuana. I really see few downfalls to the legalization of marijuana, and the end of the "war on drugs"  

Rainbowfied Mouse
Vice Captain

6,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Wall Street 200

Ruyashie

4,300 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:56 pm
Rainbowfied Mouse
goodshot911SNK
that is what i mean it could work is what I'm saying i mean its better than anything ells like cigarettes that are addictive and harder to get of then heroin

Heroine is more addicting than cigarettes... ever hear of crack babies? They are babies that are born addicted to heroin because their mother took it during pregnancy, they come out an odd color, and usually weaker than the average baby. Many people are robbed, sometimes murdered, by addicts that need their fix-- I rarely hear of this with cigarettes.

Quote:
alcohol can make you violent irrational and is addictive as well as impairs your decisions severely and causes severe liver damage and DEATH

And? In controlled situations alcohol is not as bad as you think.
I really see few downfalls to the legalization of marijuana, and the end of the "war on drugs"
Quote:
pot is alittle more its your choice its non addictive you can not over dose you are mentally stable peaceful and hungry sleepy

This is not true. Pot can be just as addicting as cigarettes and alcohol. The use of pot releases the chemical dopamine (I think this is the right one) into the brain-- dopamine is the same chemical that is released when we do things that pleasure us (video games, win a game, altruistic works), essentially the release of dopamine causes your brain to feel pleasure whilst taking pot. The brain then seeks pot to get this flow of dopamine-- and as it becomes more used to it an increased amount is needed to get the same feeling.

Quote:
that's all i don't think you should drive while under the influence but a high man i don't think would endless he wanted taco bell and well it dose not impair your decisions just makes you high its not very safe but if pot was legal and we clearly stated you can not drive while using pot I'm sure they wont

People who drink alcohol still drink and drive knowing they shouldn't. Also, high people can be JUST AS violent, irrational, and have impaired judgments.

I'm for legalizing marijuana in controlled situations-- maybe in some convenient stores and something like a Hookah Lounge... but your statements are quite arbitrary to reality.

The legalization of pot could result in more money for the government for two reasons; less people in prison, the sales can be taxed.

I also believe that crime rates may go down a bit-- instead of going to a dealer, one would be going to a store. The price of marijuana would drop as it would not be so monopolized and secretive, and corporations and jobs could be made for the growth, manufacturing, and selling of marijuana. I really see few downfalls to the legalization of marijuana, and the end of the "war on drugs"

Quote:
I really see few downfalls to the legalization of marijuana, and the end of the "war on drugs"
The war on drugs would not end just because of the legalization of marijuana. If we look for the definition on War on Drugs, we get
Quote:
"The definition includes cannabis, cocaine, heroin, methamphetamine, and otherwise-legal pharmaceuticals if they are obtained by illegal means or used for non-medicinal purposes."
If we ever did legalize cannabis, we would still have to deal with cocaine, heroin, methamphetamine, plus we would have the problem of pharmaceutical drugs being sold for illegal purposes.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:33 pm
Quote:
Quote:
The war on drugs would not end just because of the legalization of marijuana. If we look for the definition on War on Drugs, we get
Quote:
"The definition includes cannabis, cocaine, heroin, methamphetamine, and otherwise-legal pharmaceuticals if they are obtained by illegal means or used for non-medicinal purposes."
If we ever did legalize cannabis, we would still have to deal with cocaine, heroin, methamphetamine, plus we would have the problem of pharmaceutical drugs being sold for illegal purposes.

You realize that there are more pot users that most other drugs, correct? It would save us money for investigating and sending them to prison for the use/growth/selling/possession of weed.  

Rainbowfied Mouse
Vice Captain

6,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Wall Street 200

Ruyashie

4,300 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:41 am
Rainbowfied Mouse
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You realize that there are more pot users that most other drugs, correct? It would save us money for investigating and sending them to prison for the use/growth/selling/possession of weed.

Quote:
You realize that there are more pot users that most other drugs

Do you realize that theirs still alot of other drug abusers?
http://www.ncjrs.gov/htm/chapter2.htm  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:36 am
Ruyashie
Rainbowfied Mouse
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Yes, I do realize there are other drug abusers, but legalizing pot doesn't do much harm to society, and frees some budget of the government from imprisoning abusers/growers/possessors of pot.  

Rainbowfied Mouse
Vice Captain

6,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Wall Street 200

Ruyashie

4,300 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:23 pm
Rainbowfied Mouse
Ruyashie
Rainbowfied Mouse
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Yes, I do realize there are other drug abusers, but legalizing pot doesn't do much harm to society, and frees some budget of the government from imprisoning abusers/growers/possessors of pot.

Yes but what do you think will happen to the # of drug abusers?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:13 pm
Ruyashie
Yes but what do you think will happen to the # of drug abusers?

The pot [drug] abusers would decrease, as it's not illegal any longer, and the other drugs will probably go down now that there is a public drug that is available for use, only the addicts and thrill seekers will go for the illegal ones. The government doesn't have to worry about pot users anymore, and can put more focus on the hard drugs like heroine.  

Rainbowfied Mouse
Vice Captain

6,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Wall Street 200

Voidangel Malarchiel

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:52 am
As said above.

We waste billions of dollars a year combating drugs and billions more to support the overflowing prison system filled with junkies when we need the space for real problems.

legalize it and then tax the stuff (though i'm generally against taxation)

you raise billions in revenue from the tax and cash save, and you have less of a prison problem.

you put mexican drug lords out of business and reduce gang wars based on it.  
The Republican Guild of Gaia

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff