Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Brian Froud

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

whiporwill-o

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:37 am
how do you feel about his portrayal or faeries, goblins, imps and the other creatures he illustrates (or the books he illustrates for [i can't think of any specific title or authors, atm). i personally love his art, but i have always wondered just how accurate his images are. i'm sure he puts his own little spin on certain things, but i just wanted some opinions. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:33 pm
I like the Froud's.

Much of the Froud's artwork goes a long way to showing the original stories and cultural origins of the various spirits they portray - and definetely not all of them are positive, or even cute or attractive. Many of them are malicious, spiteful, or outright terrifying to look at, and even the cute little ones are twisted, misshapen, and imperfect. There's a balance there, between dark and light, and no attempt to imprint human morality on them. They simply are what they are.

Aside from this, I am very very indifferent to the twee-a-boo 'OOh shiny' F---- community out there. I haven't ever understood it, since actual F-- are things I strive to avoid, and do not want near me.  

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

GoddessAttuned

Mind-boggling Fatcat

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:44 pm
To be completely honest. I have no idea who this man is.
@__@'

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:49 pm
I think his artwork is wonderful. I agree with Morg that he seems to do a better job than most of at least trying to show them a bit more realistically.  

ncsweet
Crew

Yanueh

Shameless Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:33 am
I remember him as the guy they hired to create concept art for The Dark Crystal. I liked. razz  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:03 pm
Oh wow! =O

Last year I was looking at one of his books in my Art class. I was really interested in it because I saw the Green Man and such. I had no idea that was purposely done. lol

Anyway I really like his art, and I agree with the whole "they're not all cute and cuddly" as is the common view of fairies.  

Talesofbiro

GoddessAttuned

Mind-boggling Fatcat

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:04 pm
Oh goodness I feel so silly now. I thought I had no idea whom this man was, but when I searched him his artwork seemed very familiar to me.
And then it hit me when I walked into my private room, " He's the fellow who did the artwork for my calander for 2009." Hahaha I picked that calander because the artwork seemed to accurate to what I beleive.
Now I am feel so silly.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:40 pm
iHecate
Oh goodness I feel so silly now. I thought I had no idea whom this man was, but when I searched him his artwork seemed very familiar to me.
And then it hit me when I walked into my private room, " He's the fellow who did the artwork for my calander for 2009." Hahaha I picked that calander because the artwork seemed to accurate to what I beleive.
Now I am feel so silly.

lol, i have those moments.  

whiporwill-o

RubyLight

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:00 pm
His work is awesome! biggrin I think it's much more accurate than other material currently published.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:26 pm
User Image

I absolutely love his work. He's a great fantasy artist.

User Image

And I love the work he did for the movie Labyrinth.

User Image

Katsumi Aki

GoddessAttuned

Mind-boggling Fatcat

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:33 pm
whiporwill-o
iHecate
Now I am feel so silly.

lol, i have those moments.

Oh goodness, don't we all.

*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games