Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:27 am
User Image

Kova'Rytmi let out a small yawn as he stretched his paws out from his family's den. He flicked his tail around a bit before he started to pad forward. A smile was on his face and his spirits were just as high as normal. It was early once more. However like normal he couldn't beat his parents to being awake. He loved his family but he didn't know how they always ended up being some of the first awake in the pride. But out of his siblings, he seemed to be the only one who didn't mind waking up early.

He trotted out of the den then looked around, he wanted to do something, he knew there had to be something to do around here. He made a small face before looking toward the drum circle. He squinted his eyes for a moment as he looked in that direction, a smile grew on his face as he realized it was his grandma. He giggled a bit as he took off in the direction that his relative was in. Even though they were in the same pride, for what ever reason he didn't get that much time to spend that much time with her. He smiled slightly as he trotted up to her and sat at the edges of the drum circle.

"Hi grandma!" He chirped as he settled back on his haunches, a large grin on his face. He was always a family person. He was really glad that most of his family was all in the same area too.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:04 pm
User Image

Isithunzi was up early today, and though she may have passed on her title of Umshayi, she still checked on the drum circle. Old habit, both from when she was a cub and in her time in the pride since its reformation. Though, Mawi and Kitambi kept it up well, and she had nothing much to do to the drums to ensure their wellbeing. Perhaps a few tweaks that had loosened up since the last time they were checked, but since it was all very slight, she could tell the two were on top of it.

A familiar voice pulled her from those thoughts. Isi immediately perked up and smiled at the boy approaching her. "Hey Kova!" The dark lioness called as she started to approach him. She gave him a nuzzle when she reached him. "How are you today?" she asked, wondering if he had plans for the day or whether or not the pair could hang out. She already had some ideas in mind of where to go, what to do if he decided to stick with her for the day.

Light Atago

Lupine Loiterer

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:45 pm
Kova was noticed his grandma checking out the drums. He knew that when he was first born his mother was just another member of the pride and his grandma was the Umshayi'Wesigubhu. However soon his mother took over the rank. But he wasn't that surprised to see his grandma down here doing her old job anyway. In fact it made him smile a bit. He loved his family and he was very glad that most of them lived here in the pride he was pretty glad to see his grandma around.

Kova leaned into her nuzzle before nipping at his grandma's nose before chuckling a bit, nuzzling her back and smiling. "Doing really good!" He giggled a bit, before nodding once more. "Kinda disappointed that I can never manage to beat my mom to being awake before her in the morning. He laughed a bit before nudging her once more, noticing that he had the same kind of ear makings like his grandma. "How are you today Grandma?" He asked looking with a grin on his face.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:22 pm
Isithunzi chuckled. "Good to hear that all is well with you. And I wouldn't be too disappointed, she even beats me to the world of the waking," Isithunzi said with a chuckle. "Not by much, but I'm usually up after her too." Taka, on the other hand... Isithunzi mused, those two got along so well, but Taka was hardly ever up early. Funny that they should be so similar in some ways, and so different in others. She supposed everyone was like that, though.

"I'm looking for something to keep me busy. Perhaps something brown and grandson-ish, if that certain something doesn't object to spending a day with his grandma?" Isithunzi suggested with a wink and a playful smile.

Light Atago

Lupine Loiterer

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:48 pm
Kova chuckled slightly before nodding toward his grandma. "Well It doesn't hurt to try some times." He laughed a bit at himself before flickking his tail around and looking toward the sun before back at his grandma. He stretched his limbs out a bit before looking at her with an excited face.

"I'd lvoe to spend a day with you grandma!" He bumped into her playfully befoe grinning ear to ear. "What do you want to do?" He asked curiously.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:41 pm
"Hmmm..." Isithunzi pondered what they could do while giving him a bump back. She turned her eyes skyward as she thought. "We could head down to the beach, or we could go for a little hunt..." She continued to ponder. "What would you like to do, Kova? Got any ideas?" She hadn't planned anything for the rest of the day, so she was kinda short on plans. "OOO!" She said suddenly, "or we could go fishing in the lake, a mix of the two!" Isi suggested.  

Light Atago

Lupine Loiterer

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:18 pm
Kova sat back more trying to think himself What did he want to do? He wans't even that sure himself. He looked at his grandma before his eyes started to light up at the idea. He loved to go fishing in the lake. It was something that his mother liked to take him to do as a cub. He would love to do it with his grandma. "Well. I think that sounds like a great idea." He grinned before trotting forward bumping her on his way before nipping at her ear. "Come on i'll race you." He smirked before he started to run in that direction.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:28 pm
Isithunzi was glad to have come up with an idea that her grandson also liked. The dark lioness flicked her ear after she got the nibble and rose to her feet. "You're on, but I have a sneaking suspicion that you'll win!" Isi raced as hard as a huntress could, she gave Kova a run for his money, no doubt. However, she started to slow down as they got close to the lake, and, as expected, he was in the lead near the end of the race. She remembered racing him as a cub and slowing down herself so he would win. She chuckled to herself quickly in-between breaths as she ran.  

Light Atago

Lupine Loiterer

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:14 pm
Kova looked at the older lioness before ginning a bit. "You never know! I'm more than sure that you still have a lot in your grandma Isi." He grinned at her he knew for a fact that his grandma wasn't as old as his other one was. He really missed Kirjava but he was really thankful to have Isi around." He was doing pretty good keeping up with is grandmother. He was in fact very right at the idea that she was also fast. He was laughting a bit himself before slowing down realizing that he won. He turned around and grinned widely at the older lioness. "You're fast!" He laughed before wandering over to her and bumpping his head against hers.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:04 pm
Still panting, Isithunzi bumped her head against her grandson's. She chuckled between breaths, "Thanks kiddo, seems I've still got a bit of a speed boost left in these legs," she said as she caught her breath, lifting up a paw to see how heavy it felt after that little sprint. Not bad, all things considered, she was quite pleased with herself.

"Alright," she said, turning her rose-eyes to the water. "Let's catch some fish! And then eat them!" She led the way at a gentle gait to the dark-sanded shore, slowly letting her paws get wet to sample the temperature before she decided it was perfect. Isi then jumped in as far as she could, watching to see if Kova was behind her.

Light Atago

Lupine Loiterer

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:48 pm
Kova looked at his grandmother before nudging her nose and nodding to her. "No problem, you're one of the fastest lionesses I've seen." He nodded to her before bumping his head against hers gently. He was really glad to spend some time with his grandmother. He couldn't help but to enjoy time with his family. There was so much of it in the pride and he loved them all.

As he watched the older lioness he was really hoping that he didn't tire her out too much. He grinned as he watched his grandma wander into the water, he wiggled his toes around on the sand, he was excited to get to practice his hunting. He looked at his grandma before starting to trot into the water, flicing his tail around as he did. "Sounds like a plan!" He laughed as he followed closely behind her.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:25 am
Isithunzi got into the water until it was up to her elbows before she stopped and turned to Kova. "Say, Mawi hasn't happened to teach you some about fishing, has she? It's quite different from hunting on land," she said, turning her eyes back to the water's surface, peering through it at the fish below. She stood as still underwater as she did above, watching fish dart this way and that- still uncertain that they didn't have a predator in their midst. She doubted she'd need to tell her grandson to stay still.

"You have to wait til they get used to you, then snatch them up, but you've really got to hook 'em with a claw quick, since they're so darn slippery," she said, not removing her eyes from the water. "Make sure that while you're standing still here, your weight's not on your dominant paw, that's what you're gonna catch them with, after all. So you want to be able to move it quickly without needing to move your weight." She herself was frustrated with the fish beneath her, as they kept swimming away.

Then one stayed near her long enough and lingered. "Here's one for me," she said as a warning to Kova just before she snapped her paw, scooping the fish into it. However, it had so much momentum that it came flying out of the water! Isi watched it for just a split second before jumping for it, but she missed. She belly-flopped into the water and looked up to see if Kova could catch it before it made its way to watery safety.

Light Atago

Lupine Loiterer

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:23 am
Kova shrugged before nodding at his grandma. "Dad has taught me a little here and there. But I'm not a pro." He admitted, he wasn't afraid to admit that. He knew for a fact that he wasn't the best at fishing but he could hunt that should count for something. If he wanted to go out or had to help the lionesses hunt he sure could help them that was for sure. He shook his head getting a few drops of water out of his hair before looking back at her.

He listened to his grandma carefully, his ears focused on what she was saying. He quickly put more weight on to his weaker paw before looking once more at his grandma, watching to see what she was doing. He flinched though figuring he also had to look at the fish. He jumped as his grandma snatched one out of the water. He looked at her before nodding. "That looks easy..." He smiled softly hoping that it really was as easy as she made it seem. He waited for once to get close enough and he leaned forward a bit trying to catch it, he grunted as he almost fell face first into the water. "Shoot!" He grunted before looking at Isi with a laugh. "Or not." He held still again keep an eye out. "Did you teach mom how to fish?" He asked curiously before loking at her for a moment. "she's a good hunter, did you teach her how to hunt too?"

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:05 pm
Isithunzi watched Kova's attempt, hoping in the back of her head that he'd get it. She watched for things to constructively criticize as he attempted it, but was too far away to help when he lost his balance. She couldn't help but laugh, though, his half-grown mane was dripping wet.

She waited for herself to stop laughing before saying, "Yeah, it's a little different moving about in the water, isn't it? The waves can make a bigger difference than you would think! Nice try though! give it another shot..." Isithunzi said, repositioning herself to make a catch. "The hooking is the hardest part..."

She listened to his question before breaking her gaze from the water. She gave a happy smile at the memory- "Yes, her and your aunt both! I took them both on a few fishing trips, got them going on the basics and let them learn the rest between the two of them. Your mother and your Aunt Taka collaborated on learning the finesse of it- put together I'll bet those two could learn to do anything they wanted," she said before returning her gaze to the water. The fish were just starting to come back from the recent action...

Light Atago

Lupine Loiterer

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:02 pm
Kova flicked his hair out of his eyes, he some how managed to get some of it wet. He could admit that at least he didn't get his entire face wet. He wouldn't be that happy if he face planted into the water and the rocks. He would be really disappointed if he had face planted into the water. He wiggled his toes around gently before looking back over at his grandmother. "You taught her really well." He laughed slightly then flicked his hair back out of his eyes again watching as one came his way again. "Mom is pretty great."

He laughed slightly as he leaned down moving very slowly to moving closer to the fish, he was ready to go He leaned in quickly grabbing on to the fish and clamping down with his jaws. around a fish, he growled slightly as he pulled his face out of the water and then growling slightly as he did. The fish flopped around in his jaws before he lifted his face up and then smiled slightly as he stood up with the slowly starting to stop struggling in his jaw. "I did it!" He said half mumbled.

[IC] Nchi'mahadhi Lands [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff