Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)
8 Elements

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

8 Elements
  I Use
  I Know of
  These Are...?
  Poll Gold Woo!!
View Results

Lucas Moonrose

Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:10 pm
Who here Has Heard of/ Used The 8 Elements...

One of the people I talk with about Witchcraft says She uses the 8 Elements.

Can Any inform me on this practice?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:18 pm
Well, the first elements anyone would ever think of would be earth, air, fire, and water. But then you can have as many elements as you want. You can subdivide the basic 4 into others.
Air - wind, storm, cloud
Earth - flora, fauna, stone
Water - ice, ocean, river
Fire - sun, light, flame, ember
Depending on what you're doing, you can use anything you can think of. But it all kind of comes from the four basic elements. At least that's what I believe. 3nodding  

Emerald_Angel28

Lucas Moonrose

Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:39 pm
That's why I Find 8 Elements Confusing. You have the Basic, Earth Air Fire Water, Then She started saying things like, Metal, Plant, And other things that I would just Throw under the four Basics. >>;; Why Us Mixtures of the Elements When All you need is the Four Basics for your work >> I mean...

Why include Green when all you need is red yellow and blue?

Green=yellow+blue

Yay For Being an Artist xDD

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:10 pm
I'd be inclined to say that they've been playing too many video games, Final Fantasy comes to mind as they usually break it down as Fire, Ice, Lightning, Wind, Earth, Water, Holy, and Shadow.

This doesn't necessarily mean that you can't work with elements in that way... if it works for them, I guess that's fine. Your best bet would be to ask them about it, and see if there is a specific tradition or path that is associated with it, or if its something that they have worked out for themselves.  

ncsweet
Crew

GoddessAttuned

Mind-boggling Fatcat

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:12 pm
Well I tend to stick to the most commonly used; Earth, Air, Water, and Fire.
As well at times incorperating the use/help of the fifth element called Ether, or "spirit."
Now I know the Japanese ( "godai" ) and Chinese ( "gogyo" ) traditionally have the elements of Chi beins Earth, Ka being fire, Fu meaning Wind, Sui of the Water, and Kui the "void."
But how do you get eight?
I know sometimes metal was used as an element in fudial Japan...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:17 pm
ncsweet
Your best bet would be to ask them about it, and see if there is a specific tradition or path that is associated with it, or if its something that they have worked out for themselves.

She Says she Follows a Masonic Path. Something I'm not learned with, Plus something I don't feel to fond with.  

Lucas Moonrose

Shapeshifter

Yanueh

Shameless Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:35 pm
Eight elements?

*thinks about this for awhile*

Ah-ha! If you combine Eastern and Western elements, you can come up to eight with no trouble at all!

Fire, water, air, earth, spirit, metal, wood, and... (highlight to read): SURPRISE!!!

But seriously, I haven't yet come across an eight-element system.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:31 pm
Lucas Moonrose
That's why I Find 8 Elements Confusing. You have the Basic, Earth Air Fire Water, Then She started saying things like, Metal, Plant, And other things that I would just Throw under the four Basics. >>;; Why Us Mixtures of the Elements When All you need is the Four Basics for your work >> I mean...

Why include Green when all you need is red yellow and blue?

Green=yellow+blue

Yay For Being an Artist xDD

I know what you mean. But I guess some people like using a mixture of cultural views in their workings.  

Emerald_Angel28

Arc En Licorne

5,300 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:01 pm
i use 5 elements
air-the use of wind and inscents
water-the use of ice and water
fire-the use of fire and candles
earth-the use of rocks, salt, and stones
ether-the use of the mind and soul. the very essence of life. is a combination of the other elements to create life  
*~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games