Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Valiant Gunner

Versatile Genius

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:52 pm
Video

I never thought Aerith and Cloud had something till I found this video, It made me cry =(

What do you guys think?

and how did Aerith died> I forgot it already
sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:15 am
Aerith was praying, Cloud was going to kill her but his body wasnt reacting right, and then Sephiroth figured fine I'll do it myself and swooped down stabbing Aerith through the chest. Cloud awoke from the control that sephiroth had over him. And Cloud placed Aerith in a lake, sure saddness. Cloud felt it was his fault that day that he let Aerith die.  

among_angel_wings

Bloodstorm Revolution

Shy Noob

13,575 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Firestarter 200
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:15 pm
Well even so.. I think Cloud has a bigger connection to Tifa considering he grew up with her and all.

With Aerith i believe her and Zack for obvious reasons have sa stronger connection than with Aerith and Cloud. ^^;

But to elaborate a little on how Aeirth died (Still wants to know how it changed from Aeris to Aerith) Sephiroth had aquired the black materia and was about to summon meteor So Aerith ran of to the city of the ancients (i think that's what it's called?) anyway there she began praying with her apparently 'good for nothing' materia for Holy to come and destroy meteor.

However and Cloud and team came running to her rescue thinking that Sephiroth was going to kill her and once again Sephiroth decided to start pulling Clouds strings like a puppet, Sephiroth tried to have Cloud kill Aerith and he almost did but he stopped not that it did much good as Sephiroth came flying down like a dragoon knight and stabbed her through the chest and was then cast aside into the nearby lake.

well that's the elaborated version.. ^^;  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:47 pm
I agree with Nightshade, the connection with Tifa and Cloud is stronger then Aeirth and Cloud...  

Gifted Summoner Yuna

Exalt Emmeryn

Hilarious Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:41 pm
aeris was mistranslated in kingdom hearts to "aerith" aeris is name after the celtic wind goddess, just as shiva is the celtic ice goddess....

from my knowledge of the game, and what my fiance said, the sephiroth that killed aeris was in fact jenova taking on the appearance of sephiroth (as you fight jenova after the whole incident which slightly clarifies that aspect but not to any substansial conclusion)

but aeris died by being stabbed through her abdomen, whilst she was praying to holy. Holy, apparently needs a sacrifice, so aeris nominated herself to do so.the reasn why she died is probably because of jenova thinking that it would be fun to give cloud and the gang a little nibble of false hope out of something so heroic on aeris' part.

I cried whenever i saw aeris death scene.... until i saw it for the 15th time...  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:44 am
blue_penguin123
aeris was mistranslated in kingdom hearts to "aerith" aeris is name after the celtic wind goddess, just as shiva is the celtic ice goddess....

from my knowledge of the game, and what my fiance said, the sephiroth that killed aeris was in fact jenova taking on the appearance of sephiroth (as you fight jenova after the whole incident which slightly clarifies that aspect but not to any substansial conclusion)

but aeris died by being stabbed through her abdomen, whilst she was praying to holy. Holy, apparently needs a sacrifice, so aeris nominated herself to do so.the reasn why she died is probably because of jenova thinking that it would be fun to give cloud and the gang a little nibble of false hope out of something so heroic on aeris' part.

I cried whenever i saw aeris death scene.... until i saw it for the 15th time...

Actually, Aeris is the mistranslation and it was fixed in KH to Aerith, and has remained Aerith for the rest of the Compilation. The translator for Seven, and other early FFs was actually fired after VII because QA in the US finally got it through to Japan that he was messing everything up, and when they went back and reviewed it all with a different translator, then they were not happy. I've talked to someone who was at Squaresoft during the time they were at the Costa Mesa office, before they moved to LA. biggrin  

TionneDawnstar

Bloodstorm Revolution

Shy Noob

13,575 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Firestarter 200
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:24 pm
TionneStrife
blue_penguin123

Actually, Aeris is the mistranslation and it was fixed in KH to Aerith, and has remained Aerith for the rest of the Compilation. The translator for Seven, and other early FFs was actually fired after VII because QA in the US finally got it through to Japan that he was messing everything up, and when they went back and reviewed it all with a different translator, then they were not happy. I've talked to someone who was at Squaresoft during the time they were at the Costa Mesa office, before they moved to LA. biggrin

Ahh, that is interesting. Thankyou for that. ^-^
It had been bugging me for some time.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:31 pm
blue_penguin123

That would make a LOT more sense due to Sephiroth being crystalised in materia...

But then the issue of the Midgar Serpent arrises... how would Jenova manage to lift a well massive stake and impale the serpent... o.o she has no tentacle arms until she becomes Jenova Absolute. Very interesting theory though. I must research that after all doesn't Sephiroth stab Tseng in the temple of the ancients...

But yes it would make sense for Jenova to want to pull Cloud's strings.

But was there a necessary sacrifice for Holy to work? I thought Sephiroth said something to Cloud in his dreams in Gongaga along the lines of "That girl could be quite a problem... we will have to take care of her won't we?"

So i personally think he saw Aerith as a threat and wanted to stop Holy. Not that it did much good without the lifestream anyway....  

Bloodstorm Revolution

Shy Noob

13,575 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Firestarter 200
  • Inquisitor 200

Exalt Emmeryn

Hilarious Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:31 pm
as i said about sephiroth/jenova... she took on the form of sephiroth. as she is a "calamity" she would have the strength to do just about anything, even impaling the midgar Zolom on a stake...

it also raises a question of how do the children in AC have geostigma, when they don't have jenova/sephiroth genes in them.... the only reason i can think of is that the original clones had children themselves, meaning that they would have those cells in them. but didn't they get killed at the "reunion" they all harped on about?  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:42 pm
blue_penguin123

Actually, Shiva was a God of Destruction (and other things I do not remember at the moment) from Hindu religion. As for Aerith/Aeris, I know naught of her being a Celtic Wind Goddess - rather, I'd heard the name was supposed to point towards her being close to the earth and hearing the voice of the Planet. Earth >> Aerith. See?  

Dr Lucrecia Crescent MD
Captain

Exalt Emmeryn

Hilarious Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:10 am
there is also a celtic ice goddess also known as shiva.... hence why the summon is a female who uses ice, not a four armed hermaphrodite with a third eye, a trident, a damaru, and no conection to ice (the only things close to ice would be destruction and the ganga)....

And you'll find that Aerith is a miss translation by Ted Woosley, her name is Aeris.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:09 pm
blue_penguin123
as i said about sephiroth/jenova... she took on the form of sephiroth. as she is a "calamity" she would have the strength to do just about anything, even impaling the midgar Zolom on a stake...

it also raises a question of how do the children in AC have geostigma, when they don't have jenova/sephiroth genes in them.... the only reason i can think of is that the original clones had children themselves, meaning that they would have those cells in them. but didn't they get killed at the "reunion" they all harped on about?

The only people who went to the reunion i thought were the original towns people of Nibelheim...

But i do agree how did they manage to get Geostigma?  

Bloodstorm Revolution

Shy Noob

13,575 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Firestarter 200
  • Inquisitor 200

User 19960409

Millionaire

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:11 pm
I have always supported CloudxTifa and all. Their bond is unbreakable

But Aerith x Zack is well. . . .

It was just kinda a relationship in Crisis Core, and nothing more after Zack died
I just don't like. . Cloud x Aerith. . .or Cloud x Yuffie for that matter *cough* Support Yuffentine *cough* But back to my point

See when Aerith first met Cloud she thought it was just Zack and that he had dyed his hair blond, and because Cloud had the Buster Sword (( Play FF7 Crisis Core to learn about all that ))

I don't remember where, but there is a FF7 novel, not On The Way To A Smile, but another one where Aerith tells Zack. . . .

(( SPOILER. HIGHLIGHT TO SEE IT ))

Aerith tells Zack in the Lifestream that she loves Cloud more than she loved him. . so no afterlife hook up :/

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:33 pm
Yuffentine

It was just kinda a relationship in Crisis Core, and nothing more after Zack died
I just don't like. . Cloud x Aerith. . .or Cloud x Yuffie for that matter *cough* Support Yuffentine *cough* But back to my point

See when Aerith first met Cloud she thought it was just Zack and that he had dyed his hair blond, and because Cloud had the Buster Sword (( Play FF7 Crisis Core to learn about all that ))

I don't remember where, but there is a FF7 novel, not On The Way To A Smile, but another one where Aerith tells Zack. . . .

Aerith tells Zack in the Lifestream that she loves Cloud more than she loved him. . so no afterlife hook up :/

But who released this book? Was it a fan made novel or was it a legitimate continuation?  

Bloodstorm Revolution

Shy Noob

13,575 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Firestarter 200
  • Inquisitor 200

User 19960409

Millionaire

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:04 pm
Screaming Nightshade
Yuffentine

But who released this book? Was it a fan made novel or was it a legitimate continuation?

It's not fan-made at all. It's 100% legitimate :3

Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces