Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sailor Moon / / The Gaian Senshi

Back to Guilds

Info, Skits, Coseplay, Games, Roleplaying, Much More. 

Tags: Sailor moon, Sailor scouts, Information, Acting, Roleplaying 

Reply Sailor Moon Free Chat (Chatter Box, General Discussion)
Sailor Cosmos Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Who do you think she is?
  Usagi's future self
  Usagi/Sailor Moon's descendant
  An alternate-universe Sailor Moon
  Someone else entirely
View Results

Yume_Silvermoon

4,900 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:32 pm
Discussion time! biggrin

Cosmos is one of the more controversial characters in the fandom because her history was so vague. As a result there are a lot of interesting theories about who exactly she is. I think Takeuchi-san said in an interview that she was "the future Sailor Moon," but even that's open to a lot of interpretation.

So, what do you guys think?  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:23 pm
I'm torn between future self and descendant. the only thing that stops me completely from thinking she is Usagi herself is that she got scared and ran away. (more or less)

In the Manga, when things are at their worst, is when she becomes the most powerful / fearless. She proves that at the end of Stars when she jumps into Sagittarius.  

Blackdemondreams
Captain

Shadowy Citizen

12,350 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Hypatia Star
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:25 pm
one vote for each xd  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:37 am
I've read the manga, and according to it Cosmos is the Senshi of the Cauldron. Is the Cauldron even in the Anime? I have yet to see the StarS anime. redface

I'm asking for it for Christmas though. lol  

Bunni Geisha

Moonlight Conventioneer

12,500 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Ultimate Player 200

Blackdemondreams
Captain

Shadowy Citizen

12,350 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:03 pm
Bunni Geisha
I've read the manga, and according to it Cosmos is the Senshi of the Cauldron. Is the Cauldron even in the Anime? I have yet to see the StarS anime. redface

I'm asking for it for Christmas though. lol

They don't even mention her in stars.

I think she has to be related somehow at least because only something with the bloodline from the Silver Millennium could have that kind of power.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:36 pm
In the manga, Sailor Cosmo is Sailor Chibi Chibi in disguise

Just Watch this vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FztRYckqe8  

SG Sailor Comet

7,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100

Yume_Silvermoon

4,900 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:42 pm
Cosmos is not in the anime (Takeuchi-san stated that she wished she had been in the anime), but there is a representation of the "Light of Hope" that looks a lot like her. As far as I know the Galaxy Cauldron does not appear either, since the battle with Galaxia takes place in Tokyo in the anime version.

I'm of the opinion that she is the future Usagi, or at least a future reincarnation of her, because of the line "the me of here [koko de no watashi], too, was suffering, so I was here to comfort her." Also, the fact that Cosmos has Usagi's memories ("back then, if I had destroyed it...") is pretty convincing evidence.

I missed the part where it said she was the Senshi of the Cauldron. Was that in the English version?  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:57 pm
Yume_Silvermoon
Cosmos is not in the anime (Takeuchi-san stated that she wished she had been in the anime), but there is a representation of the "Light of Hope" that looks a lot like her. As far as I know the Galaxy Cauldron does not appear either, since the battle with Galaxia takes place in Tokyo in the anime version.

I'm of the opinion that she is the future Usagi, or at least a future reincarnation of her, because of the line "the me of here [koko de no watashi], too, was suffering, so I was here to comfort her." Also, the fact that Cosmos has Usagi's memories ("back then, if I had destroyed it...") is pretty convincing evidence.

I missed the part where it said she was the Senshi of the Cauldron. Was that in the English version?
User Image
[BunniGeisha.deviantART.com]

Well not the 'Senshi' i just couldn't find the right word. Like the guard? That doesn't sound right either.
Anyway— if I can find it I'll post it here, but there was something where Takeuchi said that Sailor Cosmos was NOT Sailor Moon in any way.

I'll try and find that.

Bunni Geisha

Moonlight Conventioneer

12,500 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Ultimate Player 200

Bunni Geisha

Moonlight Conventioneer

12,500 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:14 pm
User Image
Okay, it's not what I remember but this is what I found...

"Sailor Moon had the chance to destroy Chaos, but she didn't because if she would have, she would have also destroyed where the stars are born and return(The Cauldron) . Years pass, and Sailor Moon became Sailor Cosmos, a future reincarnation of Sailor Moon. Sailor Cosmos regrets not killing Chaos when she had the chance, because now Chaos had killed everyone she loves. With hope, Sailor Cosmos decides to go to the past to make Sailor Moon destroy Chaos."

So, Sailor Cosmos is not technically Sailor Moon, she is a reincarnation from Sailor Moon/Princess Serenity/Usagi/ ect. ect. 's star seed.

So I guess technically (I finally found the word) Sailor Cosmos can be called The Guardian of the Cauldron, like I was saying.

It's very complicated and confuses me, but there it is. lol

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:16 pm
Bunni Geisha
Yume_Silvermoon

User Image

Well not the 'Senshi' i just couldn't find the right word. Like the guard? That doesn't sound right either.
Anyway— if I can find it I'll post it here, but there was something where Takeuchi said that Sailor Cosmos was NOT Sailor Moon in any way.

I'll try and find that.

Awww if that's true that kinda sucks. lol crying  

Blackdemondreams
Captain

Shadowy Citizen

12,350 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Blackdemondreams
Captain

Shadowy Citizen

12,350 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:23 pm
Bunni Geisha
User Image
Okay, it's not what I remember but this is what I found...

"Sailor Moon had the chance to destroy Chaos, but she didn't because if she would have, she would have also destroyed where the stars are born and return(The Cauldron) . Years pass, and Sailor Moon became Sailor Cosmos, a future reincarnation of Sailor Moon. Sailor Cosmos regrets not killing Chaos when she had the chance, because now Chaos had killed everyone she loves. With hope, Sailor Cosmos decides to go to the past to make Sailor Moon destroy Chaos."

So, Sailor Cosmos is not technically Sailor Moon, she is a reincarnation from Sailor Moon/Princess Serenity/Usagi/ ect. ect. 's star seed.

So I guess technically (I finally found the word) Sailor Cosmos can be called The Guardian of the Cauldron, like I was saying.

It's very complicated and confuses me, but there it is. lol

That makes scene. heart That clears up some confusion for me. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:57 am
Wow... I love Sailor Cosmos, though. I always thought she was Usagi's descendant, genetically, with Sailor Moon's star seed. I don't know if that agrees with what you said or not... xD  

Trinity_Rei

Beloved Hunter

8,500 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Grunny Rainbow 100

Ketsueki Einjeru

Feline Fatcat

7,300 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:39 am
Rhythm Heaven Freak

Just Watch this vid:

]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FztRYckqe8

That was so confusing it made my head hurt >////<  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:04 pm
Ketsueki Einjeru
Rhythm Heaven Freak

Just Watch this vid:

]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FztRYckqe8

That was so confusing it made my head hurt >////<
User Image

To the person you quoted (I forgot when I went in search od Cosmos facts XD wink

CHibi Chibi is the diguise of Cosmos, not the other way around.

Bunni Geisha

Moonlight Conventioneer

12,500 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Ultimate Player 200

Yume_Silvermoon

4,900 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:19 pm
I don't know how reliable it is, but Smile magazine printed a Naoko Takeuchi interview in which she stated that Chibi Chibi Moon was "the future Sailor Moon": http://www.sailor-games.com/misc2/interview.html That doesn't really clear up whether she's a reincarnation or simply a future form, though.

I went to Kurozuki.com and read through the scripts... as far as I know there's no evidence one way or another in the manga. The whole thing's pretty vague. Maybe there are other sources I'm not aware of though.

Er... I'm a nerd with too much time ^_^;

I like the name Guardian of the Cauldron <3 It sounds pretty.  
Sailor Moon Free Chat (Chatter Box, General Discussion)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games