Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
Borderlands Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:46 am
**** you borderlands and your awesome. Disclaimer: game is only really awesome if you're playing with friends.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:08 am
Hey sorry for being a p***k, maybe we talk about something we like but borderlans is a good game but i was worried about the new art design they did but it worked out well, best looking cel-shaded game i've seen, but Mordecai looks to anorexic, good game overall.  

The Ginger Dude

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:22 am
A lot of the design of the game is intentionally exaggerated. The hunter and the siren intentionally look very small compared to the hulking berserker. Roland is just a cool guy all around (my personal choice).

Some friends and I got it for PC like 3 days ago... myself and one other have completed it, and will probably be going through the playthrough 2 mode pretty soon.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:19 am
This is where my luck has just been, as Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw would put it, "absolute shite." I pre-oreder a copy of the game, and a week later, my Xbox has a hardware error and dies. I have a shiny new copy and nothing to play it on!

I have played it for about an hour on a friend's box, and I can already tell that this game is going to be my Fallout 3 of this coming year. Favorite thing: sights! I know it sounds kinda stupid, but I'm a guy who reall likes to aim his shots, and when I didn't get to look down the sights when I aimed in Fallout 3, I was rather upset. Also, its nice that different guns can wind up with different kinds of sights.

I've only played as one character so far, Roland, simply because he's good with assault rifles and shotguns (my FPS weapons of choice) and he gets a medic skill tree, a position I really like playing for some reason in multiplayer games. Hope to start a new game with Mordecai later today and see if I get a nice revolver as part of some Gamestop pre-order DLC.  

Haratio TaFotter

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:32 pm
If you like actually aiming play on the PC.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:13 pm
Level 50 roland who has fully beaten playthrough 2. Still plans on helping lower level friends reach level 50, and searching for more amazing weapons.

God damn this is a fun game. Unfortunately it has a lot of flaws that a couple of good mods would fix up and make the game really shine.

Well if anyone has it on PC and you want some help let me know.  

nitnit
Captain

Tron714
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:23 pm
Whenever I get the money I would love to purchase this game. Im leaning towards the 360 copy just for splitscreen play for Dreamer and I. DLC is supposed to be abundant and the creator of Borderlands says a sequel is a no brainer for this IP.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:21 am
The only real problem I have with the PC version is how easy it is to hack your character. I'd rather it be neigh impossible to do and have rare items/maxed out characters have more meaning.

Ah well, that's the price I have to pay for a far superior control scheme  

nitnit
Captain

Haratio TaFotter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:59 am
Tron714
DLC is supposed to be abundant and the creator of Borderlands says a sequel is a no brainer for this IP.

Speaking of which, I saw something on Attack of the Show yesterday, and the first DLC thing, something about a zombie island, is due out late November (24th I think, but don't hold me to that). Even faster than Bethesda, and maybe not as buggy either lol.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:28 pm
Hey how's the final boss, probably easy since you get to 50, but is it a hard boss?  

The Ginger Dude

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:10 am
On playthrough 1 he's in the mid 30's, on playthrough 2 he's level 50. He's not particularly too hard on either playthrough, only problem is if you die while in single player he'll restore all of his health, meaning if you mess up too much then gg.

Spoilers (highlight to see): The final boss is basically a big cthulu ish monster.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:47 pm
I haven't beaten the game yet, BUT I'm not just running through story mode, I'm not even REALLY past New Haven, it is interesting to see hwo things arc and twist though.

I've had one major issue, 2 of the scavenger missions ((Collect different parts of the gun to build it)) two parts show up on radar even after I get them and it won'[t count them. One being the revolver barrel I think in and some other one I can't remember...

It sucks also that it will put things where if you want to find them you have to jump and press quart at the exact right time, you cant' spend alot of time looking for a way up...

For example the Claptrap repair kit in King Wee Wee's play house, is a b***h to find.

Naomi_Hellsing

Enduring Lover

10,350 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:37 pm
Don't worry, the scavenger missions don't really give you good weapons...

The game's going to start increasing in difficulty once you start fighting the lance corporation, if you have any trouble with them be sure to use corrosive weapons. On playthrough 2 those guys become almost impossible without corrosive.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:43 am
The achievements for Borderlands look really simple. I look forward to getting another 1000/1000.  

Tron714
Vice Captain

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:11 pm
I'm surprised you don't play games like Avatar, Open Season, and King Kong.  
Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff