Welcome to Gaia! ::

Band Nerd Guild

Back to Guilds

The coolest most awesome most BAND NERDIEST place EVER! 

Tags: band, nerd, music 

Reply Forum of Rock
favorite metal band and why.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

reptarthedino

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:28 pm
dont say just cause their fuggin awesome ya know? say what you believe to be there strengths and best songs and stuff like that.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:28 am
Mastodon, because bran dailor is my favorite drummer, and everyone else aint to bad either.  

Luno-chan

SweetNaughtyness

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:03 am
System of a down, Hawthorne Heights and Mastadon. THey rule the crazy screaming world of rock. They know what to do and how to do it. I wasnt sure if Hawthorne Heights is a metal band but they could totally pull it off  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:11 am
naughtyinnosence
System of a down, Hawthorne Heights and Mastadon. THey rule the crazy screaming world of rock. They know what to do and how to do it. I wasnt sure if Hawthorne Heights is a metal band but they could totally pull it off

System of a down is Hard rock, Hawethorne heights is emo/screamo whatever garbage. But points for the mastodon eek  

Luno-chan

GrrrMoo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:59 pm
buried in verona. Their guitar/ screams are amazing.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:12 pm
Bullet for my Valentine because its bout the only hevy metal band i listen to xp  

Nabi-Chou

Luno-chan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:12 pm
rude_riot_girl14
Bullet for my Valentine because its bout the only hevy metal band i listen to xp

Please tell me you listen to ska. otherwise rude should not be in your name. .-.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:25 am
Either Metallica, because they have been top of their game for nearly 30 years and they haven't got boring, or Bullet For My Valentine, because they can do no wrong in my opinion. Every song they wrote is awesome! biggrin  

Deckybob

Luno-chan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:16 am
Deckybob
Either Metallica, because they have been top of their game for nearly 30 years and they haven't got boring, or Bullet For My Valentine, because they can do no wrong in my opinion. Every song they wrote is awesome! biggrin

Metallica turned into a pile of suck after the original bassist died.

new favorite Metal-ish band. Dhysrhythmia!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaChHrnuWv8&feature=related  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:58 am
Ok first Bullet For My Valentine is not metal they are metalcore. My favorite is either Sabbath with Ozzy because they basically launched metal along side Zeppelin or Blind Guardian because they show what power metal is all about ,the melodic riffs the powerful voice and an amazing live performance.  

Thorax_The_Impaler

Drumming_For_Christ

3,400 Points
  • Voter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:09 am
heart ¡¡¡¡Demon Hunter and As I lay dying!!!! heart  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:08 pm
Satyricon. I don't care if anyone thinks that they're "commercialized" black metal, Frost and Satyr understand music. They know that the only way a genre can survive is for it to evolve and they do a good job taking the basic black metal sound and turning it into something that is their own.  

Verne the Vaudevillian

Questionable Sex Symbol

10,400 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Clambake 200

Black Heart Massacred

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:32 am
I recently discovered a band ( who unfortunately disbanded in the 90's) named Within Temptation. They're not heavy metal but they're considered Symphonic metal because they use actual symphony sounds in their music. I like them because Its different from your every day head-banger, screaming your head off til your ears burst type of rock. I highly recommend their song "The Truth Beneath the Rose" and "What Have You Done".  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:06 am
Black Heart Massacred
I recently discovered a band ( who unfortunately disbanded in the 90's) named Within Temptation. They're not heavy metal but they're considered Symphonic metal because they use actual symphony sounds in their music. I like them because Its different from your every day head-banger, screaming your head off til your ears burst type of rock. I highly recommend their song "The Truth Beneath the Rose" and "What Have You Done".

oh my gosh! i love Wthin Temptation! nice to meet another fan. i recomend to you 'Utopia' and 'Angels'  

Kitty-in-a-hole

Matadair

Wealthy Lunatic

14,600 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:00 pm
Favorite band, I don't know. Favorite artist, Devin Townsend in his various musical projects. Steve Vai, Strapping Young Lad, Noisescapes, Devin Townsend Band, Devin Townsend Project and the like. Fantastic genius of a musician.  
Forum of Rock

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games