Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:57 pm
User Image
Mawi Mai let out a small yawn as she traveled toward the shore of the lake in the pride. A very small smile was on her face. She was pretty happy to be out and about that morning. She was taking a chance to wander around the pride with out having to do her job. She took over her mother's rank not that long ago as the Umshayi Wesigubhu. it was her dream, she was so happy when her mother gave the ranking to her. She felt a little bad about it but at the same time she loved it. She was a little busy between taking care of her children, her mate and even spending time with Taka, she couldn't stop spending time with Taka.

But when it came down to it, she didn't get to spend much time with her other pridemates, even though a lot of her pridemates were mostly family. It made her feel a little bad. She finally now had some time to wander and spend some time herself. So that's what she was going to do. She trotted as she headed toward the lake of the pride. Her shakers on her tail and paws rattling as she walked and her drum hung loosely from her neck. She could smell the fresh scent from the flower her mate just recently gave her. She was wondering where Aapep always found them. He must have had some kind of flower patch that he had found some where.

She chuckled at the idea as she approached the water. A smile was on her face as she slunk toward the water, wiggling her toes it in some. Before smiling softly. She enjoyed the time that she got wandering around to spend her time like this. Oh yes it was the best time that she had.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:25 pm
User Image It had been a long time since this one had interacted with others, maybe in passing she has said hello and good-bye, maybe a proper conversation that didn't last long. Memories of those were loose in her head as most of it was filled with lyrics that just could never fit together, ones that couldn't seem right with one another. And furthermore, she couldn't keep herself in beat or have her voice sound as melodic as some pride members. What made things worse for her was that her drum strap was cut loose, spending most of the morning trying to repair it herself, she found it best to leave it until she could find someone else.

With a sigh, she lowered her head, the lake's water ebbing playfully against her toes, the sand squeezing between her toes. It was here that this youthful lioness spent her days, pondering and thinking, trying her best to compose. Without her drum, she had no beat. With a clouded mind of worry, she could not think. With a worried mind, she could not properly vocalize. Oh woe is a lioness of the Nchi'mahadhi who isn't artistic.

Even with all this, the thoughts of a male partner has yet to cross her mind! So engrossed with following the crowd of artists, she focuses her time on her work than seeking a mate.

Oh how cruel fates...

PhiferWolf

Loyal Werewolf

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:43 pm
At first Mawi Mai never noticed the other lioness who joined her in the clay like dirt of the lake. She never heard the sound of another shifting in the waters. But Mawi Mai was almost always alert to her surroundings. It wasn't long before she was looking around her noticing another in the water. Just not anyone but one of her half siblings. Melisma'solfege. Mawi Remembered when she was younger, a teenager her younger siblings were born. She didn't know what to think of them. The cubs mostly being female, at that point of her life she was more interested in spending her time with her male friends. That and also she was so used to it behind herself and her sister Taka! she didn't know what to think of the cubs, so she spent a lot of time away from them. On top of that she was caught up in the time she had with Aapep.

But now she was grown, she knew how to balance her life, her growing cubs, and her mate all at once along with her pride duties. She was a lot more calm and more importantly a lot more accepting to her siblings. And with seeing one of her sisters kind of down she wanted to see what was around. She put on a smile on her face before trotting toward her. "Hello there sis!" She called out before pausing where she was standing and nodding toward her. "What's new?" She asked curiously wondering what kind of answer she was going to get from her half sibling. She moved toward she shore before sitting down at the edges and smiling at her. Being as open and friendly as she normally was. She was hoping she could cheer her sister up in what ever was bothering her.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:47 pm
The presence of the female had long alerted her before she even spoke, soft pink eyes raised to greet the female. It was one of her siblings. And it was one of her elder sisters, one from her mother's previous litter if she remembered correctly. ... Or was it father's. Rubbing her forehead, she cursed herself for being so detached and forgetful. Now, to find this female's name, her sister's name, how could she forget. In her mind, her paw slips into the sea of lyrics, paw outstretched reaching.

"Hello there ... Mai," damn, that was it right? Was there more? She looked at her and blinked a few times before smiling. Did it matter? Perhaps she was forgetful when she was more focused on other things. That was fine, right? She was family! She would be forgiven. But it was what made her smile, Mai was family, she would be forgiven for forgetting, and that there was someone here that wanted her company.

With a sigh, "My drum strap broke. I must repair it soon, but I will surely tend to that," Solfege smiled, getting up to get closer. She was older and she looked amazingly beautiful, much better than her bland self. She had what looked to be blue gems in her fur, shells around the base of her tail and her paws that just made a wonderful sound when she moved, a beautiful and intact drum, one much more decorated than her own, and that flower behind her ear drew her attention. "Other than that ... nothing else."

PhiferWolf

Loyal Werewolf

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:00 am
Mawi Mai was a little caught off by some one using her second half of her name. She wasn't used to being called by that name. Most of the time others called her Mawi, Mai was something new. She knew her mother called her that some times when she was little and in trouble. But it didn't matter, she didn't mind being called Mai. It was still part of her name. She smiled at her sister before stretching her paws out some and smiling. She was excited to spend some time with one of her siblings.

She looked at her sister the sigh made her feel a little bad. She really hated seeing anyone upset and if they were family it was not something that went over well with Mawi. Of course so like any other time she put on her friendly face and got really to help out in anyway that she could. "Well that's easy to fix sister!" She giggled slightly as she nipped at her sister before nodding. "I can help you with that right now if you want!" She sat back on her haunches for a moment, doing a small inventory in her mind, trying to figure out how many straps she had on hand.

She bumped her sister gently before flashing a grin. "Thats it? Well! You sound like you need some company or something to do!" She chuckled slightly before nodding her head. "If you ever want to spend some time with some one hunt me down little sis!" she chuckled a bit before looking toward the drum circle and nodding. "Come on. Lets get to that drum shall we?"

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:07 am
Solfege chuckled at her sister's friendly gestures. My, she was a bubbly one! And so straight forward too, she certainly knew what she wanted and how to get it. What she wanted was to help her sister and fellow pride member and she would be able to fix her drum! Oh what great days this will be. Now Melisma'solfege will have someone to be with for the while and someone to contact in the future, finally someone who didn't mind having this lioness around. Though, she was family, one day she will find a stranger. Right? "O-of course! I shall go fetch it and head straight to the drum circle. My place isn't far, I can get it before you can so Mafufu!" with that heartful laugh, the lighter female dashed off back to her den.

Her den wasn't far from the lake and she could have probably gotten there before Mawi Mai said "Ma-". The den was small but spacious and the drum laid nestled into a corner that had been acting as her headrest for the past night. Still, she was glad that she ran into her sister, she seemed really nice and friendly too. Perhaps she could ease her mind and put her lyrics away for a bit.

"Now... to get you to the drum circle without breaking you even more," she murmured as she crawled into the broken harness, keeping the two locked the two pieces between her teeth and began walking awkwardly back to her sister.

"To the drum circle!" She shouted as she neared, though slightly muffled from the drum. She must have looked ridiculous.

PhiferWolf

Loyal Werewolf

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:03 pm
Mawi Mai looked at her sister with a large grin on her face. she was glad to see the excitement already fill in her sister's face. She giggled slightly before nodding toward her. She was so excited herself. She loved seeing anyone excited for music, seeing a family member excited for music made her that much more happy. She wiggled around happily before trotting a little faster toward the drum circle. A grin on her face as she did. She moved as quickly as she could on her way toward the den. She was caught off gaurd already seeing her sister down there but she was okay with it, her sister was going to have to wait for a moment as she quickly dashed toward her own den and grabbed a strap and also a small pouch of decoration materials. She knew that her sister would enjoy it.

She giggled slightly before trotting toward the drum circle where her sister was placing the pouch on the ground and the pouch of decorations on the ground. "Here we are!" She giggled once before looking at her sister and the drum. "Oh my. You might have to replace the strap." She clicked her tongue against the roof of her mouth before smiling at her. "No worries I'm glad I brought one. And Oh!" She looked at the drum before looking down at the pouch. "Well! It's not decorated at all Meli!" She nudged the pouch one more. "I'm glad I brought these too!" She giggled once more then nodded toward her sister.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:11 pm
Looking at her drum, the strap broken and plain, it sounded dull too. At least to her ears, it was not as alto or bass as she'd have liked it, but one cannot argue that it is still a good drum. Melisma nosed it as she moved herself to her sister's side, looking carefully at the materials before them. She was content that they, the two sisters, could do something for this drum. Before her; a drum, stout and plain with some material covering the top, a broken harness that had once fastened it around her neck, another strap, new and fresh that Mawi had brought as well as a patch of decorations.

"I don't know how to fix a harness like you, Mai, but I could watch you," Melisma purred. She smiled at her sister, glad that she was spending time with someone and getting something that had once was messing with her mind in worry was now being taken care of. Her attention drifted to the bags of decoration, curious of what it held. Giving a few glances to her sister, she pawed at it until it had fallen over, spilling its contents.

"T-they're beautiful! Are you certain we could be using these? I mean, why not use them yourself?"

PhiferWolf

Loyal Werewolf

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:56 am
Mawi Mai sat back on her haunches, taking her time and a close look at the strap, trying to figure out if she really had to replace the strap. She looked up at her sister before nodding. "Well normally I would repair it but it's pretty bad, and it might be to small to fit around your neck right." She leaned over and started to carefully dismantle the strap from the drum. "I't pretty easy. Mom showed me all of it, I can do this with my eyes closed." She chuckled slightly before looking up at her sister "If you ever need help, I'm more than willing."

She sat back a little more and started to work the new strap into the slot that it had. She made a small face before reaching for a pair of leaves she had in the pouch. "These leaves are wonderful. If you break them they have this stuff in them that holds things together." She ran a claw across the leaf, watching some white sap ooze out of it. She applied it to the strap ends before looking at them. "Once that drys it should be more than strong enough." she chuckled a bit before she noticed her sister messing with the items in the pouch.

"Well thank you!" She said before chuckling a bit, wandering over and scooting some of it back into the pouch with her paw before letting out another chuckle. "Of course we are going to use them silly." she nipped at her sister's ear before shaking her head. "Because I'm happy with my drum." She beamed proudly, she had had the same thing for the longest time. Changing the skin on it occasionally but the gourd was the same. "I like to see everyone's drum pretty! Cubs love to use it and I'm always finding things. And my son likes to bring me back things." She chuckled once more and then nodded to her. "The strap is ready. But I wouldn't carry it around your neck until at least sundown tomorrow. Now..." Her voice trailed as she pulled out a few leaves for sticking the decorations on the drum. "What do you want on there?"

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:59 pm
Mom. That word seemed a bit foreign to her. Though she was still here in the Nichi, she hardly made it a priority to see her family. Perhaps it was time to change herself, to put the music second and those around her first. Looking at herself now, she was happy that she was here with Mawi Mai than sitting by the bank worrying about her lyrics and tunes. Yes, she'd certainly have to see mother and her siblings again. Melisma smiled, "You must be an expert at it. Are you sure you belong to the music pride, Ms. Handy?" She chuckled. Since she got the drum, she had never had it tuned or fitted since she was younger. Also, she was noticing it was a little tight, but not enough to suffocate her and she did have slight difficulty taking it off...

"I'd like that..."

She was learning, not music or singing, but how to create the instrument that creates music that accompanies singing. The female watched with interest as her sister applied the white sap. Something like that, something small from as insignificant as a leaf could be so potent that it is able to keep a strap to a drum? Could it be possible that this substance would have other uses? Why would the Gods have created something like that? ... Nature's Glue.

Oh what a silly question, right? Why else would she have bought the pouch to begin with? Melisma smiled regardless, pawing her sister away from her ear. "It seems like there is a lot to these drums than just banging them and repairing them. I guess its appearance could make a different, right? The type of gourd and the type of skin on it?" Melisma purred, looking over her now-fixed drum. Still plain, she had no idea how she could start decorating it! She didn't have a lot of creativity as Mawi Mai did, but maybe... "How about we both put something on it? You know, a collaboration or something," Melisma reached for a rock that was nice and smooth and held it up for Mai.

"...So, you're mated, aren't you?" She purred quietly, looking down at the drum. Of course she was, how couldn't she be? She was happy, she was great to be around, she was helpful and beautiful. And she had a son. No surprise being an elder sibling. Whereas she was getting nowhere in the area of courtship.

PhiferWolf

Loyal Werewolf

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:30 pm
Mawi Mai was quiet concentrated with what she was doing for a moment. For Mawi when it came down to drumming or music she loved it so much, however she wanted to make sure that she gave her sons, her sister, her mother and her mate all of the attention that they wanted from her. She loved them, she loved to take care of them. She was always trying to split as much of her day to take care of everything that she wanted to take care of and everything that she had to take care of. Even when it came down to pride business. She loved her mother but with the large litter that she had taken attention away from everything and it was so different.

She laughed slightly before nodding at her. "I belong here. I love it here. I'm so happy." She laughed slightly before looking up at her younger sister. "This just comes along with the job, I've been trying to get here forever." She let out a laugh before looking back down at the drum. She was thinking that she would have really liked to spend more time with her siblings. It would be nice. She nodded toward her again. "I have to teach them to make the drums and all. I make people happy so." Her voice trailed but then she looked up again.

"There is." She nodded truthfully however she smiled. "To me... It's a part of you." She looked up at her sister then grinned even wider. "Thats why you should decorate it" She chuckled then flicked her hair out of her eyes. "It expresses you, I know I'm really attached to mind." She purred then double checked her sister's drum making sure that is was in good shape. before giving it a bit of a pat. "Oh my it's out of tune. That's a easy fix." She chuckled slightly, moving one of the teeth holding the skin down and moving it before giving it another pat. "There we go!" She iggled slightly then looked up at her sister and grinning.

"A collaboration. I think I'd enjoy that." She gave her sister a very wide smile before she started to get to work, picking up little beads and working on her side. "I am." She purred a little loudly she loved her mate an her children. "He stumbled into the pride. I was so happy that I met him." She flashed her a smile before nodding toward her. "Do you have anyone that you have your mind on?" She asked slightly teasingly before winking at her.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:44 pm
"I have no one on my mind, sister..." She purred, looking over the top of the drum, looking at her. She was lucky, she had someone come into her life where as she has yet to meet any one. Was it because she kept to herself? Or was it because she wasn't as lucky as Mai? She hid a slight frown behind the gourd before going back to work. "I have not been as fortunate as to run into anyone yet. Maybe I'll meet someone while hunting, but not yet..."

"I suppose it does. One cannot play music without that creates the undertoned beat such as the drum. But one must care for oneself if you desire to sing or your voice may become course and difficult to make a sound. Taking care of a drum is being able to repair it if something were to happen or to tune it for if a tooth comes undone. Being a pride member, we take care of one another and ourselves thus nourishing our voices with that of our pride to influence our songs," Melisma murmured as she worked upon her side. She was happy she was here, yet, sometimes she felt like she didn't quite fit in.

Perhaps it was because she has not finished a single piece with all these lyrics in her head so ... strange. These words in her heard were not like that of any she had heard, she was not even sure if they were words at all, but they just fit into her rhythm. But even with her out of beat drum, there was still missing elements for it to sound better. She'll work on it, she promised herself that much. Melisma kept the thoughts to herself as she always has. The words swam in her mind slowly and the mental beat hit her head over and over as she worked upon her side.

In soft whisper, but as melodic as she could muster without realizing, "

Me djinaua jeg rat gai wam
Gai wam
Gai wam

Gai wam
Gai wam

Me djinau jeg rat gai kelam
La la la la
La la la la
La la la la
La la la la la

Me djinau jeg rat gai kelam
La la la la
La la la la
La la la la
La la la la la
"

Her voice trailed as the beat left her and the words fell back into the abyss of her mind. The female blinked a few time before peering at her sister. "Oh my."

PhiferWolf

Loyal Werewolf

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:59 pm
Mawi Mai giggled slightly before nudging her sister playfully with a large grin on her face. "You need to get out a little more." She chirped in a sing-song tone before grinning widely. She winked before nipping gently at her once more. "If you get out then you never know you might find some one that you like." She giggled slightly then stood up bouncing around her sister. "If I have to I'll take out out of the pride one day and I'll make sure that you meet some one!" She quickly bounced back to the spot behind the drum once more, flicking her tail around a bit and enjoying the rattling sound her shakers made. "You are a beautiful lioness and you deserve some one to share your music with just as much as I do." She smiled widely at her before winking once more.

"Exactly." She chuckled slightly before glancing at her own drum. She leaned down and the the strap flip off of her neck she nudged it to the side before looking back down at the drum trying to figure out what she was going to put on it next. She flicked her tail around just a few more times then wrinkled her brow for a moment. She was focusing on her side of the drum before a soft sound attracted her attention. She looked up and a bright smile spread back across her maw. "You have such a beautiful voice Meli." She nodded before flicking her hair out of her eyes. "You know you should come around the drum circle a little more." She nodded as she glanced at her sister, she looked back down before speaking again. "You have a talent just like the rest of us. I never hear you singing much. It's no good to hold it back, maybe you should do it more." She flashed a smile before looking up at the lighter colored lioness.

"You know being in any pride for so long makes everything seem a little dull." She chuckled slightly taking her head. "When I was younger before you guys were born I used to go out all the time. Wander away for a bit and come down before mom came back with dinner." She nodded then looked back up at her sister. "No matter how much I love this place it is healthy to wander away sometimes. Maybe you could do it too?"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:40 pm
Eyes watched her sister dance around her playfully, threats of being taken out of the pride's territory to find males for her! Oh the scandal! The audacity! Sounded perfect! However, she didn't know all too much about males aside that they were nice and usually stuck around the female. How would she do with a male attached to her side? "But Mai, I'd have no idea what I'd be even looking for," she asked, jerking her head to keep her eyes on her sister as she danced around playfully. "What if I get hurt or something? What if he ends up leaving me? Then I have no one else to blame but you, you know that right?" She smiled nipping at her as she passed, laying her head down upon the drum with her tongue lolled out.

"I do sing, sister, I really do, but lately I haven't been able to form the words at all, they do it themselves and they just come out. I haven't actually did anything really, my body ... just does," she trailed off as she looked down at her drum. She wanted to sing, she wanted to showcase her abilities to the pride, she wanted to be seen as a member who was talented and cheered for when she did sing. But her words were strange yet familiar and comforting to her soul, perhaps no one else would understand them, but the feelings the sounds make should be good enough, right? She smiled at herself as she pondered all this. "The sound of music makes my heart soar, if only I could guide it myself one of these days."

"Well! I will wander out of the territory one of these days, I will and I promise you that!" Melisma cried out dramatically, even to the extent to striking a silly pose with a determined face. "Once I find a mate, have a litter, and have finished my first song." She laughs.

PhiferWolf

Loyal Werewolf

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:52 pm
Mawi Mai giggled slightly before nipping at her sister a few times and giggled, nudging her sister a few times. "Oh come on. You don't look you run into!" She giggled again before nodding toward her. "I didn't look for Aapep." She giggled slightly before looking down at the drum, she was liking how her side was starting to wrap together nicely. She couldn't help but to smile before her sister's comment made it to her ears. "Well if you get hurt then as the big sister I'm going to be kicking some butt!" She giggled as she nipped once more and then flopped down on the ground.

"I mean... You should come out to the drum circle and sing some times! I don't see you singing much there. You should talk to Juke, he's the choir leader!" She giggled a bit at the idea she would love to see her sister learning from there he was a good teacher for what he heard. "Well when they come out remember them! Start to put them together." She nodded at the idea, it sounded like a really good idea to her. "If you remember them you might Be able to pull together something very good." She giggled at the idea then nodded to her again. "Music is a wonderful thing. I'm pretty sure that everyone would love for you join in."

"You BETTER!" She giggled slightly as she moved toward her sister, crouching down before pouncing on her, making sure that the angle she was at wouldn't hurt the drum. "I'll make sure you do too." She smirked slightly before licking the side of her face.

[IC] Nchi'mahadhi Lands [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff